Gaming Addiction

A Story About You and Me

You used to not play that many games when you were a kid. Heck, you’d usually just play board games with your family or go outside and play with your friends. You were never one to pick up a controller and sit down to play videogames for multiple hours. You're not like your senior friends Sakura, who lounges around all day with her giant headphones that are too big for her head and a screen that is bigger than you own TV. Staying inside wasn’t your favorite, unless it was board game night which then your natural competitive personality flourishes. 

 

You silently cursed in your head at your cousin, Yujin. She’s been hanging around Yena too much and got you addicted to playing these darn video games now. Ever since she became a freshman at your highschool she’s been hanging out with you and your friend group. You didn’t mind it, unlike many others you actually enjoyed your cousins company. Embarrassing as she is, your friends were just as embarrassing so if anything, she just added another dynamic to the group.

 

So now that you were forced to stay inside all day, you didn’t have enough board games to atone for the amount of boredom building in your system. You could order some more and try new ones but your family banned you from buying them. Afraid you’ll start getting addicted to online shopping and start buying unnecessary things. They were probably onto something because you notice your recent browser history starting to fill up with clothes you thought were cute or plushies you wanted to crowd your bed.

 

There were a few positives, you didn’t have to wake up at unreasonable hours just to go to school. You were never a morning person. Most of the teachers didn’t assign as much homework, it was nearing the end of the school year anyways. You got to spend time with your family, but you’ve always been close to them.

 

But there were also the negatives. You couldn’t really do much exercising now that your regular gym was closed. You were starting to get a little chubbier despite what your friends say about you being too skinny for your own good. You laugh at that because your group has Kang Hyewon, and God knows how much she eats on a regular basis yet she’s skinnier than a pole. 

 

The worst part of it all. You didn’t get to see your girlfriend as much. You may hate school but you willingly went regardless because your oh so beautiful girlfriend would always be there. You’d always find her in the library reading a book. You once told her she looked like an old lady because you were upset she was reading a book rather than giving in to your need for attention. Something you really should fix, but don't because it's cute when she starts treating you like you're her entire world. Which, not to brag or anything, but you are.

 

She had frozen and looked up at you, her eyes rounder and her lips pouting. She looked like a lost cub and you immediately apologized because she looked like she was going to cry. She’s sensitive and sometimes things just rub off on her wrongly. She took things to heart, not afraid to let her emotions show. Something you love about her dearly and cherish wholeheartedly.

 

She’s not always like that, reading books while she fixes her round specs to balance on the tip of her nose. Albeit, you think she looked cute when she did that and it made you want to boop her nose. You wouldn’t have expected her to be the star player of the volleyball team. But there are still a lot of things you don't know and you were surely going to learn everything you could about her.

 

You remember when you were first getting to know her and she invited you to one of her games. It shouldn’t have meant that much but your heart fluttered a bit because of it. It was the first home game of the season, but you would like to think that she invited you because she wanted you to be there.

 

It was like she was a completely different person. The shy, cute and quiet girl was now shouting commands out during the game, her glasses nowhere to be seen and her face showing determination and focus. You had to do a double take before realizing that she was the same girl that invited you shyly to her game while she stared at your feet.

 

Needless to say, you think you fell in love with her after that. Thank the heavens that she thought the same way or you would have experienced your first every heartbreak. You did not want to start your sophmore year being a sobbing mess. You told that story to your best friend, Yuri, once. She called you overdramatic but you called it a natural reaction.

 

You lay back down on your bed, letting a pained sigh leave you lips. You miss her. She was one of the things that made you happy. Like, really happy. There wasn't enough words in the world to explain how happy she made you. Now you couldn’t even step outside of your house which meant you couldn’t go to her. You start thrashing about, wiggling your arms and legs as you allow a mini tantrum to escape you. 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

You stop what you’re doing, partially from embarrassment but also because you could recognize that voice anywhere. You could have gotten whiplash from how fast you snapped your neck up to look at the guest.

 

“Surprised to see me?”

 

“Chaewon!” You scramble off of your bed, nearly falling over the pile of clothes that lay unwashed on your floor. You should probably wash those later. You nearly tackle her into a hug, engulfing her tiny body with your own. You can feel her laugh causing you to pull her impossibly closer. God how much you missed that laugh. So much for social distancing, you could never keep away from Chaewon no matter what anyone said. Someone sue you because just this once you're going to break the rules and hug this girl to death before the virus got to the both of you.

 

You reluctantly pull away from her and look into her chestnut brown eyes. You shouldn’t be this emotional but you think you can feel the tears starting to form in your eyes. She gently caresses your cheek, brushing the trickling of tears away from your blushed cheeks.

 

“Did you miss me that much?” she laughs, cupping your face with her hands. You melt into her touch and nod, you think if you tried speaking you’d let out a jumble of incoherent words rather than a reply. She laughs again. Your favorite sound. You missed her so much.

 

You’re disappointed when she removes her hands from your cheeks but you allow her to, there wasn’t a need to be needy. She came on her own free will to see you and you should be grateful for her thoughtfulness. She lived a little further away than you wanted, but she could drive herself here so it wouldn't be that big of a problem. 

 

“So what have you been doing during this break?” she asks, flopping down onto your bed. You think about an answer, knowing truly what you have been addicted to since the start of this boring break. 

 

“Video games”

 

“Video games? I never saw you as a gamer”

 

“Yujin keeps bothering me to play them and I got addicted to them”

 

“Yujin? Ah your cousin. I bet it’s Yena’s fault”

 

“How did you know that?”

 

“I've known that duck for so long, she'd defenintely convert Yujin”

 

She laughs and you laugh along with her, it was always fun being around her. You always felt calm and comfortable whenever you were with her. It was just so easy to be with her.

 

“Anyways! Let me show you the games that I’ve been playing!”

 

You stand up from your seated position and excitedly pick up the controller on your desk. You hastily turn on the console before jumping back onto your bed, back against the headboard and eyes attracted to the screen. 

 

“This game? Really?” You can feel the judging eyes piercing into your soul without even looking at her.

 

“What? It’s fun! I get to build a lot of cool things! Look! I even have a dog named ChaeMin! Isn’t it cute?”

 

You glance over at her and see her staring at the screen, her eyebrow raised and her lips pouting. This was the first time you actually got to get a good look at her since she got here. She wasn’t wearing her glasses, she looked cute with them on. But you liked how she looked either way, glasses or not. 

 

“Where are your glasses? Aren’t you like, blind without them?”

 

Well that hurt. You think your shoulder was going to have a bruise after she smacked your shoulder. It’s okay though, you like the blushing cheeks and the inability to say anything coming from her end that the pain didn't seem as bad.

 

“I am not blind thank you very much, I’m just… vision challenged…”

 

You scoffed. What kind of reply was that? It was cute though. For someone so smart she always came back with the weirdest replies. It was just one of her many charms that made you fall in love with her.

 

“Sounds like you're blind to me. Now watch me build stuff!”

 

You didn’t get an answer but you guessed it was because she was giving her undivided attention towards the screen that showed block after block being placed down. In all honesty, you have been trying to find diamonds since you started playing a week ago but to no avail. 

 

Yujin would always laugh at you through your video calls while she walks around your world clad in diamond armor. Sometimes you didn’t even know why Yujin decided to pop into your world just to laugh at you, but it made sense looking at your situation. Once you found digging a tunnel for an hour the most amusing thing ever. You surely lost your mind when you came to your senses, but you won't tell Chaewon that. You've alraedy been judged enough today by the girl.

 

Now you were determined to find some just to make her shut up and find someone else to bother. Preferably Yena, in her own world filled with duck mods. You almost choked on water when you saw her running towards you with a duck skin on. You nearly laughed for hours while she kept yelling at you to stop making fun of her. She sure loves her ducks.

 

It had been hours and you were engrossed in your games. Damn these addicting games, they just took all of your time. But you weren’t going to stop until you found those damn diamonds. You had been running up and down the mines, occasionally walking back to your house to tend to your farm. No luck. Zero. Nada. Nothing.

 

You think the wrinkles on your forehead were going to become permanent at this rate. You could feel the frustration building in your system but you didn’t let it out. Not with company anyways. That would have been embarrassing, although you already embarrassed yourself that morning by throwing a tantrum on your bed. 

 

Sometimes you were so engrossed in your gaming that you would forget everything that was around you. You barely remembered that you had a guest with you, only remembering when you didn’t want to become another person's laughing stock. 

 

You glance over at her and see that her eyebrows were knotted together and she didn’t look pleased. See game! Even your girlfriend was upset that you weren’t finding any diamonds! Come on! It's about time that you start receiving some compensation for your hard work. 

 

You looked back at the screen, even more energy entering your system at the sight of your girlfriend. You didn’t want her to be upset anymore that you weren’t finding diamonds for yourself. You were very wrong.

 

Another hour passed. Still no diamonds. Still nothing. You left the mine empty handed once again. You sigh heavily, why can’t you find these stupid diamonds. You run your hands through your hair, allowing the news to set in. One more hour. Just one more hour! You’ll surely find them! You’re confident in it.

 

You nod, more to yourself than anyone else, and grab your controller again. A few minutes passed before you heard a huff. You saw a blur of pink hair come into your field of vision. What?

 

You feel a pair of arms snake around your waist. You keep moving your head to see the screen, don’t want any zombies or creepers sneaking up on you. But it was getting hard with the smaller girl clambering onto you.

 

She lifts your arms up just to fit her tiny frame in between them. Her legs coming up to rest at the side of your body. Her head snuggling up against your neck. You can feel her nose lightly brushing against it. If you weren't so engrossed in the game you would have been a blushing mess because Chaewon was never this needy. Normally it was you asking for the cuddles, latching onto her arm and leaving small kisses anywhere your lips could land.

 

Your eyes never left the screen though, adjusting your position so that your arms were securely around her waist, controller still in hand. You move your head to rest on her shoulder, giving it a few pecks while your eyes stay glued to the screen. Chaewon smelled nice, mint of vanilla filled your senses. 

 

“I came all the way here just to see you and you’re more interested in your games than me…” You froze. It was so quiet, barely audible, but you still heard it. It made your heart stop.

 

You mentally smack yourself. Your girlfriend is here! Why aren’t you giving her the attention she deserves. And you call yourself the one that seeks attention. Sometimes it doesn't cross your mind that Chaewon wants some too. She never needed to ask for it though, so maybe that's why you seemed to forget the fact that maybe she wanted some too. You’ve been playing for hours! Why didn’t she stop you? God you feel stupid. You just hurt her feelings all because of some stupid games. You drop the controller on the side of your bed and pull her tighter.

 

“I’m so sorry… I got carried away..” 

 

You turn your head slightly and kiss her temple. You trail a kiss down to her cheek. Pulling her off you slightly to plant one on her nose before finally looking at her adorable little face, squished up against your body. She was the definition of cute and you hate yourself for making her sad. She had those doe eyes, similar to the ones you would give her when you were deserpate for her attention. A small pout on her lips. You put your foreheads together and give her some nose kisses while spewing out whispered apologises.

 

She whines a little, her pout growing deeper. You know what she wants, it's been long overdue with the distance you've had recently you've been wanting to do it too. For some reason you're feeling a little childish so you continue to hover your head on hers, no complying to what she wants. You really shouldn't, you had essentially ignored her every since she got here, but she was so cute that you couldn't resist.

 

Her nose twitches, probably from frustration. You giggle lightly, why did she have to be so cute right now? Is this really your cool and calm girlfriend? Before you finish the thought you feel her lips on yours. You never get tired of kissing her. It always gave you euphoria and the butterflies in your stomach were going wild. With every kiss came another wave of butterflies, endlessly fluttering around in your stomach. You don’t think it could get better.

 

But then you feel her deepen the kiss. Moving her lips a little more harshly while she brushes her tongue across your lips asking for entrance which you give her within a heartbeat. Maybe you were wrong, maybe it could get better. No. It did get better. 

 

You can feel her frustration and want with every bite and that made your lips bruised. So maybe you should have given her more attention, but you think it’s okay. If you didn’t forget she was with you today you probably wouldn’t have gotten such a good make out session. 

 

The both of you didn’t really make out that often. It was the usual morning and night kisses before leaving each other's side. As well as the small ones before every volleyball game for goodluck. You never really thought about having one, you were content with the relationship you had going on with the older girl.

 

But today was your first feeling of wanting more and you could tell that she was wanting the same. You could tell with every small sound of pleasure coming from her lips. She probably knew too when she would run her slender fingers through your hair which sent shivers down your spine. You could get used to this new development. 

 

You feel her sit up a bit more, making her the taller one while you kissed. You always made fun of her for being shorter than you, it never failed to make her complain. But right now Chaewon was leading the kissing and you weren't the one to complain. You move your arms down to her waist while she wraps her arms around your neck. You can feel the curve of her back as she continues to give you open mouthed kisses. Damn, she was really cute a second ago, how come she's so attractice now? You really don't understand, your girlfriend's duality was on a whole other level.

 

Like every other human in this world, you needed oxygen which made the both of you separate, keeping your foreheads on each other’s. Your breathing was just as distraught as hers. You smiled before giving her a soft kiss in which she happily returned.

 

“Next time,” she started after you broke your kiss, “don’t ignore me”

 

You pout a little before replying, “Don’t worry. If we keep doing this then I’ll gladly give my full attention to you”

 

“Well I want your attention since you pretty much ignored me for the entire day. So I guess you’re going to get even more of it tonight”

 

You start smiling, happy at her reply. Before you knew it, her lips were on yours again and another round of kisses begin. Your controller forgotten at the side of your bed and the sounds of your game quietly playing in the background. 


Hope you enjoyed, don't forget to suggest prompts down below!

Follow me on Twitter for updates: @Taengyuyu