-2-

Sing your heart out

 

Freedom

 

some despise it while others strive for it.

For Joohyun it’s a curse, she didn’t know having it would mean sacrificing everything she had. 

people wanted to be close to her just because she’s famous and the attention they would get. she detests those kinds and that’s why she became extra careful with the people around her, too careful that made her look like a snob.

 

‘Model BAE JOOHYUN disrespecting her sunbaenim?’

 

‘BAE JOOHYUN rumoured to be dating a Famous Actor’

 

‘Famous Model contract got terminated because of her attitude? find out more here!’

 

The list goes on, the world painted her like that so be it. She never cared anyway or maybe she’s just tired of explaining herself.

 

“Hello? yes. I’m here already at the event. Yes, I won’t get myself into trouble” Joohyun wanted to roll her eyes if only she’s not in public. Right now, she’s at Auction for a cause event that would ‘benefit’ her image, not her words but her manager. It’s not like she didn’t want to help, what she didn’t want is being here instead sleeping on her precious bed.

“can I just give them the check? so I can go home?” Joohyun thought

 

Half-way through the event Joohyun feel so sleepy, she just got home from in Paris fashion week. the auction in front of her doesn’t help, too boring.

“I didn’t know angels can be bored”

Joohyun snap her head at the voice behind her, that scared the out of her.

“what the , you scared me!” she said while fighting herself not to punch the woman in the face, she’s in public eye after all. “and why are you here?”

The blonde laugh before sitting beside her and said “didn’t know angels can curse, but you sound hot so I’m not going to complain to God or whatever your boss is-

“just answer my question” Joohyun cut her off but that didn’t stop Wendy from annoying the out of her

“aw, have some patience babe” before Joohyun could react wendy interrupt her again “I’m here because I’m invited, just like you. But hey, maybe this is meant to be you know this is our second time meeting up, Can i-

“No” Joohyun said sternly and looked at the blonde straight in the eyes 

“I wasn’t finish you know, rude Bae” wendy said with her smiling face

doesn’t she get tired of smiling? what is wrong with you, Joohyun thought while looking at her, weirdly.

 

“can I invite you for dinner or something?” the blonde pushed

“No” Joohyun timidly answered then puts her attention back at the auction. She thought the blonde finally gave up since she became quiet, of course that’s what joohyun thought.

 

“How about this, first one to bid something tonight gets a wish?”

 

Joohyun looked at her again, still has that silly smile on her face. “a wish really? what are you five?” that made Wendy laugh “come on if I win, you’ll join me for dinner tonight. What’s yours?” Wendy said. Joohyun didn’t think twice and said “I wish to never see your face again”

 

Joohyun saw how Wendy bubbly face changed but regained her posture and smiled at her like its nothing then proceeds to say “Okay, Deal. You’re coming home with me tonight”

seriously? why is she so eager? joohyun thought but instead she said “Home? you said dinner you ert”

“No not like that! If I could get a dinner with you tonight might as well cook for you right?” and there it is again, her silly smile. A charmer.

“Sorry to say but I’m not going home with you tonight” Joohyun rolled her eyes forgetting she’s on public

“Did the Great Bae Joohyun just rolled her eyes on me?” playfulness evident in the blonde voice

“what about it? go tell the media for all I care” its true though she doesn’t care, does she?

 

“what? why would I do that? it’s an honor that you rolled your eyes on me that means...” she pulled her attention back to the blonde girl beside her

 

“That means I got your attention”

 

attention, all for this is just for attention. Great  

 

 

“Don’t worry I’m not like them, I just really like you” Wendy said it so casually it made Joohyun shut her eyes

“you know Wendy you ar-

“Call me Seungwan”

“okay Seungwan, does anyone ever told you how annoying you are?” Joohyun didn’t even noticed how she agreed so easily to call her Seungwan, she wanted to be professional and call her Wendy, But betrayed her.

“A lot, but if being annoying is the only way to get your attention...so why not?” she gave Joohyun a wink

 

she ing winked at me, this flirt Joohyun then rolled her eyes for the second time.

 

“whatever, I’m winning this and I’m not coming home with you”

 

she thought so

 

 

 

Joohyun didn’t agreed at first thinking that Wendy would take advantage of her but the blonde just laughed at her and said that “I just want to have dinner with you don’t make it weird” she’s about to let her guard down when the blonde mutters the next words to her “But if you wanted more, who am I to say no to you” Joohyun hits her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole car ride Joohyun was quiet. Wendy’s voice and the radio filled the car. Joohyun didn’t mind, at first. Until Wendy asked her “Do you always wanted to be a model? just curious”

“don’t you have internet? I bet even my favorite shirt brand is written there” Joohyun said while looking outside, looking for something interest to look at rather than the blonde curious eyes.

“I do but I wanted it to come from you. Not everything in the internet is real anyway” wendy said while glancing at Joohyun direction then to the road in front of her

 

not everything is real

 

Joohyun didn’t answer. The whole ride was quiet after that. It was short but it feels like forever from the tension earlier.

 

 

 

 

“you play piano?” that’s what Joohyun first words when she entered the house 

 

“yeah, I wouldn’t put it there if I don’t? no?” there she is again, the playful tone.

and by that Joohyun put back her resting face and said “I don’t know, maybe its just for a show for your guest to compliment you” and then she raised her eyebrows at the blonde girl whose face is still smiling at her.

“yeah, I wanted to impress you, is it working?” Wendy said then proceeds to go to the kitchen not waiting for Joohyun’s answer “go make yourself comfortable this won’t take long”

 

 

 

 

 

“how was it?” Wendy asked. Joohyun wanted to say it taste like but it’s nothing close to that in fact this is the first home meal she eaten since she’s always outside never got time to cook for herself “It’s nice” she said.

“you know, you’ve been eyeing the piano ever since we got here, do you used to play piano?” Wendy shot her a question, a question she would like to avoid.

“No questions, you said dinner not interrogation” Joohyun said. Wendy let out a laugh and said “okay, okay no questions. But seriously though, just curious”

 

maybe being a detective suits you the most than being a singer

 

“How about I play it for you”

 

that made Joohyun look at her, “playing it for me? why? so you can tell your friends I asked you to play it?” she expects her to back off from her salty remark but Wendy just smiled at her “No, I just want to” then proceeds to walk to where is the piano at. Joohyun followed, slightly curious at what the Blonde will play. After all, she used to play piano.

 

“Hey Bae, what’s your favorite song?”

“you already know but you still keep on asking me” Joohyun answered back

 

“I just wanted to know what you like, like I said not everything in the internet is real” Wendy said then proceeds to play the first note of the song not letting Joohyun answer

 

Waiting for going home feels like a thousand hours
Going on the way home feels like a thousand miles

 

Wendy’s voice filled the apartment space along with piano


Maybe, I wanna just get along in work
But it seems like it never works
I’m gonna get some bottles of beers on the way back home

 

Joohyun wouldn’t admit it out loud but the night she was reading article about the blonde she stumbles upon a singing video of her and she can’t help but admire at how her voice sound so good

 

Oh, I just wanna be free
Off the ground, off the wall and I

 

This time Wendy looked at her, she sang it like it’s her own song

Joohyun can’t help but sing along, just a little bit

 

I wanna be somewhere like no need to be clear
No need to be explaining
I just wanna rest


No need any words
No complain, no watching

 

Wendy stopped 

 

“never knew you sing, you have a good voice Bae” Wendy said. Joohyun wanted to say thanks but she felt awkward “I should get going” Wendy stood up from where she is and Joohyun knows the blonde will offer her a ride “No, I’ll call my manager”

“aw too bad, but can I get your number?”

 

Joohyun was at the door without looking back she answered “goodbye”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night, Joohyun felt restless. The fact that the blonde asking her number “ you Seungwan what do you want from me!” Joohyun shouted. Her voice echoes in her apartment

 

‘I got your attention’

 

It echoes in her head. Seungwan just wanted attention and she gave it.

 

“Joohyun, get your act together and forget about her. You won’t see her again anyway” Joohyun said to herself, convincing herself that she won’t see the blonde again. Which made her smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__

a/n

 

the song is 'Rest' by Yerin Baek  

it's also one of my favorite song from her