Goryeo (3)

WENDY x SUGA • Written In The Stars

Seungwan was just done getting ready for an afternoon walk to the river like she usually did. She was very excited to meet Yoongi today. She worked fast in taking care of things to welcome the Princess back, so that she had more time to meet Yoongi.

She opened her room's door only to find her father was outside her room.

"Father.." She greeted her father. "Is there anything you want to say to me?" She asked politely.

"Where are you going?" Her father said with a cold tone.

"I will go for an afternoon walk like usual." She answered.

"Where?" Her father replied.

"To the village, i've been doing this these days."

"So you've been meeting him these days? Just like what you did last night?" Her father raised his tone.

Seungwan stunned at what her father said, "Wh-"

"You are a noble lady. You shouldn't meet with someone as low as a slave's son. Can't you see by his clothes? You are not disgusted by him?"

"Father, what do you-" Seungwan couldn't even finish her word, but her father cut it already. 

"You are grounded. Stay in your room until the princess back." Her father said as two guards closed Seungwan's room door.

"Father!" Seungwan shouted as she tried to open the door but it didn't even flinch.

She then run towards the window, yeah there's no way she can get out from the window, the holes were too small for her. She sat down on her bed and sighed. What did just happen? What she did so wrong?

 

_

 

Seungwan waited and waited, her mother then came inside and she brought her lunch. 

"Mother, what happened? Why is father locked me in? What did i do wrong?" She run towards her mother once she stepped in to the room.

Her mother put down the tray of plate and water to the table near her. "Seungwan, he saw what you did last night."

"I was just going for a walk with a friend." She answered.

"But that friend of yours is not suitable for you. You are a noble lady, you have to understand that." Her mother said calmly.

"I am not a princess, i am just an ordinary girl mother. I can make friends with anyone. I can make friends with all the staff in the palace, then why not him?" 

"We are a noble family, Seungwan. We are seen highly by the people, you are okay to be friend with anyone, but there is no way we will let you be together, fall in love even, with a slave. Your father told me, even his clothes are so dirty. He has scar in his face, and you are not scared? You should be scared with people like him. What if he hurt you?"

"Yoongi wont ever hurt me mother. He is the kindest man i have ever meet." Seungwan said calmly, tried to make her mother understand.

"No Seungwan. Even if he is kind to you, he is not suitable for you." Her mother answered. "You will be grounded until the princess come. And after that you will follow her to the North Kingdom to prepare for the wedding."

"What? Until the princess comeback and then i will follow her straight away? But mother-"

"There is no but. You know none in the family can oppose his word right, Seungwan. For your own good. Please listen to us. We know the best."

"But mother-"

"I have to go back to the main building, the Queen needs me. Eat your lunch. I will be back on your dinner time to bring you dinner."

"Mother!" Seungwan was hopeless as even her own mother said that. 

She once again tried to unlock the door but well..... it's locked.

 

_

 

Seungwan just sat near her window looking at the moon and the stars that shone bright above.  She was questioning everything that happened that day. Why was it so wrong? Why was it so hard? She just had a feeling for a guy. It's like the first time she ever felt this way. But turned out it's just so wrong in the eyes of the people around her. Why a class was so important to them? Why couldn't feeling speak first?

The small pain in her heart hurt so much and it make her teary. She waited and waited for Yoongi to come and would see her from the garden where he sent her home last night. The view of the garden was right in front of Seungwan's room window, so she could clearly see it. She hoped and prayed to the moon and the stars that she could meet Yoongi and explain why she couldn't come this afternoon, but Yoongi also yet to come. 

The night came fast and Seungwan fell asleep by the window

 

_

 

Day by day passed by so quickly. How many days has it been for Seungwan to be grounded? She still couldn't get out of her room. Her mother sent her breakfast and lunch and also dinner again. She wished the princess could go home soon so that she could get out of her room. It should be the next day. If she just waited for another 24 hours then the princess would rescue her from her own room.

Night time come again and Seungwan just sat by the window, waiting for Yoongi to come....again. But he was yet to come. Just when she was about to close the window, she heard something fell from the tree near the window.

"Whose there?" Seungwan said as she opened the window wide again.

"Seungwan-ssi" The voice answered.

She knew the voice!

"Yoongi-ssi?" Seungwan widened her eyes.

Yoongi then  showed up from  behind the tree. He saw that Seungwan was about to screamed but he give her a sign to shut it a little by putting his finger on his lips.

Seungwan who was about to scream happily closed with both hands.

"You are here..." She said lightly, almost like a whisper.

He nodded and came closer to the window. "I'm sorry to come here very late. The guard didn't let me in." He said.

"My Father block the guard too?" Seungwan said.

"So it's because of your father? He found out about us?" Yoongi asked.

Seungwan just nodded as her answer.

"You can't get out from your room? Is it because of me?"

Seungwan lowered her gaze and sighed weakly. "No it's not because of you, its because of me.. My father is just too strict."

Yoongi lifted Seungwan chin so that she could face him and look him in the eyes. "I'm sorry. I am not perfect. I'm sure your father wants the best for you. I am sorry that i am....like this. He is sure scared if he see my face."

"No no no.. Please don't say that. You are the only person that make me this happy these days. Please dont give up on me." She said.

"I will not." He answered.

Seungwan smiled, "Thank you..."

Both of them just stared into each other eyes while smiling. His left hand held her right hand from the window, until Seungwan decided to say something.

"Tomorrow the princess will come home, so i can be free soon and wont be locked here. Maybe tomorrow i will be busy accompanying the princess, i am not sure when i will be completely free but if i get some free time and if possible, i can get out from the palace for a while to meet you."

He nodded. "I can jump from the forest behind the palace to this tree again just like tonight."

"That's dangerous Yoongi-ssi. Are you hurt though? I have not asked you this." She said as she tried to check on Yoongi's face by holding both of his cheeks.

"I'm fine..." He answered as he hold Seungwan's hands that's on his cheeks. "This is just a simple jump. I can jump here and there when i'm hunting."

"Please take care of yourself Yoongi-ssi. I'm worried." She said.

He nodded. "Alright, the night is late, you should sleep soon and prepare to welcome the Princess tomorrow. Tomorrow i will be back, maybe a little earlier than today. I know the path already now, i will be faster tomorrow."

Seungwan nodded as she heard some voices from her door. "Hey the guards are coming! Be careful!" She whispered to Yoongi.

"Good bye!" Yoongi said as he kissed on her hands before he let it go.

He then climbed the tree and stayed there for a bit until the guards passed by the room and jumped to the wall behind it.

 

_

 

The night was so quick and its morning already for Seungwan. The princess came in no time with the Prince Junmyeon from the North Kingdom. They just back here to talk about the wedding stuffs that need to be done. They will be back to the North Kingdom for the wedding after everything's done. 

She was introduced to the Prince and some of his guards and right handman as well. They were preparing over everything that need to be taken for the wedding.

After days of working on it all, the preparation was all done. She then remembered the most important thing, she had to follow the Princess to the North.

Seungwan was brushing the Princess' hair and help her to get ready for the dinner time, when she unconsciously sighed.

"Seungwan, is there anything wrong?" Princess Joohyun asked.

As if snapping back to reality Seungwan was startled a bit, "Huh?"

Princess Joohyun turned around to face her, "What happened? Is there anything wrong? You seems lost in your thought."

Seungwan smiled and said, "No, there is nothing wrong."

"Oh come on, we grow up together, i know when something is going wrong with you. Tell me. Please.. If i can help, i will."

Seungwan sighed and sat on the seat beside the princess, "Uhmm..."

She took a deep breath, "I... I fell in love."

The Princess gasped at her bestfriend's statement, "Oh my! Finally? You did? That's great Seungwan-a!" She smiled brightly, "But why you sound so sad?"

"The thing is.... He is a hunter. He is the son of Mrs. Kim, the cook in the kitchen. And my Father found out about us. He didn't like it. He didn't like me to be together with him. He didn't like him."

Princess Joohyun was stunned, she couldnt say anything to comfort Seungwan.

"And... I have to follow you to the North soon too. I think my chance to be able to be with him is getting smaller." Seungwan said as she lowered her gaze to her own lap.

Silence filled the room, and Princess Joohyun can sense the sadness in Seungwan's tone of speaking.

"Can he join you there? Can he join us to the North? So he can be with you?"

"My Father would not like it. I am afraid that he will hurt Mrs. Kim." She answered.

The Princess sighed. "I will think of a way for you. You are my best friend, and this is the first time i hear you fall in love. I want the best for you. If i can find happiness, you should too."

"Thank you Gongju-nim." Seungwan said with teary eyes as the Princess hugged her.

 

_

 

Seungwan was deep in thought when somebody knocked on her window.

"Hey!" Yoongi said when she opened the window.

"Yoongi-ssi!" Seungwan said smiling. But the smile didn't reach her eyes.

"How are you today?" He asked.

"I'm okay. How are you today? The guard still have not let you in?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah... But today's good, because i able to meet you here. I am recharging now by seeing you. It's enough.." He said smiling.

She smiled back at him, but again, the smile didn't reach her eyes. "You seems down, Seungwan-ssi. What happened?" Yoongi asked.

Seungwan lowered her gaze and didn't dare to look into Yoongi eyes. "Yoongi-ssi...."

"Hmm?" He answered.

"There is something that i have not tell you yet." She said as she played with her own fingers on her lap.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I have to follow the Princess to the North for the wedding and stayed there with her." She said slowly.

Yoongi didn't respond her back as he was also shocked to her such a news. Well, it's actually an expected one as the Princess would move there, so does her righthand woman.

"What should i do?" She said sadly. "I don't want to be apart from you."

Yoongi Seungwan's right cheek with his left hand through the window. "Do you really want to be with me?"

She nodded.

"I'm poor. I work as a hunter. I couldn't provide you the luxury you have here." He said.

"As long as i have you and we have place to stay and something to eat, i think i don't mind that." She finally dare to lift her face and faced him.

Yoongi saw the sincere in her eyes. He couldn't say anything anymore as he tried to think about every possibility if he said the words in his head.

"Do you want to run away with me?"

There, he said it.