Goryeo (1)

WENDY x SUGA • Written In The Stars

Sohn Seungwan was the daughter of a noble family Sohn. Her father as the right handman of the King. Being the only daughter of the noble family, Seungwan often spend time with the only princess the palace had, Princess Joohyun. Both of them grew up together and even Seungwan often accompany Princess Joohyun to study. In this period of time only the royalty could get education while ordinary people couldn't. She was often called as the right handwoman of the princess.

At the age of 18, Princess Joohyun was about to get married with the Prince Junmyeon from the North Kingdom. She had to go to the North and spend time with the Royalty there before she get married. Seungwan was supposed to go to accompany the princess but Princess Joohyun requested to go alone, she wanted to be independent and know the North Prince better.

"Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you, Gongju-nim?" Seungwan asked the princess.

"No Wan-a. I told you already that I want to spend time with the prince just the two of us. You stay here and enjoy your free time." Princess Joohyun answered as she brushed her hair.

"But I am worried. What if you need something, what if you need to make decision and I won't be there with you to discuss?" Seungwan answered back worriedly.

"Its only for 2 weeks! It's no big deal!" Princess said as she stood up from her seat and hug the woman in front of her.  "I need to know him more, if you're there none will accompany you I will feel bad."

Seungwan couldn't oppose the Princess request and decided to stay in Sohn headquater in the palace. 

She was never been apart from the princess for so long before this, usually 2 to 3 days because of family matter. But it's been days since the princess was away to the North. She decided to went out to the village like what she used to do with the Princess. But this time, she didn't have to be in disguise since the princess was not with her. 

"How much is this apple ma'am?" Seungwan asked as she tapped on the bunch of apple on the basket.

"Oh my.. Miss long time no see! You are getting prettier. Where is your other friend?" The seller woman said.

"Thank you so much ma'am. My friend is... visiting her family out of town." Seungwan answered.

"Aigoo, both of you are so beautiful. You must be busy you just visit me now." The seller woman smile widely. "Oh this apple is about 3 coins, you can take 4 pieces."

"Really? Why is it so cheap now, the last time was 3 coins for 3 pieces." Seungwan said.

"The farm is fruitful these days. Our land is blessed so much!" The seller said happily.

"I'm so glad to hear that!" Seungwan smiled. "Then i will take these apples. Ah this one too!" she said as she pointed at other fruits there. 

The seller gave her the fruit wrapped in a piece of clothe and she paid the seller with some coins. She put the fruits in her favorite basket  that she always brought whenever she went out with the princess. But today she filled it with some kimbap too because she will go somewhere special today.

Seungwan then went the river near the mountain. She's been hearing the beauty of the river scenery since long ago, but the princess was afraid to go further from the palace, so they just went around the villages only. Since now she was alone, she decided to walk an extra mile there.

She sat down on a big rock in the edge of the river and put down her basket of fruit beside her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath while listening to the sound of the water flowing peacefully in the river. She opened her eyes and let out her breath. She looked around and the view there was indeed breathtaking, just like what the rumor said. She wished to bring the princess with her there right now, she know the princess would like it.

She took one apple from the basket and wiped it on her clothes, took a bite while smiling and looking around the river. She then took a piece of small rock beside her and threw it to the river and it bounced 3 times.

"Oh my!"  Seungwan was excitedly shocked with what she did.

She widened her eyes, put down her half eaten apple on the basket, and got up from her seat. She took a few small rocks and walked closer to the edge. She tried to threw it on the river but none of it bounce back. She sighed as she couldn't believe what she did earlier. She went back and took a few more rocks and threw it again onto the river.

"Why dont you bounce back like before?" Seungwan was annoyed by herself.

She took a few more rocks and was about to threw it to the river again before someone catch her hand that was holding the rocks.

"What are you doing Agassi?" Said a masculine voice from behind her.

Seungwan turned her head and was shocked when he saw the person behind her.

Seungwan turned her head and was shocked when he saw the person behind her

 

"Ah!" Her eyes widened by shock, took a step back and unconsciously threw the rocks to the man in front of her. The man flinched and closed one of his eyes that was hurt by the rocks.

"Oh my.. I'm so sorry!" Seungwan realized what she did.

"A... Are you okay?" She took one step forward, feeling guilty and try to check on the man's face.

"I'm okay." He said as he brushed of his left eyes and left cheek that was dirtied by the rocks.

"I'm so sorry. So sorry!" Seungwan bowed a few times towards the man as she was afraid to see his face too.

"You should apologize to the fish not me." The man said.

"Huh?" Seungwan who was still bowing tilted her head towards him as she felt confused on the man's statement.

"What do you mean?" She said as she straighten her posture.

"You keep throwing rocks there, you will hurt the fish." The man said under his bamboo hat.

Seungwan turned to look at the river and checked if there's any fish there. "Will the fish be near the edge of the river?"

"The small fish are, they need to grow up in order for us to catch them...." the man answered and let a sigh, "Just don't throw anymore rocks there."

"You must be new here, you don't even know the basic knowledge about the river." He said again.

Seungwan blinked several times before she answered, "Ye... Yes. This is my first time here. I hear about the rumor of the beauty of the scenery here so i came here myself."

"Just sit there and do nothing." The man pointed at the big rock with Seungwan's basket on it and was about to leave her.

"Wait!" Seungwan said.

The man stopped his step and turned around.

Seungwan took a step forward approaching the man. "Your cheek is bleeding a little." She took a handkerchief from her hanbok's pocket.

She was about to wipe the blood on his cheek but her hand was held by the man. "Let it be, its just a small scratch."

"No i want to take responsibility!" Seungwan said strongly. "You are hurt because of me and i will feel bad if i don't do anything about it." She said as she wiped the blood that getting visible to her eyes.

"Can't you see i have a way bigger scar on my right eye? This little scratch on my left cheek is nothing compare to this."

Seungwan blinked and couldn't help to focus on the scar on his right eye. The scar that shocked her earlier. She had a lot of question in her head but she still didn't dare to say anything.

"If you're done I have to go now." He said.

"Where are you going?" Seungwan asked.

"Hunting." He simply said as he walked away.

Seungwan just watched the man walked away and watch his back moving further away before she snapped back into the reality and run towards him.

"Wait!" Seungwan reached the man's hand and held it so he turned around and face her.

"What else?" The man coldly said.

"Ha... Have you eat? I have fruits on my basket. It's nearly noon i am sure you are hungry by now." Seungwan said.

The man looked up to the sky, it's indeed gonna be a midday soon and he had not even start hunting and get his breakfast. He looked back to the girl in front of her whose looking at him with her wide eyes. He was yet to decide what he wanted.

"Oh come on!" Seungwan was not waiting for the man's answer and dragged the scary looking man along with her towards the big rock.

Seungwan let go of the man's hand when they reached the big rock. SHe went straight to her basket and took the box of kimbap that she bought earlier. 

"Take some. I made it myself." She said while smiling.

The man was looking at her coldly and unsure if he wanted it.

"Come on! Just take it as my apologize for throwing you rocks earlier." She said.

The man was hesitant but decided to take one slice of kimbap that was given to him.

Seungwan still looking at him while smiling, waiting for what will the man say about her kimbap. "How is it?"

The man nodded, "It's nice."

Seungwan's smile widened and push the box towards the man. "Take it."

The man held the box while taking another slice. Seungwan then took her apple earlier and sat beside the man while he ate the kimbap.

"You don't eat it?" The man asked as he munching on kimbap in his mouth.

"I'm eating my apple." She answered with a smile.

The man nodded as a response and look anywhere but her.

"So you often going here? For hunting?" She asked.

"Yeah." The man answered. 

"There?" Seungwan as she pointed at the forest across the river.

The man nodded.

"What animal do you usually hunt for? Bear? or something smaller like rabbit?" She asked again out of curiousity.

"All, anything i can get." He answered as he ate another slice.

"Including bear?"

"Yes." He answered.

"Is that how you get the scar?" She unconsciously saying it out loud, the question that's been in her head since earlier.

The man looked at her coldly which make her realized she went to far on that and slap her own mouth. "I'm sorry. Just pretend i didn't ask that."

The man smirked. "No it's not because of animal."

Seungwan was about to say "Then what." But she held it as she closed her eyes trying not to ask.

"It's from fighting with swords. Hunter thing. Or slaves things you may say."

"Huh?" she said.

"Rich girl like you wont understand. Low people like us fight alot to be able to live. Just to eat, to sleep." He said.

Seungwan just looking at him with a sad feeling.

"Thank you for the food."  The man said after Seungwan seems lost in her thought. "I have to continue hunting for my dinner."

The man hop off the big rock and was about to walk away.

"Wait a second!" Seungwan shouted.

"What again? Its your third times holding me back." The man answered.

"Whats your name?" She asked.

The man sighed. His eyes were not focus on her. "My name is...."

Seungwan waited as the man took forever to say his name.

"Yoon Gi." He said. "Min Yoongi."

Seungwan smiled after she knows his name. "My name is Seungwan!" She said out loud while smilling.

The man finally smile for the first time that day, "Alright Seungwan-ssi. Be careful on your way back." He then turned around and walk away.

"See you!" Seungwan said as she waved her hand.

 

_

 

A/n

Helloooo Reveluvs! It's been a long time right!
I'm finally back in the fandom and ready to write new story.
Hope you all like it!

Just like my other stories, i mostly focus on the main couple only.

And by the way, Min Yoongi is so handsome lol.

Thank you for reading.