First Wish

Message In A Bottle

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, and almost heaved out a sigh of relief thinking that what I saw was just a really ridiculous dream.

 

I mean, who in their ing right mind would believe that a genie is real? Right? I'd rather make myself believe that jolly old Santa Claus exists, and he's out there trying to fit in someone else's chimney because he can't use a ing door.

 

Right?

 

Genie can't be real...right?

 

My my, Roseanne, this is what you get for watching too much Disney.

 

Shaking my stupid thoughts off of my head, I propped my elbows against the flat surface that I'm laying on, and noticed how hard it felt.

 

Was my bed always this...rough...and cold...and hard-

 

I looked down at my feet and my eyes shot wide open when I realized I'm laying on a pavement.

 

"So, someone decided to finally wake up, huh? I was about to call the funeral."

 

I tipped my head towards the owner of the voice faster than the speed of light, and I stumbled back in an instant, scrambling on my feet to get as far as possible from this...creature.

 

"I- y-you!", I blurted out, index finger pointing aggressively at the girl I saw in my dream.

 

Wait- so it's not a dream?!

 

"Oh my god, you're real?!"

 

The girl nodded matter-of-factly, but not before rolling her eyes, "Last time I checked, I'm not some sort of apparition whatsoever. So, duh?"

 

She took bold steps towards me, and I held my arms in defense, leaping backwards in response.

 

"D-Don't come near me!"

 

She's...it's...she's...whatever this girl is! How on this ellipsoid planet did she pop out from a plastic bottle?!

 

I looked around and realized I'm still at the sidewalk of the Han river. Only a few cars were passing now, and I can absolutely see no other soul in the area except for me and this girl.

 

Damn, how long have I been knocked out? Should I just scream for help? Or run for my life? Or am I gonna die now? Sweet Jesus, I still have a training to attend tomorrow, I can't die in the hands of a pretty alien!

 

"Come on, I know how you feel. I get this every single time. I mean, it's not everyday that you'll stumble upon a pretty genie, right?", she shrugs her shoulders, lips curling in a flex-ing smile.

 

"Wha- H-How...I- Wh- I don't-"

 

"Are we playing 'fill-in the blanks'?", the girl deadpanned.

 

"Y-you...can't be...I- this-"

 

"Did you hit your head hard?"

 

"My brain is flying everywhere, shut up!"

 

The girl timidly purses her lips at that before jutting it out into a pout.

 

I immediately dropped my defense when I realized I snapped on her.

 

"I- I-I'm sorry", I mumbled, still keeping my distance, "It's just...h-how...are you...r-really...a genie??"

 

She crosses her arms over her chest still wearing that pout, and I swear to heavens, that was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

 

God, Roseanne, your brain really slingshot to outer space, huh.

 

"I told you, I am. Didn't you see me emerged from that bottle with your very own eyes?", she lazily pointed a finger at the plastic bottle which was now laying forgotten on the ground.

 

"B-But! I could be hallucinating! Maybe I was just seeing things! Y-You know, from all the stress and..."

 

Great, now I sound like I'm trying to convince myself that this beautiful woman standing infront of me in all her gloriousness is just a figment of my imagination.

 

Rosie, I know very well that you're dumb. I just didn't know that you can be THIS dumb.

 

"You know, normal people would be jumping up and down like total idiots by now when they realize they found a genie", the girl nonchalantly dusts her white dress, which looks pretty but so out of place by the way.

 

"Normal people would freak out to death when they see someone wriggling out of a goddamn plastic bottle! Can you imagine the horror?!"

 

"I- What horror?? You-", the girl shuts her eyes in visible frustration before pinching the bridge of her nose, "Look, I am too sleepy to deal with your skeptic . I was finally having a good dream after some centuries but you had to open my bottle and summon me and now I'll have to grant your wishes before I could go back to sleep."

 

The girl finished her sentence without taking a breath, and it amazes me how she managed to keep her resting face on all the while ranting.

 

"I-"

 

"So, just tell me all your wishes so we can get it over with and I can finally go back to sleep", she crosses her arms back over her chest.

 

I blinked at her dumbly. Am I supposed to play along with whatever sorcery she's on right now?

 

"Uh, w-wishes?"

 

"Of course? Duh. Don't you know what a wish is? I believe it's english", she answered in sarcasm.

 

"I- of course I know what a wish is! But, why would I tell you my wish??"

 

Way to go, Rosie. Play dumb some more.

 

"Because I'm a genie? You know, like those blue, ghost-like creatures in movies that grant people's wishes when they scratch the lamp", she talks on and on, "Except I'm not blue, and I am definitely way prettier. Why thank you very much."

 

The girl plasters a sly simper, and I don't know why I find it very terrifying.

 

"O-Okay?", I managed to choke out.

 

"So...your wishes are?"

 

I blinked at her for a good ten seconds, before gasping in all my dumbidity (I was gonna say dumbness, but that's not stylish).

 

"So, you're really a genie?!"

 

The frustration in the girl's face reached it's peak and I swear I see smoke coming out of her ears and nose.

 

What kind of genie is THIS hot-tempered?!

 

"I...am...trying...to...be...very...patient... with...you...lady", she balls her fist and pops her knuckles while showing off a scary smile.

 

"Woah there! Hold up. If you're really a genie, don't you have like, that toe-curling cringey introduction?"

 

Well, genies have that, right? I've seen it in the movies. When the person scratches the lamp and the genie comes out of the lamp and before the person could react, the genie would say some stupid lame- cringey introduction that only an infant would want to listen to.

 

Is that how it works? Or am I overreacting...again?

 

"Oh...I do", she nodded before straightening the edges of her dress in a sophisticated manner, clearing as she does, "Good thing you reminded me that I haven't properly introduced myself."

 

She twirls both of her hands in the air before spinning around a couple times I swear it made dizzy. By the time she stopped twirling, I was sure all my three remaining brain cells left the country.

 

"Greetings from the twinkly sparkly glowing galaxies a universe so vast I come from. I am Jennie the genie. Not just Jennie, not just genie. But Jennie the genie. And thy wish...", she slightly lifted both edges of her dress and dips into an elegant bow, "...is my command."

 

I stared at her dumbly as she finished her spiel and my jaw was on the floor.

 

For a girl so pretty, this one's surely mad in the head.

 

"Um, no offense but...did you escape an asylum?", was the first thing I said after we shared a thirty-second eye contact.

 

"I-", she squints her eyes and her resting face was back.

 

"Uh, look, miss...um, miss Jennie, right?"

 

"Jennie the genie", she corrected, arms crossed.

 

"O-Okay, miss Jennie the genie", I scratch the back of my neck, "Look, as much as I'd love to share conversations with you (I actually don't. You're pretty and all, but creepy and mad as ), I still have an early training tomorrow. You know, to become an idol and get filthy rich. Heh."

 

"So?"

 

"Sooo...I'm going home now! Okay? Bye!"

 

I hastily stepped to the road and flails my arms in the air when I spotted a cab from a short distance.

 

"I'll come with you", she, I mean, this Jennie girl said, and I felt her trailing me from behind.

 

"What- no! My apartment is faaaar far away from here. You go to your own house, okay? Okay take care!"

 

"But I don't have a house. And I can't go back until I fulfill all your wishes."

 

"Uh, I wish to go home, then?", I replied while still flailing my arms for the cab that takes forever to reach me.

 

What's taking this goddamn cab so long?!

 

"That's not how it works!"

 

"Just go back to that plastic bottle!"

 

"I can't go back into that bottle anymore."

 

"Then go into other bottles! Trevi, Sprite, Pepsi, Soju, I don't know! You choose!"

 

I can already see the bumper of the cab approaching the spot where I was standing. Good heavens, just a little more and I'll escape this beautiful retard at last!

 

The cab finally (ing finally!) stopped infront of me with a screech, and I immediately jumped on the door handle. But before my hand could even touch the supposedly savior of my cruel life, someone was already pulling the cab door open.

 

"I'll come with you and you can't do anything about it", Jennie plasters a mischievous smile before dragging me with her inside the cab.

 

Brain cells : left the country

Brain : slingshot to outerspace

Sanity : hanging by a thread

Hotel : Triva—

 

Does Jennie the genie even have a penny to share for the cab fee?!

 

~•~

 

"I can't believe I let you in", I slumped on my couch and lifted both hands to dramatically massage my temples.

 

This Jennie girl, who's leaning against the opposite couch very comfortably like she paid for it, didn't answer and just continued looking around my apartment. She's been at it for a good five minutes now and I don't know if she's subtly searching for some secret vault (which I obviously, for the love of god, do not own), but I swear to heavens if it turns out that my idiotic self let a burglar in—

 

"You live alone?", she finally spoke after what felt like decades.

 

"Uh, yeah", I replied shortly before my eyes shot wide, "W-Wait...you're not gonna murder me or something, are you?!"

 

This is it! I'm gonna die! Roseanne Park, you dumb fool idiotic motherer, how could you bring a total stranger who is a potential asylum escapee inside your apartment! She's gonna kill you! Jolly old Saint Nicholas help me!!

 

"Parents?", she ignored my dramatic and asked again.

 

I tried to calm myself as I shook my head in response, "They're, uh...they're dead."

 

Jennie flicks her head to look at me and I heard her let out a soft gasp of surprise, "Oh, I...I'm sorry."

 

And she really does look sorry. Her cat-like eyes were soft and her lips were pursed and she's making this really cute sad face that would make you go all 'uwu'.

 

Oookay, maybe she's not a sicko murderer. Roseanne Park, calm your . You're safe okay.

 

I shook my head while waving both of my hands, "Oh, nah, it's okay. They're probably having some fun date up there in heaven."

 

We shared a friendly smile at that.

 

"You haven't told me your name", she said.

 

"Well, you never asked", I scratch the back of my neck, "Um, but it's Roseanne."

 

"Roseanne."

 

"Yes, correct. Roseanne."

 

She lifted her chin as if a bulb lit up her head, "Oh! So that explains all the touch of roses in this apartment."

 

Then she started pointing animatedly at the rose paintings hanging on the wall, to the plastic roses arranged on the vases. Basically everywhere in the room.

 

And I didn't find that adorable.

 

I totally didn't.

 

(Liar.)

 

"Yeah, I uh, I like to embody my name. Heh", I gave her an awkward smile, eyes looking everywhere but her, "So, um...I guess you're not really serious about the genie thingy, right?"

 

She shot me a deadly glare and I felt chills creep up my skin. Dang does this woman have split personality or something?!

 

"I am a genie", she emphasized.

 

"Oookay, let's assume I'm high enough to consider this whole...lunacy", I said carefully, only to receive another flying glare, "So, you are a genie. And you came from a plastic bottl— wait, what were you even doing inside a plastic bottle?? Aren't genies supposed to be locked up inside a lamp??"

 

Jennie took a deep breath and places her feet on the couch, "It's a very long story. I doubt your little human mind could understand."

 

"I—"

 

"But just to give you a brief explanation", she spoke again, cutting me off, "I jump from container to container. I don't have a permanent one. After I fulfill someone's wish, I'll be locked up in a different container. And when someone finds that container, I'll fulfill wishes again, and then I'll be locked up in a different container again. If you get what I'm saying."

 

I absentmindedly hunch a little forward. I'd hate to admit but the concept was tickling my curiosity and interest.

 

This is it. I'm going crazy.

 

"So, you've never been to the same container twice?"

 

The girl shakes her head, "Never."

 

"That sounds fun!"

 

"What sounds fun?"

 

"That you get to live in different houses. Well, technically they're not houses, but still, it's cool, man!"

 

She snickers and shakes her head again, "It's no different. I see the same thing no matter what container I'm in."

 

"What do you see?"

 

"Galaxies."

 

"Ooohh."

 

My lips were formed in an O shape, and I must've looked like a dumbo so Jennie threw a soft cushion at me.

 

"Ow!"

 

"So, what are your wishes now?"

 

I tilt my head as I start pondering (oh look, loser Rosie was pondering. How fascinating). Firstly, I'd like to make myself clear that I am still sane enough to easily believe this dumbidity. I mean, what are the chances that you'll be hit by a flying plastic bottle and meet a gorgeous (but a little crazy) self-proclaimed genie?

 

Zero to none. (Isn't that the same thing?!?)

 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Totally impossible. So, I'd like to keep my skeptic self to keep my sanity in tact, thank you very much.

 

However!

 

I saw with my own very eyes how this Jennie girl came out of that freaking plastic bottle with pink smoke and glitter dusts and sugars and sparkles. And what is the probability of me explaining that in the most logical way?

 

Zero to none.

 

So, yeah, maybe I'll just turn my back on my skeptic self and just admit that I'm inches away from insanity. There's no harm in trying, they say. After all, Jennie the genie said she'll fulfill my wishes.

 

If things go right, I'll become rich and buy the whole South Korea. If things go south, I go to asylum.

 

Okay cool!

 

I snapped from my train of thoughts (because it was getting unnecessarily long), and turned back to Jennie who's now laying in the comfort of my couch.

 

"So, how does this whole thing work?", I asked from the edge of my seat, the last drop of my soberness disappearing to thin air.

 

I saw Jennie's lips curl into a victorious smile when she realized she must've finally convinced me.

 

"Well", she lifted a hand and showed me three fingers, "You have three wishes to make. Three wishes I shall fulfill."

 

"Just like in the movies", I mumbled under my breath.

 

"With those three wishes, come three important rules."

 

I could only nod like a puppy while I gesture her to continue.

 

"Rule number one: You cannot wish for someone to love you. I am a genie, not a cupid. If they don't love you, then they don't. Deal with it like a gentlewoman."

 

I stood up almost histerically, grabbing a fistful of my hair, "What??!"

 

"What? It's only the first rule and you're already complaining?", she rolls her eyes at me before throwing yet another cushion at my direction.

 

"B-But...why??"

 

If you think I'm thinking of using one of my wishes to make the 'oh-holy-goddess-campus-queenka-marry-me-juseyo Kim Jisoo fall head over heels in love with me...

 

You're not...

 

...wrong.

 

"Because I can't", she simply said, turning to inspect her nails.

 

"Uh, care to ellaborate?"

 

"Well, the laws of the universes don't permit me to do so. It's...hmm", she lifted her chin up in ponder, "It's like, out of bounds. Love is a special force that the universe could not really explain. And I'm not allowed to meddle with something so strange yet so...powerful."

 

Oh, dang. I guess I'll really have no chance with Jisoo anymore. That's a pity.

 

I bob my head in a nod and sat back on the couch, "Okay okay, I understand. Now, what's the next rule?"

 

Jennie poses two fingers, "Rule number two: You cannot wish for a dead person to come back to life. This is for obvious reasons of course. I cannot do that. I ain't God."

 

"Well, that's...freaking creepy. I would never want to wish something like that to happen anyway", I replied, hugging myself dramatically.

 

"Okay, good. If you're clear with these first two rules, then we're cool. Because the last one is pretty easy."

 

I raised a brow at her, "And that is?"

 

Jennie lays on her side to face me and props an elbow to support her weight.

 

"Rule number 3: Everytime you make a wish, you must always start with these phrases...", she clears , and I waited expectantly, "Jennie the genie, why are you so pretty, you make me all giddy, make my wish come true in a hurry."

 

What...the actual...?

 

I stared at her dumbly while she has this toothy smile playing on her lips.

 

So, maybe I really did bring an asylum escapee in my apartment.

 

"You're bluffing", I told her with a straight face.

 

She shot me a look, "I'm not. That's rule number 3."

 

"How is that a rule?!"

 

"Excuse me? That's the most important rule! Your wish won't be granted if you don't say those phrases."

 

"You totally made that one up!", I pointed at her accusingly, "Jennie the genie pretty giddy the was that?! You expect me to chant those words??"

 

"Well, yes? Because if you don't, everything you wish will be invalidated", she deadpanned before shrugging her shoulders.

 

"This is ridiculous!"

 

"Try me, then", she challenged.

 

"Try what??"

 

"Try making your first wish."

 

I squinted my eyes at her really intensely I almost got blind, "Okay, make me the richest person in South Korea!"

 

Jennie rolled her eyes at me before turning to lay on her back, totally ignoring my wish, "Go on and cancel the third rule. You'll never get your wishes."

 

"I- are you serious??!"

 

"Genies never joke."

 

Because genies are the joke.

 

"How am I suppose to even memorize that nonsense??"

 

She lets out a lazy yawn before saying, "Easy as 1,2,3. Repeat after me...'Jennie the genie, why are you so pretty, you make me all giddy, make my wish come true in a hurry'."

 

This...is...ridiculous.

 

"You're so hysterical. Are you forgetting that you only have three wishes?", she spoke again, "Meaning, you'll only chant those phrases three freaking times. It's not like it should come out of your mouth whenever you breathe."

 

Well...she does have a point. After all, what is a little embarrassment compared to the wealth that I will receive after my successful wishes, right?

 

Gay god, I couldn't wait to bathe in money and get all the girls I want! I can even buy a high-class dance studio for Lisa so she won't be randomly dancing in the streets whenever she's high on sugar.

 

Heck, I won't even have to train in YG to become an idol. I could buy Yang Hyun Suk if I want-

 

-but I don't.

 

That's...ew.

 

I was thinking of all the things I could become all the while repeatedly chanting the phrases in my head.

 

I need to ing memorize it if I want this to work.

 

Okay, Roseanne, you can do this.

 

"Jennie the genie, why you so...giddy? Clingy? Picky? No, that's not it", I bit on my lip and paces back and forth while I try to memorize it word by word, "Pretty? Oh, yeah pretty. You make me all...jumpy? Wait."

 

Well, she does make me jumpy.

 

"Aahh, I'm not really good with rhymes!", I crumpled my hair before turning back to the genie, "Can we just make this easi—"

 

She gotta be kidding me.

 

I walked closer to the girl and inspected her now sleeping face.

 

Great. Told me to memorize and try my first wish, and the next thing, she's sleeping.

 

And she's really sleeping there comfortably like she owns the house!

 

I could only shake my head while my eyes unconsciously linger a little longer at Jennie's face. She's really pretty, but a little scary. And strange. And crazy.

 

But when she's sleeping like this, she's like a cute kitten who brings no harm.

 

Dang Roseanne, you're really losing it.

 

I heaved out a sigh before walking to my room, stepping out after a little while with a blanket in hand.

 

Today was frenzy. I could use some good night's sleep to absorb everything that's happened.

 

With careful hands, I gently draped the thick blanket over Jennie's small body up to her chin, and went back to my room.

 

Goodnight.

 

~•~

 

How peaceful I slept that night was the exact opposite of when I woke up the next day.

 

Chaos.

 

I woke up with a start when I heard objects banging in the walls of my apartment. I almost thought the building was being demolished by how loud it sounded and I just lay here on my bed not knowing that it's gonna be the last day of my life.

 

(I was obviously exaggerating on that part.)

 

And then I heard someone screamed my name.

 

Well, not in the way I want my name to be screamed, but...heh-

 

"Roseanne Park, get your over here!"

 

Oh, I know that voice very well. It was Lisa's. I told her to pick me up for my first day of training today.

 

But what is she being loud for so early in the morning??

 

I shrugged and forced myself to get up before sleepily stepping out of my room, only to be greeted by a huge mess.

 

"What the ?!"

 

The couch was tumbled upside down. The pillows were everywhere on the floor. The remote control of my TV was inside my shoe which was now laying over the refrigerator.

 

And the center table was in Lisa's arms.

 

"Oh my god, I've been robbed!", I yelled and brought my hands over my head.

 

But my bestfriend, looking totally scared for life, shook her head and pointed her lips at somewhere.

 

My eyes followed the direction, and that was when I remembered.

 

Jennie the ing genie was glaring hard at Lisa while holding a vase.

 

I let out a dramatic gasp, "Oh my god, that's my grandma's vase! Dang it, Jennie, put it down!"

 

"She's a burglar!", Jennie held on the vase tighter while pointing at my bestfriend.

 

"I told you I'm not a burglar! Do I look like a burglar?? How am I a burglar?!", Lisa shot back, lifting the center table as a shield.

 

"How did you get in, then?!"

 

"I have a spare key to Rosie's apartment because I'm her bestfriend!"

 

"You don't look like a bestfriend! You look like a burglar!"

 

"I— Who are you even?? What are you doing inside Rosie's apartment??"

 

"Roseanne brought me home because...nah, I doubt your pea-sized brain would understand."

 

"I— why you little—"

 

My head bobs from Jennie to Lisa to Lisa to Jennie until I can feel it exploding.

 

"Guys! Calm the ing down!", I finally yelled.

 

I swear I can feel all my hair strands standing over my scalp.

 

"Jennie, that girl's not a burglar. She's my bestfriend, Lisa", I said as calmly as I can, "And Lis, she's Jennie. She's...um...well-"

 

Okay, how do I ing explain to my bestfriend that I stumbled upon a genie in a plastic bottle last night?

 

Lisa's eyes suddenly widened and I know exactly what she's thinking.

 

"Seriously, Rosie?? I've been your bestest bestfriend since forever and you didn't tell me you finally got yourself a girlfriend?!", she blurted.

 

I shook my head frantically I swear it will snap off of my neck, "I- what, no! No, she's not my girlfriend—"

 

"Then what is she?? A fling?? A one-night stand??"

 

A soft cusion came flying from somewhere and hit Lisa right on her forehead.

 

Bullseye.

 

We both turned to Jennie to find her rolling her eyes, arms crossed over her chest.

 

"Rosie, I think you should teach your girl how to calm down", Lisa scoots to me and whispers, "She's hot. But also very hot-tempered."

 

"I- I told you she's not my gir—"

 

"Don't you dare tell me she's just a friend. Because we are both very much aware that you have no other friends than me."

 

I hit Lisa's stomach softly, earning a groan from her.

 

"I just met her, okay? And yeah, we're just um...f-friends."

 

There is no way I can explain this whole lunacy to her. Well, at least not until I finally get my wishes.

 

Lisa scoots her face closer to mine, her look was teasing, "Sure, Rosie. Sure."

 

"Ehem."

 

We both turned to Jennie again.

 

"So, you're not a burglar?", she asked with squinted eyes, obviously referring to my bestfriend.

 

"This pretty face? A burglar? Oh please", Lisa dramatically touched her face, "This face could pass as the global ambassador of Celine and Bvlgari, y'know."

 

"What is that?"

 

"What is what?", Lisa blinks, "You don't know Celine and Bvlgari??"

 

Jennie shook her head, "Never heard them in other universes."

 

I gulped an invisible lump in my throat, and Lisa subtly elbows me.

 

"Rosie, your girlfriend lives under a rock or something?"

 

"I—"

 

"Anyways", Jennie cleared and we both turned to her...again, "I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Jen—"

 

Oh, no no no! She's gonna do that crazy as introduction again, isn't she?? Lisa will definitely be creeped out and think that I brought a lunatic home.

 

"Uh, her name is Jennie! Right, Jennie. Heh", I cut her off, "Lisa here already knows your name. No need to introduce yourself. Heh."

 

The genie only tosses me a look but didn't push further. I heaved out a sigh.

 

Lisa smirks and steps in, "Yeah, Jennie. I already know you're Rosie's little girlf—"

 

I jabbed my bestfriend's stomach again.

 

"Ow, alright alright! Geez, you're getting violent like her now", Lisa pouts, "Anyways, go and get ready, Rosie! It's your big day today, dang! You really made it to YG huh?"

 

I crack a wide smile before engaging in a fist bump with my bestfriend, "Do I give you the promised triple backflip now?"

 

"Nah, save it for later, kiddo. Show 'em what you got, yeah!", Lisa engulfs me in a bear hug, "Now, go and wash up! You stink, man!"

 

I cackled before starting to step back to my room, "Yah, I don't!"

 

She sticks her tongue out at me before she disappears into the kitchen, "I'll make breakfast! Hey, Jennie, wanna make pancakes with me?"

 

Jennie takes a glance at me, and I gave her an awkward smile before mouthing a hushed, "Don't say anything to her."

 

She rolled her eyes but nodded anyway, and then followed Lisa in the kitchen.

 

Dang this genie's sure got some attitude.

 

I was about to turn my doorknob when I realized something.

 

"Wait— who's gonna clean up all this mess?!"

 

Not long after, I heard a mutual answer from the both of them.

 

"You!"

 

Such a nice life I have.

 

~•~

 

So, after having breakfast with my bestfriend and my new found genie friend, Lisa drove us to YG building.

 

Yes, us. Because Jennie won't let me go without her tagging along. She said I need to make those three wishes immediately so she could finally go back to sleep.

 

Like, didn't she just sleep the other night? Now, she's sleepy again?! This woman's unbelievable.

 

So, yeah, I ended up bringing her inside the premises of YG. I also lend her a spare pants and hoodie that's probably thrice her size (the hoodie looks so big on her 'cos she's too small uwu) because there is no way I'm bringing her with me wearing her strange-looking white dress.

 

And please don't even ask how she managed to get past the guards. Jennie's glaring game was too strong that the guards just let her in because they were being too intimidated.

 

"Are you really gonna follow me to the training room?", I asked Jennie beside me as we timidly walk down the corridor, glancing around in awe.

 

"Where do you expect me to go? I'm here for your wishes. So just say them so I could go", she replied, hands tucked in the pockets of my hoodie.

 

"But I can't make a wish right now."

 

"And why is that?"

 

"Because I have a training to attend to", I answered matter-of-factly.

 

She gave me a look, "I don't understand why you still have to attend whatever training this is when you can just wish for money and power."

 

"Um, because I'm punctual?"

 

Have I told you I'm not a good comedian?

 

"Am I supposed to give you an award or something?", she deadpanned.

 

"Definitely. Most Punctual Roseanne Park, yes", it's my turn to roll eyes at her.

 

"You know you can even buy this building", she said, looking around the place probably judging everything in it.

 

I know right. I'm just waiting for the perfect timing.

 

"Yeah, I know. I mean—"

 

Our conversation was cut off when we heard screams from a short distance. We searched for the source of the voices and found a group of people, probably other trainees, crowding in the open ground.

 

Is there a celebrity? Blackpink maybe? I’ve always wanted to see Blackpink.

 

Jennie and I shared a look before we decided to walk closer to the commotion. And that’s when we realized what’s happening.

 

Oh my golly old Saint Nicholas-

 

A girl was about to fall from the ledge of the...(I counted the floors) 5th floor of YG’s new building! She was grasping a narrow block of concrete but I could see her hands were starting to slide dangerously.

 

Holy shivadoovaliudkakxl- how did she even get there?!

 

I looked around and at the crowd but it seems like they can’t do anything to help the poor girl. I can see some trainees on their phone probably calling for help, but it’ll take minutes for the rescuers to arrive.

 

I looked back up at the girl on the ledge and her hands were now at the very edge of the concrete block. I knew she’d have no choice but to let go any second now.

 

Damn damn damn, why must I witness this tragic scene on my first day of training?!

 

“She’s about to fall”, Jennie spoke calmly beside me.

 

Like, how is she so calm??

 

“We have to help her, oh my god”, I blurted while my eyes scan the place, thinking of ways to help the girl.

 

And then my eyes landed on Jennie.

 

Oh frickin golly god, you know what I’m thinking, don’t you?

 

“Hey, Jennie. We have to help her”, I grabbed her shoulders dramatically.

 

“We ain’t 911, Roseanne.”

 

“But you’re a genie!”

 

“And what does it—”, her eyes snapped wide open in realization, “Hold up- don’t tell me you’re gonna...”

 

I nodded frantically, “That girl’s life is more important.”

 

Jennie stared at me in utter surprise.

 

But I gotta do it quick. We have no time.

 

I opened my mouth to say the phrases I’ve been memorizing in my head since last night, and hoped my dumb dumb of a brain would cooperate.

 

“Jennie the genie, why are you so pretty, you make me all giddy, make my wish come true in a hurry”, I managed to choke out without cringing, “I wish to save that girl!”

 

Jennie was still in a trance, but nodded nonetheless, “I guess...your wish is my command, then.”

 

She took a step back from me and twirls her hands in the air like she did last night. Pink smoke and glitter dusts and sparkles magically appeared from nowhere, and suddenly, everything seemed to have stopped.

 

It all happened in a blink of an eye, and when I looked back at the poor girl who was now falling from the ledge, I then realized the huge trampoline that was definitely not there earlier.

 

The girl was fortunately caught by the trampoline before she could hit the ground.

 

Everyone in the area heaved out a sigh of relief, but none of them questioned where the trampoline came from.

 

And then I turned back to Jennie, who then turned back to look at me.

 

I could only fall on my knees after witnessing that.

 

God.

 

“You’re really a genie.”