Bruises

A Story About You and Me

You weren’t a violent person, sure you may look cold and vicious on the outside, but you really cared about a lot of things. So when someone insults the things you care about, it warrants a punch to the face. (In your opinion not hers)

 

“Why did you even hit them…” Minju grumbled as she applied the ointment to the bruise under your left eye. Both of you sat on your bed, your parents not home. She came barging into your house after school when hearing what you did. She always did when she heard you got hurt again.

 

Why did you hit them? Oh you had a lot of reasons to hit them. It was just another day at school, students buzzing around trying to talk to their friends before they left for club activities or going home to do homework.

 

You were waiting outside of Minju’s classroom, many eyes looking at your figure and hushed whispers that you could only assume was about you. Your reputation wasn’t the best, everyone around you had the worst impression of you. You don’t really understand why though, it’s not like they knew you to begin with. 

 

But what made you hit them wasn’t because of your bad reputation. You overheard a group of boys talking about Minju. How they called her an easy girl and started to make bets about who she could get with her first.

 

Over your dead body, or more like theirs. How dare they talk about your Minju like that. You were surely going to teach them a lesson. In retrospect you should have waited until school was over but your emotions got the best of you and before you knew it you had floored one of them and nearly destroyed the seconds private areas.

 

They got a few good punches in, you admit. It was obvious with the cuts and bruises that currently stained your face. Some of your friends came to stop you before eventually a teacher noticed the commotion and decided that enough was enough.

 

You were suspended for the rest of the week but you didn’t think it was that big of a punishment. They got what they deserved and you got to stay home, a win-win in your opinion. Okay, so maybe your bad reputation made sense. But you swear you really care about a lot of things!

 

You hiss when you felt the sting next to your lip. your lips, you taste the blood from the fresh cut that was there. The wound probably opened again and it was starting to hurt.

 

“Why do you always do this?” Minju asked as her thumb lightly caressed your bruised cheek. Her eyes looking at the now opened wound while you stared at her. Eyes filled with worry and concern. You told yourself you didn’t want to see that look in her eyes but it seemed that you were always the cause of them.

 

“Sorry” was the only thing that you were able to say. Looking down at your intertwined hands that rested in your lap. To anyone else, it would be quite obvious why you would go to such lengths for the girl. But you were too much of a coward to tell her how you felt.

 

You hear her sigh, her hand leaving your cheek and reaching for the ointment again. Your intertwined hands became undone and she started working on the cut again. You try to endure the pain, of both your cowardice and your painful wound.

 

You remember meeting her in the garden of your high school. She was alone when you saw her. You wanted to be alone for lunch that day, opting to leave your usual friend group and heading to your favorite spot. A place secluded from others, a place that was rarely visited which made it perfect for you.

 

When you approached her, she was quite shocked to see you there. It was no surprise that she was startled, probably thinking about your reputation as the delinquent. But you just sat next to her on the lonely bench and closed your eyes. Allowing the silence to take over the both of you.

 

After a while it became a regular thing. You would meet her on the bench, no words exchanged. Just the sounds of nature surrounding the both of you with the occasional crinkling of her lunch.

 

Eventually you started talking to each other, hanging out with each other, doing everything together. You don’t know when you started falling for her but you knew that these feelings had already manifested inside of your heart a long time ago. 

 

She didn’t see you for your rumors, she saw you as you. You had mentally prepared yourself for when she would leave you, not that many people stayed that long besides a few close friends. But she proved you wrong again, choosing you over everyone else in the end.

 

You watch her intently as she tends your wound with care, always with so much focus. Regardless of how many fights you had gotten into, she would always be there to fix you back up.

 

“Chae, when are you going to stop hurting yourself?”

 

You ponder the thought. When were you going to stop? It’s not like you wanted to fight anyone, they just make it so hard for you not to hit them. With your growing feelings and their idiocy you don’t think you’ll be stopping anytime soon.

 

Another sigh. Guess that wasn’t the answer she was looking for. But she continued to treat your wound nonetheless. When were you going to stop being a coward and tell her how you felt? She wasn’t going to be with you forever with the pace you were going at right now. How was she even able to stay with you for so long?

 

“Does it hurt?” her dark brown eyes finally looking into your own. You just nod your head, moving it just enough for her to notice. She was closer than she was before, your foreheads resting against each other. 

 

How you wanted to stay like this forever, just being in her presence. The warmth radiating off of her body melting your cold heart and her scent cleaning your lungs of impurities. 

 

When you felt her move back you did the same but then you felt something warm against your cheek. Her lips were placed lightly on your bruise with so much care. Trying to not apply a lot of pressure which could hurt you.

 

Her lips were soft against your skin, you could feel her hot breath against it as well. One of her hands was on your shoulder while the other rested behind your right ear. Her thumb moving slowly across your cheek.

 

Your heart was a mess. What does she think she’s doing, playing with your heart like this. But you hated the fact that you didn’t want it to end. You shouldn’t be getting your hopes up. Someone as perfect as Minju shouldn’t be with someone as messed up as you. She deserved so much better, so much better than you.

 

She finally removes her lips from your cheek, opting to bring her other hand to trap your head in between them. Her eyes were staring into your own, besides worry and concern you see something else. 

 

Affection

 

Love

 

You think your eyes are playing tricks on you. If only you could see the look you give her, maybe you could get a hint whether or not she feels the same way. You hope to convey your feelings without words. Hoping the look in your eyes was enough for her to understand.

 

She looks down at your cut, eyeing it intently. Before you knew it her lips were already on them, dangerously close to your own. Your heart skips a beat. You let out air that you didn’t know you were holding in.

 

She pulls back, her hands still holding your head. She rests her forehead on yours again, her lips coming close to yours. Your mind is completely ruined, how could she do these things to you. It was painful yet you couldn’t get enough of the pain.

 

When she talks you feel her lips barely touching yours. It sends a shiver down your spine and you squirm just the tiniest bit where you sat.

 

“Does it feel better?” she mumbles, not breaking eye contact with you. Her arms leaving your face and weaving their way around your neck. This was dangerous. She shouldn’t be involving herself with the likes of you. You should put some distance between the both of you. But your greed; your selfishness wins you over and you don’t. You stay planted where she held you, like a cobra hypnotized by the enchanting song that was Minju’s beauty.

 

“Yeah… it does.” You hear her hum in response. Her eyes darting from your lips back up to your eyes. Were you going to let greed take over or were you going to do what’s best for her and stop?

 

Greed had a funny way of playing with you and before you could rationalize you kissed her. She tasted so sweet, much different from others you have mindlessly kissed in your times of confusion. It was intoxicating.

 

You wanted to stop. You didn’t want to get pulled into something you would be bound to regret. It wasn’t falling in love with her that you would regret, but what your presence in her life would do to her future. You weren’t good for her.

 

You were about to pull away but her arms kept you in place, pulling you in deeper. She wanted this right? It was okay for you to be selfish just this once right? Even if you were bad for her you wanted to be with her. Did you really deserve her?

 

You feel her bite your bottom lip lightly, a sound of pleasure leaving her lips. Damn it. Everything was becoming blurry. She was making you even more intoxicated. Her scent overflowing in your lungs and her passion consuming all of your thoughts.

 

You were too far to stop now. Grabbing her waist, you pulled her to comfortably sit on your lap while never breaking your intimate kiss. While moving around her tongue slips into your mouth and she tasted so good.

 

You were going to regret pulling her into your mess. Regret letting your selfish desires take control of you. But you would never regret falling in love with Kim Minju.


A little bit more intimate and angsty but who doesn't like a little bit of pain hehe

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed and like always please leave your suggestions below!

Follow me on twitter for updates: @Taengyuyu