Cake?

Catching Feelings

“Huh?” Taeyeon raises her eyebrow as she hears the unfamiliar name.

 

“Who?” Replies Taeyeon again then tries to take her phone from Tiffany.

 

“Wait! This person liked your picture!! Who is she!?” Tiffany didn’t let go the phone and she took a better look by opening the account.

 

“Who is she!?” it was the third time Tiffany asked Taeyeon who was the girl who liked her picture.

 

“Let me see first so I can answer your question!”

 

Tiffany still didn’t let go the phone. “She’s so pretty, Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany murmured as she scrolled down the profile.

 

Taeyeon took another sip of her hot chocolate. She thought it’s probably someone from their university. It was not her first picture that gets likes from someone she doesn’t knows.

 

“Look!, do you know her?”

 

 

Taeyeon squints her eyes to caught a girl with a brown sweater and long hair. She then took her phone from Tiffany and gave her full attention to the picture.

 

“I feel like I know her.” Taeyeon then gave her phone back to Tiffany.

 

“Who?”

 

“I don’t know, I just feel like I know her.”

 

“Yah! She unliked your picture! Did she just accidentally ‘like’ your photo?”

 

“Maybe? I don’t know. Since when do we care about someone liking our picture?”

 

“I don’t know. Well you tell me! Since the girl that liked your picture is so pretty!?”

 

Taeyeon kept shut. She tried hard to remember the girl’s face.

 

“I think she was one of our customers from last week. Ah yes, I remember, her name is Joohyun I think?”

 

Tiffany’s eyes rounded and her jaw’s dropped.

 

“Yah! How can you remember your customer’s name!? even her order’s date!?”

 

“How can’t I? she was so pretty, and not to mention also kind enough to offer some help.”

 

“Yaaaah! Kim Taeyeon!!.”

 

Tiffany hits lightly Taeyeon’s back making the latter cough a bit.

 

“What?”

 

“Taeyeon-ah. Let’s be honest, it’s not your first time customer stalk you, right? I mean I wouldn’t blame them because you are indeed very attractive but I-“

 

Before Tiffany finish her sentence Taeyeon chuckled in fake nonchalance, averting her eyes and her blushing face.

 

“It’s not the right time for you to blush Kim Taeyeon.” Just by that, it stops Taeyeon’s little laugh.

 

“Alright, alright. So what do you want me to do? You don’t want me to quit my job, do you? I need the money.”

 

“You’ve been working there for almost four months, and you already got your laptop, the one that you wanted.”

 

“I still need extra-money, you know the institution’s money can only afford my rent and my meals. I still need to get that tablet. It seems like a table will help me a lot. Also, I don’t want to spend my savings on a digital product.”

 

“I told you and I explicitly asked you if you want to get one for your birthday gift! I should’ve trusted my instinct!”

 

“I would be really mad if you get me one Fany-ah. You’ve done a lot. You spoiled me, you know that right?”

 

“Can you just please let me to get the tablet for you, I promise it’s the last one.”

 

“You promised last time when you bought me a pair of shoes, yet you still got me an airpod. You’re just too stubborn.”

 

“I gave up. Then can you at least cover your pretty, intimidating, honey eyes before you knock your customer’s door? Because they are attracting a new bee!”

 

“Are you jealous?” Taeyeon grabs her phone from Tiffany then put it away into her bag.

 

“I am!” Tiffany pouted as she folded her hands in front of her chest.

 

“But we’re ex-girlfriends? Since like.. six months ago?” without Tiffany realizing, there was a little sting in Taeyeon’s heart herself when she said those things.

 

“You don’t love me anymore?” Tiffany pouted again, she then reached both of Taeyeon’s hands.

 

“Let’s not get into that, again.” Taeyeon shrugged, she grabs one of her books and starting to continue her study followed by Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon keeps reading and reading but she just can’t keep her focus on her reading which is about ‘pyramidal tract’.

 

It took months of futile effort to forget the girl who is now across the table to make her face the painful truth: she simply can’t do it. She can’t get over her no matter what she does. Meeting others on blind dates only brought discomfort, saying yes to people who asked her out only made her realize how none of them could measure up to the girl she wanted to push out of her head.

 

Tiffany was her three-years long girlfriend before everything was ended. She was a caring, loving, kind girlfriend for Taeyeon. They started dating on their first year at medical school. They had through everything pretty much together. It wasn’t until she realized that Tiffany had changed. They had changed.

 

“I still care about you, you know.” Tiffany murmured without turning her gaze to Taeyeon.

 

There was another sting in Taeyeon’s heart. She also recalls how difficult it was to stop herself from crying while saying goodbye because as much as it hurts, she still loved Tiffany.

 

But she needs to survive, she has to. She felt a lot better these days, she doesn’t even stalk Tiffany’s account as much as she used to. Taeyeon didn’t even send her messages telling how she misses her like she used to.

 

Taeyeon keeps believing and praying, she’s hoping somehow someday the pain and the longing will fade away, and she’s willing to wait no matter how long it takes.

 

They spent the cold and quiet night studying and preparing for their next exam and decided to went to a friend’s apartment for them to study together. It took about three hours for them to finish their session then Tiffany insisted to give her a ride back to the dorm.

 

2 AM and Taeyeon entered her dark room. She took a hot shower and get ready for bed, still thinking about what happened tonight. It was her first meeting with Tiffany after one month they haven’t seen each other due to their busy schedule and different classes.

 

Taeyeon was mad. She was angry how Tiffany can easily say things such as she still cares, or being jealous when in fact they knew that Tiffany who left her first.

 

Taeyeon took the picture that was hanging in her wall, it was a picture of her and Tiffany wearing their first ever white-practicum coat, they were linking arms and smiling to the camera, even though it wasn’t a doctor’s coat, they were so proud of themselves that they made it. To the most prestigious university in the country and after their dream to become a doctor.

 

Her anger was instantly replaced by overwhelming longing, and she cried herself to sleep that night.

 

_________________________________________

 

“You’re doomed, Joohyun-ah.” Said Wendy as she chews her sandwich while Irene puts her head on the table, staring blankly at the big glass transparent window at their cafeteria.

 

“Yah, you shouldn’t have unliked the picture. It made you more obvious!” Joy joined the conversation as she sat down at the chair across Irene and Wendy.

 

“Thanks Park Sooyoung, for not making me feel any better.” Irene sighed, back to her normal position and puts her head on her hands, facing her best friends.

“I was about to bookmark her picture!”


“Instead of saving it, you liked it. You liked the picture.” Joy smiled nonchalantly.

 

“I’m so stupid!” Now it’s Irene’s turn to hit her head lightly, indeed feeling stupid after all. She should’ve been more careful. She was admiring Taeyeon’s gorgeous picture with her dog and secretly hoping she could meet Taeyeon’s dog someday. Now her hope is crushed, Taeyeon must think that she is a creep for stalking her if she had notice it, Irene thought.

 

“Hey, you aren’t totally doomed. Let’s just hold on to your luck, maybe Taeyeon Unnie didn’t see the notification.” Wendy tried to calm her best friend.

 

Irene again puts her head on the table, covering her face feeling embarrassed to even face her best friends, “What If she did!? God, I feel like I want to do some crying but my tear ducts are too proud.”

 

“It’s still early to conclude. Finish your sandwich first, we have a class in about 10 minutes.” Joy takes another sandwich from her tray and passed it to Irene.

 

“Oh, Joohyun-ah I forgot to tell you but you might wanna hear this. It’s about her.”

 

Irene’s eyes lit up as she stood up and ready to listen to some new facts about her crush.

 

“Rumor has it, that Taeyeon Unnie was dating a girl. So she might swings both way.”

 

Irene hits the table real hard, produced a loud sound and succeeded to make people around them who was enjoying their peaceful Monday morning turned to the source of sound.

 

Irene chuckled and immediately bowed her back slightly indicating that she felt sorry and guilty.

 

Wendy and Joy just laughed, sometimes they can easily forget how their best friend is very expressive but to her closest friends only. Otherwise Irene seems like a quite, cold person if she doesn’t know people around her.

 

“Who? Who was that lucky girl!?”

 

“Joohyun-ah, calm down. It’s just a rumor. And she was our senior too, actually, one of Taeyeon Unnie’s closest people too. Hold on, I think Taeyeon Unnie has their picture.”

 

Once Wendy finally found the picture and shows it to her best friends.

 

 

 

“Wow she’s stunning.” Said Joy as she saw the picture.

 

“She is. Her name is Tiffany Hwang. She’s also in medicine, the same class year with Taeyeon Unnie. Actually they are in the same group circle.”

 

“Hold on, Shon Seungwan. How’d you know these kind of information?” Irene raised her eyebrow.

 

“I have a lot of friends outside this major alright. Not like you two, locking yourself in your own room on the weekend instead of living our lives to the fullest, go to a bar or something.”

 

“Oh right. Sometimes I forget how talkative you are.” Replied Irene.

 

“Yah! I’m not! I have a lot friends too and I hang out on the weekend also! You’re only talking about Joohyun here. She irons clothes on the weekend.”

 

“Whatever.” Wendy shrugged while Irene still paying her full attention to the picture. Were they really dating? She thought.

 

“So, Joohyun-ah. Do we still stick to the plan and order the pizza?”

 

“I don’t know. What do you think? I’m so nervous if she’s the one who will delivers the pizza.”

 

“Isn’t that what you wanted?”

 

“Of course! But it was before I ACCIDENTALLY liked her picture!”

 

“Then we stick to the plan. I don’t care if Taeyeon Unnie did see the notification, you still have a chance to get to know her alright.”

 

“What if she asked me about the picture!?”

 

“Then you just have to admit it. Just tell her the truth.”

 

“Are you crazy!?”

 

“I’m not. Look, if she really into girls, you have a chance. Now let’s focus on what you should be wearing tonight.” Joy says, she takes her phone from her pocket and open her fashion album to get some inspirations for her best friend.

 

“Tonight? It’s not like I will have a date! We’re going to order a pizza, Sooyoung-ah!”

 

“Of course I know that, but you have to look presentable, something that says ‘I’m-just-a-regular-homebody-who-order-a-pizza-butiwantyoukimtaeyeon’ kind of thing.”

 

With that, Wendy laughed out loud. She can’t believe how weird her best friend is sometimes while Irene just stares blankly at Joy with her rounded eyes.

 

They talked a little bit more about what they’re going to do tonight beside ordering a pizza like they planned, they spent their Monday morning talking about their next class then went to their class.

 

____________________________________________________________

Irene drops her bag to the carpeted floor, takes off her denim jacket and climbs onto the bed, making herself comfortable. It’s tempting to just fall asleep after the exhausting weeks she’s had but she’s too anxious so she keeps her eyes on the ceiling, waiting for her best friends to show up.

 

She then reached her phone and turn on a random song with her Bluetooth-speaker.

 

“Lonely Night – Kwon Jin Ah” is up. She couldn’t help but to let out a sigh, she closes her eyes and lets her mind revisit the whirlwind of memories from the past year and a half.

 

Now all she has is the remaining broken pieces of her heart and she’s so scared to tell her best friends what she has been trying to hide even though she knows that her best friend would understand.

 

All her life she has always had that particular someone that she can takes care of, caring of and give all her heart to the person. She never had any problems finding a boyfriend. Boys always chase her, but she only had 2 ex-boyfriends until now.

 

Her recent break up was with a two-years long boyfriend. After all the things that she had done, she knew that in the end she just couldn’t take it. He was a good boyfriend until she knew that he was just a player, messing around with her heart.

 

All these months her best friend had been telling her about how jerk the guy was. She knew that she loved him. Deep down she wanted to make their relationship work because Taehyung was the first one that made her like she was precious thing, not just only a beautiful face. Had she been smarter, had she been braver, then maybe her heart would’ve been spared.

 

“Yoooo!” Wendy’s voice making her startled, followed by Joy who is now laying on her bed with her phone.

 

“Yah! Joohyun-ah? Were you spacing out?” Irene shakes her head and smiles. “No, I was just taking a nap.”

 

“Joohyun-ah, go get change. I’m ordering the pizza.” Said Joy as she looks the menu on her phone, ready to ring the number.

 

“Why so fast? You both just got here!”

 

“We’re hungry! Hurry!” only with that Irene walked out of the room to change her clothes while grumbling.

 

Moments later Irene walks in to her room with a beige one-piece pajama cherries-printed on it with three buttons on the top.

 

“Loose two buttons, Joohyun-ah. Show your asset a little bit.”

 

“YAH!” Irene shouted as she hits joy with her favorite pillow.

 

“What about one button?” Joy made her offer.

 

“NO! it’s ridiculous enough for me to follow your guide on how to dress tonight!”

 

“You want Taeyeon Unnnie to notice right? Loose one button.” Wendy said out of nowhere.

 

“Not you too, Wendy!”

 

“Joohyun-ah, I called and I asked, they said they have two delivery guys but can’t tell us which is which who takes our order. So prepare for your disappointment!”

 

Irene chuckled, it doesn’t matter if It’s not Taeyeon who delivers the pizza after all. She’s not ready anyway to meet her again, even though that particular person that who has been occupying her head these days.

 

Irene decided to takes her phone and play her favorite game while her best friends watching a k-drama. Irene isn’t really a big fan of k-drama. She used to watch it but ended up binge-watching which interrupted her sleep cycle and turning out affected her performance on her studies. Irene never repeats a mistake, she only watch K-Drama or movies on the weekend, she is a well-prepared and consistent student after all.

 

Twenty minutes later her doorbell rings. Making the tree girls turned their head together.

 

Irene immediately can feel her anxiety attacks her again. She was sure she felt okay If Taeyeon isn’t the one who is standing in front of her door, but now she is secretly hoping that it was her.

 

“Joohyun-ah! Go ge it! We’ll be right behind you.”

 

Irene quickly fixes up her hair and put a thin lip-tint.

 

On her way out, without her best friends knowing, she loosened her two top buttons, revealing her pale bare collarbone.

 

She can feel her heart beats faster as she gets closer to the door, she takes another breath before she opens the door.

 

“Good evening, Joohyun-ssi.”

 

Her heart was about to explode to hear such a familiar voice.

 

“Good evening.” Irene gives Taeyeon her best smile.

 

Taeyeon replied with a smile also that Irene swears she could get a heart attack anytime soon,

 

“Here is your pizza. Only one box tonight?” Taeyeon asks as she gives the box to Irene.

 

“Yeah, my friends are in their normal-state tonight.” With that Taeyeon laughed while accepting her payments from Irene.

 

“OH! Who is this!? Do we have a guest?” Wendy and Joy stomped out of Irene’s room then walk to the door.

 

“Oh, Annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon-Unnie.” Wendy said as she bent her back a little bit to show her senior some respect, followed by Irene and Joy.

 

“You guys know me?” Taeyeon replied with a smile.

 

“I was the one who know you Unnie, until Joy told me how Irene thought how pretty you were the other night when you came here.” Oh Wendy, as always, always jump straight to the point. This was something unplanned to say..

 

Irene then shoots a shocked-gaze at Wendy and she can feel her cheeks are flushing.

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the compliment, “Well, thank you Irene-ssi, I can say the same thing for you.” Replies Taeyeon making Irene blush and grin.

 

“T-thank you, Unnie.”

 

“Unnie you should come on in!” Joy said as she opens the door wider,

 

“Thank you but I’ll have to pass, I don’t want to bother your girls night.”

 

“No Unnie! We were just watching k-drama, you can come in, right Joohyun?”

 

Irene nodded and smiles.

 

“Please do come on in Unnie, I’ll make a hot chocolate for you.” Continues Irene.

 

“Ah okay then, I guess I can stay a little while because this is my last order.”

 

The three girls are excited deep down inside, feeling satisfied with their planned-settings.

 

“Joohyun-ah you’re the host, you should accompany our guest, I’ll make us hot chocolate.” Before Irene can reply Wendy already left the living room, “Unnie, please excuse me I have to finish some papers, I’ll be back.” Joy gives her smile, “Ah no problem! Good luck.”

 

Joy left the two girls now as they sat down awkwardly across each other,

 

“So we met again, Joohyun-ssi? Irene-ssi?”

 

“You can call me both ways Unnie, Irene is my stage name.”

 

“I’ll just call you Irene then.” Irene smiles grew wider.

 

“So are you guys are studying at SNU too?” Irene nodded, “Yes, we are taking law major, Unnie.”

 

“I see.. no wonder I felt like I had seen you guys before.”
 

“It might be Wendy, Unnie. Because I don’t know a lot of people in our university, I’m a homebody girl.” Irene lets out an awkward laugh followed by Taeyeon’s chuckle.

 

“Maybe. But it could be you, because someone liked my picture yesterday and she has thousands of followers, so I might say that she’s famous already without her realizing it?” Irene swallows her own saliva as she turned her gaze averting Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

Taeyeon chuckles and waited to the other girl’s response.

 

“I am so sorry, Unnie! It was an accident! I can promise you I’m not a creep or stalker.”

 

With that Taeyeon laughs, she pats Irene’s hands lightly as if she’s telling her it was okay.

 

“It is fine, Irene-ssi, I was just joking.”

 

Irene swears she can feel the tingling sensation when their skin touch.

 

“So.. our buildings are just two blocks away yet I don’t see students from another faculty that often.”

“But I do see students from faculty of medicine from time to time Unnie, even though it’s not as often as I see Technical Engineering student next to our building.”

 

“Ah really? Well in that case maybe It’s just me who keeps hanging out in the library whenever I have free time I guess.” The two girls chuckle, feeling a lot more at ease around each other.

 

“You look much happier, without those glistening eyes the last time I see you.” Taeyeon again gives her sincere smile, she is indeed feeling relieved and somehow happy inside that she’s not seeing Irene’s brown sad eyes anymore.

 

“Ah, yes Unnie. I was.. I don’t know.. I was just a little bit sad the last time, but I’m okay now.”

 

“It’s good to hear that. Really good to hear that. So how was school?”

 

Irene is so grateful that Taeyeon is the one who always ask first, she felt like Taeyeon wanted to make her comfortable.

 

“School is great, Unnie! How’s yours?”

 

“Hm, I had this neuroanatomy exam this morning, I think I’m okay even though I was struggling a little bit today.”

 

“Nah, I’m sure you’ll do just great Unnie, I heard some good stuff about you.”

 

“Don’t believe or hear the good stuff, ha ha.”

 

“Well it wasn’t just a good stuff, but a real stuff since I saw your picture with a medal and a trophy and the first place winner in Medical Olympiad.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiles, “Unlike you Unnie, I used to fail in some of my classes the first semester.” Taeyeon nods again and listens carefully,

 

“I once thought to give up on law school because even though I am fond of what I’m doing, I just think sometimes that It’s impossible for me to finish and make everything balanced and stable.”

 

“But then again, I was reminded of my dream to become a corporate lawyer, so I tried my best to survive, even up until now, I do try hard to understand things better, yet I never really feel satisfied of the results. Once the grade is up, I’d still feel terrible if it doesn’t reach my targeted score. Sometimes It feels like everything that I do is never enough.” Irene shuts immediately, realizing that she was giving Taeyeon too much information.

 

“I-I’m sorry Unnie, I was rambling.” Irene whispers. Taeyeon smiles as she lets out a little chuckle, noticing Irene’s anxiety.

 

“It is totally fine. In fact I am glad that you can tell me these things.” Taeyeon pause for a moment, “At the end of the day, the fact that you still have the courage to be standing still is reason enough to celebrate, Irene-ssi.” Taeyeon says softly as she places a hand on Irene’s hand patting it lightly.

 

“There’s this line from a book says, you don't have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going. Babies don't walk the first time they try, but eventually they get it right. And you already get it right.” Taeyeon continues patting her hand then pulls away.

 

The gesture makes Irene smile, feeling genuinely happy. This long process of her getting into law school has been keeping her up and making her restless for the past months suddenly feels lighter than ever, thanks to Taeyeon.

 

“Thank you, Unnie.” Irene couldn’t help but smile gratefully and Taeyeon replied with her smile.

 

“Where are you from, Irene-ssi?”

 

“I’m from Daegu Unnie, how about you?”

 

“Jeonju. But I’ve lived here for over 5 years now while my family is in Jeonju.”

 

“Ah, I see. Well I’m the only daughter, Umma and Appa live in Seoul too. But I’ve been living alone for a year now.” Taeyeon make sure to take a mental note on that one, she thought it is kind of dangerous that a girl lives alone.

 

“Well I live in university dorm. I received a full-scholarship until I finish medical school. I guess I was lucky enough to get one.” Irene nods as she learns another personality from her, Taeyeon is such a humble person.

 

“Why did you choose law school, Irene-ssi?” Irene was quite surprised to hear that Taeyeon was again asking a question, this is really beyond her expectations.

 

“Am I being too noisy?”

 

“No! no Unnie! It’s just, I just didn’t think I’d feel very comfortable right now talking to you.”

 

Taeyeon lets out a chuckle, “Me too.” Once again it warms Irene’s cold heart.

 

“Appa is a corporate lawyer and umma is a criminal lawyer Unnie. I guess my interest of becoming a lawyer was passed from them. My big family also contributes a lot in law field. It’s like a gene.” Taeyeon again takes a mental note of her junior background,

 

“That’s so cool.” A look of awe crept on Taeyeon’s face.

“How about you Unnie? Why do you want to become a doctor?”

 

“Me? Hmm. It’s kind of complicated. I went to medical school because I wanted to ask big questions, do we have a soul? does God exist? what happens after death?” Taeyeon pauses for a moment, “but one year later, I knew I wouldn’t get the answer here. I was purposeless then. But then something happened, and I’m loving it now. It becomes more than just “wanting to help people.” Becoming a doctor means learning everything there is to know about the human body.”

 

“The human body itself is an incredible thing to study and medical students and doctors have the opportunity to further examine it with the most innovative technology. From the pumping of the heart to drugs that take away pain to machines that allow you look inside a person, modern medicine remains one of the most fascinating subjects in the world for me. I just, I enjoy it a lot, Irene-ssi. Even though I am struggling too from time to time just like any other students, like you.”

 

Irene smiles grew wider, never had she thought she’d meet someone who is really mature and wise like the girl across her.

 

“I’m so glad that it’s only our second meeting yet we’re already talking about our own fears, our interests.” Says Taeyeon, making both the girls chuckle.

 

Here comes hot chocolates Unnie!” Wendy shouts as she put down three glasses of hot chocolate, making Irene curse in her head.

 

“Thank you, Wendy-ssi.”

 

“Have you eaten Unnie?” Asks Irene, “Yes I have.” Taeyeon nods while taking a sip of her chocolate.

 

“Do you want me to get something Unnie? Joohyun baked a banana cake today!”

 

“Ah really? You baked a cake?” Asks Taeyeon, Irene smiles and nods.

 

“Do you want to try some Unnie? It’s actually her first time baking a cake!” Wendy stood up, “and it’s reaaally good.” Wendy continues.

 

“Ah so it’s your first time.. Can I try it Irene-ssi?”

 

“Of course, unnie! but why am I so nervous now? Sorry if I don’t meet your expectation.” Taeyeon chuckles at that. “I’m sure it’d be good.”

 

Wendy feels satisfied as she pays attention to these two like shy and close puppies after only their second meeting.

 

“Wait here, Unnie.” Wendy then goes back to the kitchen, leaving Irene who is now looking down averting Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“Here you go!” it took Wendy only ten seconds, she gives Taeyeon a slice of Irene’s cake.

 

Taeyeon takes a bite with her spoon, “Wa! Jinjja maa!” Taeyeon’s eyes lit up, couldn’t believe her that it was Irene’s first cake.

 

Irene can feel her cheeks are blushing, For a minute, she was too flustered to even speak.

 

“It’s really good Irene-ssi!”

 

“Right, Unnie?” Wendy took another bite from her plate.

 

“Ne. For a moment I couldn’t believe it is your first cake.” Taeyeon replies, making them laugh.

 

“I can bake you another cake next time Unnie.”

 

Oh, damn. Irene cursed herself in her head. “Why did I say that!? She must think I’m weird at this point. We’re still strangers after all!”

 

Wendy lets out a cough, peeking at her best friend and furrows her eye brows as if she’s telling her “wrong move, stupid oohyun.” Or “too fast, stupid Joohyun.”

 

“Really? That’d be great! I love cake, I have sweet-tooth.” Replies Taeyeon, sensing the tense between Wendy and Irene.

 

Taeyeon smiles, making the two girls feeling relieved.

 

“By the way, it’s late. I think should get going and let you two rest.” Taeyeon then fix her shirt and hair and grabs her delivery cap.

 

Irene takes a look at the wall-mounted clock, “Ah, okay. Please take care on your way home Unnie.” This time Irene is grateful that she’s just too embarrassed to continue their conversation after her wrong move a minute ago.

 

“I guess we’ll see you another time Unnie.” Both Irene and Wendy walk Taeyeon to the door,

 

“Please send my regards to J-joy?”

 

“Yes, of course Unnie.” they both watches their senior gets into her car until the shadow fades away from their sight.

 

“YAH! WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME!?” Irene shouts as she squats down and cover her face with her hands, just how she thought things went smoothly.

 

“Calm, take a deep breath Joohyun-ah. She response nicely you know!?” Wendy brings her best friend stand up again, while Irene lets out a sigh.

 

They walk to Irene’s room and find their best friend still watching K-Drama.

 

“How was it!?” Now it’s Joy’s turn to face her best friends, “Joohyun-ah! You loosened your buttons! Ha ha!”

 

“Shut up!” Irene’s face was flushing again, “Park Sooyoung!” Wendy shouts as she hits her best friend lightly.

 

“Mian-mian. What happened? You look flustered.”

 

“She basically implicitly told Taeyeon Unnie that they’d meet again for a cake.” Joy’s jaw dropped for a second, followerd by her laugh.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with that! I mean, someone gotta make a first move.” Says Joy as she reach Irene’s back.

 

“I thought so!” Wendy joins the party.

 

Aniya! She must think I’m weird at this point!”

 

“Joohyun-ah, you’re exaggerating okay. You’ll be fine.” Wendy again reassuring her best friend.

 

An hour later they spend the rest of the night watching K-drama including Irene even though her mind is far away from the storyline, she keeps thinking about what happened earlier, their talk, their conversation, Taeyeon’s smile, how soft Taeyeon’s hand touch her skin.

 

“Ding”

 

The screen on their phone lights up, displaying a notification from none other than her senior.

 

“Kim Taeyeon (taeyeon_ss) started following you”

 

“Yah! She followed me in Instagram!” Irene shouts as her smile begins to spread on her beautiful face,

 

“Joohyun-ah, sorry to disappoint you she followed us too.” Wendy says, she shows her phone to Irene.

 

The furrows between her eyes deepened as her brows drew down further, showing her disappointment.

 

“Yah! Bae Joohyun! It’s not like you at all. Its’ fine! Remember you are that one girl that every guy is chasing!” it doesn’t make Irene feel any better.

 

Irene decided to throw her phone onto her bed. Regretting how she was secretly hoping that Taeyeon has even the slightest interest in her.

 

Irene stands up then leave her room to get a water while her best friends are still watching the tv,

 

“Ding.” Now another notification sound comes only from Irene’s phone.

 

Joy always follow her curiosity, she reaches Irene’s phone to find a notification from her senior sent Irene a direct message.

 

“YAH! Taeyeon Unnie sent you a dm!!!” Joy shouts to Irene who is now entering the room while drinker her water, making Irene cough her water out.

 

“She probably sent you guys too.” Irene is trying hard to hide her excitement, afraid of being turned down again.

 

“No! Aniya! She didn’t!” It’s Wendy’s turn to check her phone. Joy reaches her phone and there was none.

 

“Only you! Open it!!” Joy shouts again as she gives the phone to Irene.

 

Irene swears her heart is beating faster than ever,

 

 

Irene blinked, shocked to see the message that she received. She then covers .

 

“WAAAAH!” Wendy and Joy jumps happily feeling so happy while Irene just stands there, still can not believe her eyes.

 

“What should I do now!?” Irene replies, her hands are trembling. It feels like she has a crush for the first time, again.