Chapter 4

She’s All That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The reward for winning the talent show isn’t much, really, it’s just going to the town. The whole cabin are allowed to spend time at the town for the whole day. And the kids were pretty excited about it when Eunji announced that they can go wherever they want as long as they return to their gather-place at 6 so they could return to camp. That’s how much Eunji and Chorong trust their campers.

 

“What are you going to do this Friday?” Eunji asked when they were on their way for dinner. A rare occasion of them walking together because most of the time Eunji would walk with Jieun and since the camp made it compulsory for the campers to eat with their cabin mates, they’d only meet at the cafeteria to eat. “Do you want to hangout with me?” 

 

“Huh?” Chorong thought she heard Eunji wrong. They never hangout when they have free times at the camp and Eunji has a great relationship with their campers, why would she invite her to hangout together?

 

Eunji, realising that her invitation must’ve sounded so weird to Chorong tries to explain. “I mean, since we’re the only almost adults? The kids probably thought it would be awkward to invite me to join them, so do you want to hangout? As fellow Apollo Cabin’s counselors?” Eunji tries her very best to give Chorong a not-so-awkward smile because right now her cheeks are burning because she just told Chorong two lies right there. First, their campers did invite her to join them, in fact they were begging for her to join them since they like her so much and Eunji was the one who rejected them. At this point she was pretty sure her whole nature is just about rejecting people when they ask her out. Secondly, no, Eunji didn’t invite Chorong to hangout as ‘fellow Apollo Cabin’s counselors’, in fact, she has had the biggest crush on Chorong since sophomore year. Which is the very year Eunji moved to their high school (talk about being loyal).

 

“Yeah, sure” is all Chorong manage to say before a group of kids from their cabin called for Eunji and Eunji gave her a smile before going to the kids. Talk about being the favorite cabin counselor, Eunji always has her way round to not really queue from the back. It’s insane how she’s also other cabin’s favorite counselor, Chorong thought. 

 

Chorong really doesn’t know what to expect from the outing because one, she doesn’t know Eunji enough to know what she enjoy to do during a hangout with a friend. Would she make her walk all the way to all the shops? Or would they just hangout at a cafe and spend the whole day talking without even walking around? What are they even going to talk about? They’ve never even talked to each other unless it’s something regarding the camp or their cabin. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter