Pizza?

Catching Feelings

"Ugh come on ...!" The girl grumbled again and changed her position on the comfortable bed, while the two girls who were her best friends were busy tidying up some papers and tools they needed for their summer opening project.

 

"Excuse me, Princess Joohyun?" said one of the girls with short, light hair.

 

"What?" she replied as she turned her gaze back to the small bright screen.

 

"Since an hour ago, Sooyoung and I were the only ones struggling with these papers, while the princess is busy playing Pokoppang." said the girl again.

 

"So, what? I promised you guys Pepperoni Pizza, Pizza Margherita, Pizza Marinara, Maltese Pizza, New York Deep Dish Pizza, isn’t that enough? "

 

"Well, technically, it’s enough, but– .."

 

There’s no but. That was the deal.” cut the girl with long and black hair.

 

Sooyoung can’t help but chuckle at that.

 

“Yes, Wendy, it's okay it’s not much, after all, nothing compared to my delicious pizzas."

 

"You and your big- stomach." Wendy muttered as she took a small breath, making the other two girls chuckle.

 

"What about Taehyung, Joohyun-ah?" Sooyoung said, still busy with her papers, Joohyun just snorted in annoyance as she got up from her bed, replaced her jeans with a short pants and changed her top with a white knot front shirt, her favorite gift.

 

"I don't know. He's kind of busy. " She said briefly then returned to her bed

 

"Busy my ."

 

"Park sooyoung!" Joohyun remarked as she sat down again.

 

"Sorry."

“I understand Sooyoung's point. Joohyun-ah, it's not healthy anymore, can't you see that your boyfriend often ignores you? " Joohyun raised an eyebrow, she really didn't like where this conversation was going.

"Let's not start again." Said the black haired girl as she put down her cellphone.

“We should. He's been ignoring you a lot lately. " Sooyoung sighed and followed her, hugging Joohyun from behind.

"He's not ignoring me, he's just busy with his competition." Wendy and Sooyoung took heavy breaths, again their loving best friend continued to defend the guy who was clearly not worth the time.

“Right. How many times has he called you today? " Wendy asked shortly.

Joohyun just looked away at the window, not wanting her best friend to force her to answer.

"Yah! Bae Joohyun! How many messages did he send today?" Sooyoung continued.

 

"Or how many times has he replied to your message or call?" Wendy didn't stop there.

 

"Okay. Enough, alright? " Joohyun now sighed heavily. As if she understood the reality that was being swept across her face.

 

"Just, talk things out with him."

 

"I don't know, Syoung-ah." Joohyun said softly, her voice a little hoarse.

 

"I know how you feel. Just, think about it again, okay? " With that Joohyun nodded slowly while smiling, grateful for the presence of two friends in her life.

 

"You deserve so much better, Joohyun-ah"

 

"I know Wendy, maybe I still care about him."

 

“Maybe, but hey! Hyunwoo asked you out a few times, right? "

 

"A few times after school."

 

“There you go! Just give it a shot! "

 

"Yeah! I mean, you know. Hyunwoo! Your old crush! "

 

"I don’t know. Maybe next time, there's still Taehyung, remember? ” the girl again took a small breath.

"Let's get rid of Taehyung and get your phone, and then say  ‘Yes’ to Hyunwoo, and ‘Let's hang out!’ easy, right? " said Sooyoung followed by Wendy's little laugh.

 

“Just — give me some time, okay? I'll think about it don't worry. I don't want to be miserable and stuck single for my whole life anyway. "

"That's a spirit!" said the two friends then smiled as they continued their work.

"Oh, and by the way, what are you two going to do during the summer?" asked Joohyun as she continued her game.

"I will try to apply at Daddy's place, maybe?" Wendy replied briefly.

“I'm going on a vacation with my family and then join an internship program at my uncle's company, maybe? How about you Joohyun-ah? "

“You guys have no fun. Let's go to Hawaii! " said the cheerful girl and then looked at her two best friends who only responded by opening their mouths and slightly wide eyes.

“Easy for you to say! You don't have to do an internship at the company where your dad works with under a lot of pressure because your dad owns one of the best law firm in the country! " Wendy said while throwing a sharp gaze at the girl.

“Oh come on! I've offered you to intern at Appa's place, you two refused!"

"You know we didn’t mean to, after all, what comes to the mind of those who refuse the offer of experience in the greatest law firm in this country? It's just about time. We both want to experience the "real experience" first, okay? " Wendy just nodded, agreeing with Sooyoung's words.

“Besides, who wants to refuse to get a verified certification and internship content from B&K Partners? it will adds a million points to my application, you know? " Joohyun chuckled at that.

“I'll tell Appa. Appa is eager to have three daughters work with him, "It'll be so much fun!" he said." making her two friends chuckle,

"Tell him we're sorry, okay?"

"Don't worry, Appa is an undestanding man."

"That he is."

"How about Pizzas tonight !?" the two friends turned their heads, shaking their heads quickly as if they did not agree with the statement just now.

"Yeah! I'm full! We just ate three bowls of Jjangmyeon! "

"It's you and Wendy, I haven't even eaten my dinner yet!"

"Joohyun-ah, tomorrow? please? I want to enjoy that pizza in peace! "

“Alright, alright. I'll just warm up my lasagna that my MOM cooked "said Joohyun while pressing the word  ‘Mom’, she knew that whatever her beloved mother cook, no one would refuse it, making Sooyoung bites her finger.

"You definitely don’t want it, you guys are full, right?" the two friends swear that they could see the black haired girl's sly smile.

"Uh-uh y-yeah, we're full."

"I'm not! Sooyoung is! " Wendy said.

"Okay, I'll bring you some, how about you Syoung-ah?"

"I-im f-full."

"Suit yourself." said Joohyun as she got up from her bed towards the door.

“Dammit! Wait! It looks like there's still room in my stomach, I'm sure that's enough to hold that bowl of lasagna! ” Sooyoung said, making her two friends laugh.

They spent that evening doing the rest of the work that should have been finished a week ago and telling each other stories of their lives that had been missed over the past few weeks. Being in the same campus and department which is Law Major make them even more attached to each other, but because the last few weeks have been full of their busy semester end schedules. The three of them can not be separated since their feet were still in elementary school, even until their third year at one of the best universities in Korea, Seoul National University.


The girl threw her small body on the long brown sofa, looked at the clock on her wrist that pointed to ten p.m then took off her red hat and took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, hoping that her fatigue will be decreased.

"Long day, huh?" she opened her eyes slowly to find her best friend sat down in the same position as hers. She nodded and chuckled.

"Yeah." the answer is short. She was indeed very tired.

“Yours too, huh? " she continued while Yeri just nodded slowly and the girl chuckled again.

"You should take some rest, Yeri."

"I'm fine, don't worry."

“You are not feeling very well today. How can you say you're okay and don’t forget the fact that this morning you almost fainted?"

"I'm making a living, okay?"

"I understand. But you gotta put your health first! That's how you'll survive! "

"Alright, Kim-Soon to be A Doctor- Taeyeon." Yeri said sarcastically to her friend.

"Hey! I'm being serious right now! " said the other girl, frowning.

“I'm serious too! I'll take a day off, okay? "

“Alright. I'll tell Umma later. " Yeri smiled at that, feeling lucky to have a friend who really cared about her, Taeyeon was always the one who was there for her all the time.

"I'm gonna get going now." Yeri said as she got up and returned to wearing her red hat.

“Where are you going !? You said you wanted to take a rest! " Taeyeon followed her.

“Duh!? I have today’s night shift, remember? "

"I'll take over!"

"No way!"

“Yes way! now, you sit! don't go anywhere! " Taeyeon grabbed yeri’s shoulder and pushed it a little forcefully, making Yeri sat back with a chuckle, while the girl quickly took her hat back and headed towards the door, ready to take another order.


"I saw Taehyung flirting around with Jinyoung this afternoon." she said while chewing the pasta, not daring to look into the eyes of her friend.

"I know." Joohyun replied briefly. "I saw it too."

She couldn't lie even though on the outside she looked fine, deep down in her heart she felt a little sore on her heart. Joohyun doesn’t even know since when they stopped being 'them',

Maybe it all started in their second year. Taehyung really changed since he became the most perfect guy on campus, or even when Taehyung became bored with her, or even when Taehyung became the leader of the Lacrosse team that girls on their campus crave, or when she stopped seeing Taehyung everyday like what they did in the first year, but it wasn't even her will, her schedule forced her to do it,  he should have understood her position, or when she stopped sending Taehyung lots of little gifts? Joohyun never knew, it just happened.

"Don't worry, you'll get over it. Trust me. " Wendy said while looking gently into Joohyun's eyes, the girl could only smile while stirring her hot chocolate.

"Where's Sooyoung, anyway?" Wendy shared her eyes on this campus cafeteria, which was pretty quiet, no wonder, it is Saturday. Being a law school student force them to wake up early and look for materials or sources to finish their cases even in saturday morning.

“Oh, she texted me this morning. She can’t make it today, she’s going to meet old friends, she said." Answer Joohyun then started chewing her favorite sandwich.

"So, she's going straight to your house?" Joohyun nodded slowly.

"How does it feels like? Living alone without Umma and Appa watching you?" replied Wendy while her eyes still searching for certain clauses through each sentence.

“It feels great. No one scolds me in the morning if my day starts at 10 am, or no one scolds me when I forget to take off my socks when I fall asleep accidentally, or when I'm too lazy to shower. " Joohyun said making Wendy chuckle again.

 

“Or when I missed my dinner, my breakfast, my lunch. You know I'm not a big fan of 'three meals a day'. Or when I'm too lazy to exercise 4 times a week, isn't two times a week enough? " Wendy laughs again at her best friend's words, it's been quite a while since her best friend is not her real self, she often looks gloomy, not excited. Wendy thought it's because of her relationship problems with long-term boyfriend Taehyung.

"At least you should exercise 3 times a week." Wendy continued while chewing her food again.

“Ppfft! I'm still in a good shape and hot anyway, "said Joohyun rolling her eyes before continuing her breakfast.

"That you are."

"But it still ."

"What ?"

“Not having your parents around. It sometimes. "

"Well, yeah? you asked for it. "

"I know. I mean. There’s no Appa who is ready to pick me up anytime and anywhere.”

"You have a driver."

“You know I don't like him! He’s a creep! " Wendy chuckled again.

"Or when Umma looks after me whenever I feel bad, sick, have a fever?"

Wendy nodded as if she understood, “But really, I don't regret my decision to have my own place. After all I'll still part with them in the end, right? ”

"Right. I also think about finding a place for myself after I'm done with all of this. "

“You should! It's fun! after all, you will still be close to your parents. Umma always sends me her legendary dishes whenever I ask for them, and Appa always watches over me and takes care of me from a distance even though it's not as strict as before. " the two of them continued to finish their cases and continued chatting before finally went to Joohyun's house followed by Sooyoung and finish their final summer vacation project.


"Jerk!" said Sooyoung her fingers busy fiddling with the cellphone, reading through the message.

"It's okay, Joohyun-ah .." Wendy said softly, occasionally rubbing Joohyunn's back slowly, hoping to calm her best friend even a little. While the girl only sobbed softly, for some reasons she couldn't cry out loud, maybe because she was used to being treated like this, more precisely her ex-lover who had just threw a break up message for their two years long relationship.

"I'm gonna beat that jerk's , punch him right on his face, kick his ball, you hear me?" Sooyoung said, also rubbing the girl's back, while the girl only leaned her head on Wendy's shoulder while chuckling between her tears.

"Loud and clear, please do that." Joohyun wiped all the remaining tears then chuckled, lately she has been thinking about her relationship with Taehyung, maybe she thought she wouldn’t have to bear the pain even though it wasn't as painful as she imagined when the guy asked her to end their relationship,

Wendy and Sooyoung chuckled too, both of them feeling lucky because Joohyun is such a positive and cheerful person.

"Maybe you should start to reply Hyunwoo's message, Joohyun-ah!" said Sooyoung, who is now busy with her papers again.

"You are right. Such great opportunities don't come too often.” Wendy then walked to the carpet and intend to finish her report.

“Maybe I should, as friends. I have no intention of getting into a relationship right now. maybe I'll just take a break? "

"You? Are you sure?"

Joohyun nodded her head. "I'm not sure, Joohyun-ah."

"Wow?"

“I mean, you must realize how many guys are lining up in line to even have lunch with you? Well maybe yesterday, you still had Taehyung and you knew the limits. But now? You're free. And you will see a lot of cute and hot guys, right? "

“No! You'll see! I'm going to focus on my studies and make Appa and Umma proud, okay? " Joohyun remarked as Wendy and Sooyoung laughed, a little relieved and satisfied.

“Why are you guys laughing !? I'm telling you the truth! " now the look on Joohyun’s face looks annoyed thanks to her best friends.

“Mian-mian. It is funny."

"Up to you! I will prove it!"

“Alright-alright. sorry. I believe you. "

"How about Pizzas now !?" Joohyun replied happily, turning to her two friends, once again feeling grateful for both.

"Call!"


Joohyun glanced at the clock hanging on the wall of her room, the pointer was already pointing at 10 pm. She gave a small snort, how could the pizza she ordered was 15 minutes late? It never happened before not even once, this pizza restaurant was her favorite. It was really unusual for this to happen.

"Aish!"

Sooyoung and Wendy looked away from the tv screen that was broadcasting their favorite Korean drama.

"What’s up?"

“It's past Ten! They are late! Our pizza! "

The two friends chuckled, “Don't worry. Maybe there's a problem with the car or whatever. Anyway, it will arrives shortly. "

'Ding Dong.'

"Speak of the devil." Sooyoung said then chuckled.

"I'll take it, wait here, I'll scold them!"

"Yeah! Joohyun-ah! be nice!" Said Sooyoung to her best friend who was now shuffling out of the room.

Joohyun walked a little fast, through the living room to the front door with a face still looking annoyed, she then opened the front door a little rough. She could see that someone dressed in red and a red hat like a pizza delivery man, “wait, is it a girl?” she thought when she saw that long brown hair

If things were like this, could she still scolds her? she immediately threw away her thoughts, even though they were late in bringing the order on time!

“Yeah !! How can– .. ”

Gasp!

(Oh My .., holy mo —– lly she's so freaking pretty.)

 

Joohyun could only swallow her saliva, blinking occasionally.

 

"Good evening." The pizza delivery girl started to speak, giving her warmest smile.

 

"E-evening." ( Wait, Joohyun-ah! What’s wrong with me? Why am I stuttering?)

 

"We would like to apologize that we were late delivering this pizza, in return we will give a free coupon for any type of pizza extra topping and cheese anytime, anywhere." Once again that smile might make Joohyun pass out anytime, anywhere.

 

“A-ah okay. Thanks."

 

"Here are your orders, Pepperoni Pizza, Pizza Margherita, Pizza Marinara, Maltese Pizza, New York Deep Dish Pizza." Said the figure while handing out a large red bag with the pizza restaurant logo itself in front of it.

 

"It’s 56.98$." she continued.

 

Joohyun immediately realized from her reverie, "Ah yes-yes!"

 

"Wait here, I'll take my wallet." Joohyun said then hurriedly ran into her house, not realizing that the brown-haired girl was chuckling.

 

"Yah! Yah!" Joohyun shouted, running fast to her mirror, tidying her hair and clothes even though she didn't know what to tidy up, her two best friends turned to find Joohyun who was busy combing her hair quickly and wearing a thin lipstick on her lips, both seemed to give a look of  'what the hell is going on?'

 

"Do I look good !?" said Joohyun then turned to face her two best friends.

 

“Well of course you do! you're still pretty if you aren't wearing any make up even. "

 

"I know, right !?" said Joohyun then chuckled.

 

"Yah! Confident much? ”

 

“I have to! Oh right! I will take my wallet! ” Joohyun immediately grabbed the wallet on her bed and immediately ran out of the room leaving her two friends staring at each other in surprise.

 

Seconds later, Joohyun did not find the girl in front of the door, she then walked out a little and found the girl was squatting beside her car, watching the underside of her car, Joohyun immediately approached her.

 

"Sorry if it's taking long." Said Joohyun made the girl now stand facing her. For some reasons, it was difficult for Joohyun to directly see the girl’s dark brown eyes, which were very harmonious with her face.

 

"Here. Keep the change."

 

"No, no, no. No need, thank you. " Said the girl back while giving Joohyun her change and smiled.

 

"It's okay .. T-taeyeon?" Joohyun noticed the name on the uniform.

 

(Somehow that name fits her well.) Joohyun thought.

 

"Yes. It's Taeyeon. And no thank you, again. I'm not used to taking tips. This is enough. It’s bad enough that I delivered the pizza 15 minutes late." The girl with long brown hair replied as she took off her hat, giving her smile once again.

 

Joohyun felt the cold wind run through her body when her eyes caught the smile.

 

"Ah. Okay then .. "

 

Taeyeon nodded and still smiled. "Good night then, Joohyun-ssi."

 

Joohyun could have sworn that if she noticed that her own cheeks were gradually turning redder, somehow hearing her name from that voice made her feel a little embarrassed.

 

“T-thanks. W-what's with the car? " Asked Joohyun hoping her efforts succeeded in changing the conversation.

 

"Ah. This? It is okay. I thought that since it's been used all day so there's a little problem with the engine, I'll let it cool off, maybe 10 minutes. ”

 

Joohyun just nodded slowly feeling this awkward atmosphere.

 

"Do you mind if I wait here, Joohyun-ssi?"

 

“A-ah no no no! It's fine. Do you want to wait inside? "

 

(Crap! What's wrong with you Joohyun!? You just invited a stranger into your house!? Did she think I was weird? I’m so stupid!.)

 

Joohyub looked a little panicked with her jagged face,

 

“It's okay. I'll just wait here. " The girl chuckled.

 

(She’s cute… wait..what !?) Joohyun thought.

"It’s really cold out here, the wind is so strong. I won't let you freeze here.” Said Joohyun did not realize her hand was now pulling the girl slowly. Joohyun is indeed a very stubborn and humble person, she is used to help and doing good deeds to people around her or even strangers. Once again Joohyundid not notice the brown haired girl smiling.

“You can wait here if you feel uncomfortable. Or you can also wait in the living room." Joohyun invited the girl to sit on a long wooden chair in the hallway, afraid that the girl would feel uneasy if she took her further into her house.

“No, no, this is more than enough Joohyun-ssi. Thank you. " Said the girl then invited herself to sit down. Taking off her thick red jacket reveals her white shirt.

"Uh .. okay then. I'll put this inside first. ” Said Joohyun then brought her pizzas and shuffled leaving the girl without time to answer,

"Cute." said Taeyeon with a smile.

For a few minutes Taeyeon watched the entire room and walls, chuckled once again when she realized that Purple was dominating every corner. Even from this hallway she could catch a glimpse of the living room which had several shades of purple as well. Seconds later, her eyes again caught the figure walking with the glasses in her hands by lowering her head. She smiled once again.

"Here, I hope this will warm you up a little." Joohyun handed her a glass of hot chocolate and Taeyeon accepted it. “Thanks again. You don't have to, actually. "

"I insist." Joohyun gave her best eye smile.

Taeyeon didn't blink for a few seconds, “A-uh .. okay then. I just don't want to trouble my customers. "

"It's not a hassle at all, I just need to mix the cocoa powder into hot water, easy right?" Joohyun said then smiled back, making the other girls chuckle.

“Ah, sorry. I'm talking weird stuff again, huh? " Now it's Joohyun's turn to feel embarrassed, how can she be awkward in front of this girl? she's not the type to be awkward if she meets new people, she's the kind of person who is very cheerful, so her best friends said.

“You don't say anything strange. That is a fact. " Taeyeon replied softly. Finally Joohyun can sigh a little relieved.

 

"You must have a rather super appetite." Taeyeon said out of nowhere.

 

"Huh?"

 

“I mean, you ordered five pizzas at.. almost midnight. Which most girls like you don't order. And I don't see any festive summer parties. " Taeyeon explained.

 

(crap! Bad impression Joohyun-ah!) Joohyun thought.

 

"Ah! no, no! it’s not like that but it’s true that .. I will actually eat anything anytime if I’m hungry, and actually there are two of my best friends in my room right now and I promised them their favorite pizza. They're kind of… hyper about Pizza.” Joohyun explained, hoping the girl would change her opinion about her.

 

“Ah… that makes sense. Then your friend must have super-extremely rare appetite. "

 

“Yup! They are! ” Joohyun chuckled followed by the brown haired girl.

 

"So ... uh ..."

 

“It's fine Joohyun-ssi. You can catch up with your friends, this is enough. Thank you. "

 

"No, no, no. They're gonna be fine. I-I will accompany you. " Once again Taeyeon chuckled, after a few seconds of their silence, Taeyeon intended to reduce the awkward atmosphere between them.

 

"Uhm, sorry for being presumptuous. But, what's wrong? " asked Taeyeon.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I've been giving a little attention, Joohyun-ssi, you look like a cheerful person, but everyone must be aware that a drop of tears is ready to slide behind those eyes."

 

Joohyun smiled, took a small breath.

 

“Have I exceeded the limit? I'm sorry. You don't need to answer. " Taeyeon continued, feeling a little sorry and regret to ask such things to a complete stranger.

 

"No, no. Not at all. I just got dumped. He's secretly dating with someone I dont even know what's her name and I broke up with him. "

 

"Ah, is that so..? I'm so sorry… “ Taeyeon felt even more guilty about her own question, timidly offending the girl's feelings.

 

(Cute ..) Joohyun thought.

 

“Its okay. He’s not worth it anyway. " Joohyun continued then showed off her smile once again.

 

“Why would he do that? I mean, you're pretty, kind, caring ?" Taeyeon said in a serious tone, not realizing that Joohyun's cheeks were getting flushed, thanks to Taeyeon's indirect praise.

 

“I thought it was only a matter of time. Time changes things between us. " Joohyun smiled and she could not deny that behind her own smile there was a little sadness that was carried away.

 

"Times sure can change a lot." Taeyeon smiled bitterly and then chuckled, followed by a nod of Joohyun and her chuckle.

 

"Yeah. but I 've forgiven him anyway. "

 

“Wow. That's such a huge deal then. I mean, after being hurt so many times most of us would certainly do things to pay back or revenge. " Said Taeyeon chuckled again.

 

“Vengeance won't change anything. It's better like this. " Joohyun showed a warm smile.

 

"Although forgiving is a bit difficult, considering what people have done to you." Joohyun continued.

 

“I know it's not my place to say. but that's true. Forgiveness is not easy. It's like pulling a knife that stabs you deep enough behind your back and not using it to hurt others no matter how painful the wounds they give you. ” Taeyeon said then smiled. Again, her words were able to make Joohyun somehow feel her heart calmer.

 

“Well, it's getting late. I should get going and I dont want to trouble more than I already did. Thank you, Joohyun-ssi. " Taeyeon said as she got up from her chair, gave her warm smile once again.

 

"A-ah right. Okay. N-no problem. " There was a little disappointment behind Joohyun's honey eyes,

 

(Why so fast !? Tsk!)

 

“Good night again, Joohyun-ssi. Enjoy your pizzas. "

 

“T-thank you. Please be careful. " Joohyun replied following the girl out of the room.

 

"I will" now that figure immediately shuffled back into her car, leaving Joohyun who was standing in front of her door.

 

After making sure that the car’s shadow was invisible to her sight, she immediately rushed into the house, almost broke the door to her room and surprised her best friends who were still busy with Korean drama and pizza in their mouths and hands.

 

"Ah kamjjagya!" both said then turned their heads, to find Joohyun smiled happily.

 

"Yah!!!" Sooyoung replied after swallowing her pizza.

 

"I think I'm in love!" said Joohyun while watching herself in front of the mirror, a big smile on her face.

 

"Uh-uhu-k –uhuk!" the two friends rounded their eyes then took some water near them.

 

"Yah !!"

 

"What happened to ‘I'm going to focus my studies and make Daddy and Mommy proud’?" Said Sooyoung then threw her little pillow at the girl who was still busy in front of the glass.

 

Joohyun turned, chuckled.

 

“Pppfftt! I’d still make them proud. "

 

“Besides, who can resist that beautiful smile of hers! She's… stunningly beautiful. Inside and out! " Joohyun continued still imagining Taeyeon's smile for her a few minutes ago.

 

“Wait… what !? It's a 'she'!?…. ” Sooyoung replied as if she couldn't believe what she had heard herself with both of her ears, while Wendy raised her eyebrows, and Joohyun chuckled.

 

“Who wants Pizza tomorrow !? It's on me! I got 1 free coupon! " said Joohyun then threw herself on the bed, not realizing her own smile grew wild and wilder on her face.

 

The two friends exchanged glances, feeling confused on the other hand, feeling happy that Joohyun seemed to have been released from the pain she had been through so far, of course with that smile. After all, for Sooyoung, she wouldn't refuse a free pizza, right?