Goryeo (4)

WENDY x SUGA • Written In The Stars

1633ffd995dbbf51675979543897.jpg

 

 

"Gongju-nim..." Seungwan said as she helped the Princess to pack some things.

"Hmm?" Princess Joohyun answered.

"Can i ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

Seungwan then stopped packing and sat on the seat beside the Princess.

"What if i couldn't accompany you to the North?" She asked carefully.

"What do you mean?" The Princess also stopped what she was doing and faced Seungwan.

"Promise me you won't be dissapointed in me. Promise me you won't tell my parents about it." Seungwan said as she held the Princess' hands.

The princess' narrowed her eyes to Seungwan, "What are you planning, Seungwan-a?"

"Please promise me... Please... I have none to talk about it beside you." Seungwan said as she felt a little scared.

"I am your bestfriend. We have been together for 18 years, and you don't believe in me?" Princess Joohyun said.

Seungwan looked at the sincere eyes and strong hold of the Princess on her, "I am... just scared, Gongju-nim."

Princess Joohyun just looking straight into her eyes and waiting for her to speak something.

"Yoongi-ssi... He asked me to run away with him." Seungwan said as she bow her head down.

The Princess' eyes just widened at her bestfriend's statement.

_

The day for Princess Joohyun and Seungwan to go to the North has come. All preparation has been made. Seungwan's mother shed tears as she let go of her only daughter's hand. But she knew, her husband decision was the best for Seungwan. She would meet someone worthy of her there in the North. She would not make her family be ashamed.

Princess Joohyun was in the same carriage as Seungwan, while Prince Junmyeon was infront of them riding a horse. The whole ride was pretty quiet, Seungwan only stare at the carriage's window for a long time.The Princess could only see the sadness and nervousness of her bestfriend. 

Hours and hours passed by until the officially arrive in the North palace. Seungwan still had not say a single word. And it made the Princess' very worried.

"Seungwan... It's okay." She said as she patted her back.

Seungwan could only smile while carrying some bags of hers and the princess.

One more sleep... one more night.... Hang in there Seungwan. She thought.

_

The morning came in so fast. Seungwan brushed her long hair and watched her reflection on the mirror. She touched her clothes softly, clothes that was made by her mother. She closed her eyes adn took a deep breath.

Just then her room's door opened.

"Princess Joohyun from the South has arrived." The guard announced.

The princess stepped in the room and patted Seungwan's back who was still sitting infront of her mirror.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

Seungwan nodded.

"Then why are you crying?" She said while smiling.

"Am i?" Seungwan said as she shed the tears on her cheeks. 

The princess hugged her from the back. "Come on. We are ready to go."

The princess had scheduled for a secret stroll in the village. Prince Junmyeon agreed with her plan as long as she took some guards along with them.

Just like what they usually did, they went for a stroll wearing a casual clothes just like the other villager. She princess didn't event try to cover her face as the villagers there barely know her face. Seungwan brought a log a bag just like what she always did. But the difference was.... it's no longer fruits and kimbap that she brought.

"Seungwan-a... Don't you want to buy fruits?" The princess said.

Seungwan looked into her eyes and became teary. 

"Why are you teary again, you don't want to buy fruits?" The princess held her hands tightly.

"Y... Yes i want fruits." She answered.

"Then buy some for me. I want some fresh and sweet ones. I will wait here while having my lunch. What do you want?" Princess Joohyun said as she sat down in a small food store in the village.

"I...I want jajangmeyon. With a lot of radish." She answered.

"Okay. I will buy it for you. Jajangmyeon, with a lot of radish. And tasty kimchi." The princess said still had not letting go of Seungwan's hands.

Seungwan nodded, "I will go now.."

She saw the princess nodded her head. Without waiting for long, she turned around and walked towards some fruit stall and buy some fruits and put it inside her bag.

She walked slowly away from the village, she turned around making sure none was following her. 

Her anxious feeling risen as she walked further away from the village and started to go inside the forest.

She felt someone was watching her but she saw none when she stopped and turned around. She was about to start walking again and felt someone grabbing her hand.

Seungwan was stunned and she couldn't find her voice to scream.

"Seungwan-ssi." The person said.

She knew that voice. She turned around without hesitation and hugged that person without waiting anymore.

"Yoongi-ssi." She said.

The both hugged each other for a while. Tightly.

"Is it really a start for us?" She asked.

"Yes..." He answered. "Do you trust me?"

"I do.." She answered.

Yoongi then held her hand and took a few of her belongings and they started to run away far away from the village.

It's a though start, it really was. Seungwan was very anxious, she kept looking back just in case someone following her. She didn't know if it's a good choice to run away with Yoongi, but her heart said yes.

They keep running and running. 

Having a long dress, Seungwan tripped on her own hanbok when they reached the middle of the forest.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

Sungwan flinched. She felt her feet was hurt. She pull her hanbok up a little bit. Yoongi turned her head away, respecting her.

"My feet hurts. It's bleeding a little, and i think i sprained my ankle." Seungwan said.

Hearing that Yoongi turned her head back facing Seungwan. His eyes immediately went to her right leg, where her knee was bleeding a little. He immediately squat down and checked on her leg.

He touched her ankle and she flinched, "Is it very hurt?"

Seungwan nodded.

Yoongi then turned around and showed his back on her.

"What?" She said.

"Come, i will carry you. We will find a river nearby to clean your wound and maybe rest a little. We have running for a long time."

Seungwan was hesitant. He never been carried by anyone since she was like 5 years old.

"Come on... You said you trust me." Yoongi said without turning around.

"I do.." She answered.

And with her left feet as the power she jumped a little to Yoongi's back.

"Are you okay? I'm heavy." She said as Yoongi stood up and starts to walk.

"I have carry something heavier than you, you are not heavy." Yoongi answered.

They walked following the sound of river, it must be here somewhere.

"When did you arrived?" She asked.

"Yesterday. I followed your horse carriage." He answered.

"Where did you sleep last night then?" Seungwan asked, her tone raised a little showing her worry tone.

"Just somewhere. It's fine, i'm used to it."

Seungwan's hands which hugged on Yoongi's shoulder becomes tighter.

"Thank you.... I'm sorry i caused you difficulties. If only you didn't meet me-"

"What are you saying. We are in this together. I want you and you want me. Thats enough. Don't say unnecessary things." He said cutting Seungwan's unfinished words.

"Thank you..." Seungwan said once again. Now her left palm Yoongi's cheek. "Thank you. I'm happy..."

Yoongi smirked and didn't say anything, but surely his heart also feel a little happiness.

They walked in silence, slowly, with sometimes a small giggle. Something that Seungwan actually rarely hear from Yoongi.

"Yoongi-ssi, you should smile more often. I like hearing your giggles." Seungwan said.

"I think i will have more reason to smile from now on." He said. "And how about we drop formalities? Can i call you Seungwan?"

"Of course..." She answered shyly as she hide her face on the crook of Yoongi's neck.

"What are you shy?" Yoongi teased.

"I'm noooot" She answered, still hiding her face.

Yoongi laughed, like actually laugh.

"Eh you laugh?" Seungwan said as she raised her face.

Yoongi didnt answer, but smile still planted on his face.

"Then... How about i call you orabeoni?" Seungwan said.

Yoongi who was laughing now completely quiet.

"Why are you shy? Why are you not answering? Huh? Huhhhh?" Seungwan and she poked his cheek with her finger.

"Are you blushing?" Seungwan laughed.

"Hey- stop it don't poke my cheek anymo-"

 

"Stop right there!" Some deep voice cut their conversation and someone big just appeared in front of them.

Both of Seungwan and Yoongi was startled and they took a step back.

"Who are you?" Yoongi said calmly.

"I am Seungwan-nim's guard. And i am here to pick her up. It's getting late. We need to go back to the North palace immediately." The man said.

"No!" Seungwan said. "I will not go back with you. I will be staying with him, and you have no power to say otherwise!"

"Unfortunately Seungwan-nim. Your father has chosen me to protect you and keeping you save in the North. You made a really big mistake by not listening to your father, because miss... It's going to be so much worse if he knows you tried to run away." He said.

"I was caught of guard when you went to buy fruit, but here we are now." He said. "Guards, take Seungwan-nim with you."

Both Yoongi and Seungwan turned around and they found there are 2 more guards behind them. They easily picked Seungwan up from Yoongi's back.

"Yoongi-ssi!" Seungwan screamed. "Ya! Put me down!" She said as she slapped one of the guards' back.

Without waiting Yoongi kicked and punched the man in front of him, the one who gave command. The man was caught of guard and he fell down. Yoongi punched him a few more times and caused him to be unconcious. He turned around and saw both guards was about to take Seungwan to the horse they were riding. But Yoongi was fast enough to grabbed their hem of shirt and pull them down. Seungwan fell as the guard's hand slipped.

Yoongi kicked and punched both guards in one go. Yoongi was fast, and they couldn't even laying him a single punch. He was about to take his weapon from his pocket, but his hand was caught by the man who was unconscious earlier.

"Your punches were weak, you think you can take me down by just that?" The man said as he pulled Yoongi's hand behind him.

"Argggh!" He screamed.

"Yoongi-ssi!!!" Seungwan shouted. She tried to get up but her right feet was hurt so she fell down again. She was about to crawl to him but the 2 guards infront of her suddenly stood up and laying punches on Yoongi. They kicked and punched Yoongi at the same time.

"Noooo! Stopppp!!!" Seungwan shouted. 

She could see that Yoongi's porcelain white skin was now full of blood. 

"Please stop!!!!!" She said.

The guards stop the punches and turned around looking at Seungwan.

"Please... Stop...."

She saw Yoongi shook his head even though blood was running through his nose.

"Please don't hurt him. I will go with you. Please..... don't hurt him." She plead.

"Alright. Let's go." The guard in command said as they let go of Yoongi.

Seungwan saw Yooongi fell to the ground. There were so much blood on his face.

"Please, let me clean his wound. Please.... I can't runaway, i hurt my ankle. Please..."

The guard nodded as his answer.

Seungwan tried to stood up and walked slowly towards Yoongi. She sat down right infront of him who was laying on the ground.

She carefully put his head on her lap and with her clean hanbok, she wipe the blood from his face.

"I'm sorry... Yoongi-ssi... I'm so sorry... If only.. If only you don't meet me. If only i didn't agree to runaway. If only i was not from rich family.... You wont get hurt like this-"

Yoongi couldn't say anything to stop Seungwan's blabbering of sorry. He grabbed her neck and push it down so that their lips met.

The kiss... It felt sad. And tasted like blood. Some of blood from Yoongi's mouth corner stamped on Seungwan's. And so does Seungwan's tears flowing on Yoongi's cheeks.

"I love you..." He said. "Don't be sorry...."

"I love you too..." She answered.

"Please don't wait for me... I don't know if i able to go out from the palace again. Please.... Be happy." She said.

"I will find a way... Trust me..." He said weakly.

"I will meet you in one of these nights... But i don't know when..." She said.

"Take care....." He said.

Seungwan cried harder and she give Yoongi's lips one more peck before the guard took her up and carried her towards the horse and went away. Leaving Yoongi there alone in the middle of the forest, laying on the ground.

He didn't do anything, he didn't have the power to. He just looked at the sky above, it's getting darker and the stars already showing up.

"I will meet you again. I promise. Even in the next live, i will keep looking for you. Let me become someone who is worth of you. Let me be the king so i can be with you. Let the stars become our witness." Yoongi said as he looked at the stars.