SISTAR

4 plus 1

— at the dance studio during theatric class — 

“Bora, are you ok?” Lay walked into the room and saw Bora sitting there by herself. He looked around and saw his classmates were all discussing about the performance. 

 

“Oh…yes.” Bora answered, half distracted. She looks exhausted. 

 

“Wait… These look familiar…” he pointed at her outfit. “Is it Kai’s?”

 

“Oh…yes.” She is deep in her thoughts.

 

“Why are you wearing Kai’s clothes? oh… He gave it to you? He was there just now?” Lay got concerned. 

 

“Yes…” Bora took a deep breathe, “you saw the video?”

 

“Urgh…yes…But don’t worry… It’ll pass soon” Lay replied.

 

“I know it will. But i just don’t know if i can wait.” Bora sighed. “Are you not scared to be caught talking to me?” 

 

“Please. Why would I be scared of Chanyeol…” Lay scoffed.

 

“Everyone in school seems to be scared of him apparently.” Bora replied as she hung her head low.

 

“Listen up everyone! We are classmates of Bora, and we should support her! Don’t be afraid of Chanyeol, he will not bully you if you talk to Bora. In class, he can’t see. Lets give her some support ok? We still have a whole semester to work together!” Lay announced. 

 

“what if Chanyeol pick on us?” Sora answered.

 

“Then I will fight him.” Lay looks certain. 

 

Bora was touched by his gesture. 

 

“Why do you want to help me?” Bora asked. 

 

“because you are my Juliet… I mean, I wouldn’t want to tarnish our final year project right?” Lay answered.

“Thank you. I really appreciate it” Bora smiled at him and Lay gave her a smile. 

 

“So…. Lets talk about the choreography. Have you thought about it?” Lay asked.

 

“Yes. Okay, here, watch this video. This is the couple that won last year’s modern dance awards by Royal Ballet academy.” Bora sat beside Lay and passed him one side of her earpiece and held out her phone.

She was so near Lay that he could smell her hair, the light floral scent, he could almost feel her breathe against his shoulders when they were watching and it made him blush slightly. 

 

‘Yah. Zhang Yixing,  you’re not in love are you? I am a playboy, I am used to girls around me, why am I so nervous?’ He thought as his heart raced.

 

“Are you kidding me?! That is some high level dance” Lay exclaimed when he saw the male dancer lifted the female dancer up and she did a split midair. “No way…”

 

“We can try… Practice makes perfect.” Bora transfixed on the screen. 

 

“OMO! Did you see that?! Do you think i can?!” Lay gasped as the guy held the girl up and spun her down to the ground while she did a split and lift her back up in his arms. 

 

“Think about it… It would be so beautiful if that is to signify how Romeo and Juliet fall in love, so graceful…” Bora thought. “I will definitely simplify this, don’t worry. Step by step ok? Anyway, this is just a rough gauge, I will try to add more pop elements for you ok?” 

 

“Ha….” Lay shrugged, Bora stood up and held out her hand to him, “Time to practice!” Bora smiled. 

 

“Lets warm up and do some stretches, sit down with your legs as wide apart as possible” Bora instructed Lay.

 

Lay shot her a disbelieve look and did what he was told. “You’re so bossy to someone who saved you.” 

 

“This is for our performance ok?” she said as she pressed him down to stretch and he winced in pain. 

After teaching Lay and the supporting dancers some basic modern/ballet dancing choreograph, the class ended. 

 

“Alright. Thank you for your handwork. See you in school tomorrow.” Bora bowed and the rest did the same to her. 

 

“Where are you rushing off to? Want to grab dinner?” Lay asked as he handed Bora a bottle of water.

 

“Thank you.” She took it and take a sip “I have to rush for my work! Thank you for helping me talk to our classmates today. I am really grateful.” 

 

“You owe me dinner then.” Lay answered. “I can give you a lift, where are you working at?” 

 

“Ah… No thanks! My brother is sending me there, and sure, dinner’s on me next time!” She grabbed her bag and left. 

 

‘Why is she so evasive about her work? Hmm.’ Lay pondered, just then he received a text.

 

Chanyeol: Let’s go Fantasy tonight. I am in the mood for a drink. 

 

Lay replied: Usual time?

 

Chanyeol: Yes.

 

Lay: See you

 

— 11pm at Fantasy Nightclub — 

 

“Shownu, table 22 needs help” manager Kang shouted over the loud music.

 

Shownu walks over to help, he is a waiter at Fantasy, he joined this nightclub so that he could keep an eye on Bora, which she is performing here for about 2 week already. She got to know a bunch of girls online and decided to form a band called Sistar, and they have been performing here. Sistar is a hot favourite in this club, the rest of the girls are Hyoryn, Soyou and Dasom. 

The three of them are the bosses here, and are the main singers of this club. But ever since Bora joined the group, there are more customers and they’ve gained a lot more popularity.  Since Bora is still in school, she often leaves after performing, while the girls will stay and entertain the customers. 

 

“Shownu, VIP table 1 needs 2 bottles of Dom Perignon!” Manager Kang shouted again.

 

Shownu went over to the bar and took 2 bottles of Dom to VIP table 1. 

 

“Oh well… well.. well…” Chanyeol said after seeing Shownu. 

 

Shownu halted, took a deep breathe and put the bottles down. 

 

Chanyeol, Kai and Lay are friends of Hyoryn, and have been VIPs in this club as they often spends a lot of money here. 

 

“Should I get you fired you punk” Chanyeol snorted.

 

Shownu just looked down and turned away. 

 

“Let’s not cause a scene here, Hyoryn wouldn’t like it.” Lay held Chanyeol back as he was about to punch Shownu.

 

“The dog is here to ruin my happy night out. Go wag your tail somewhere else! The sight of you disgusts me” Chanyeol snarled at Shownu and Shownu left. 

 

‘Breathe Shownu… Do not retaliate… You might loose Unnie if you do…’ Shownu thought. 

 

— back stage — 

 

“Ahhh! Great! Channie is here! Bora, my friends are here today, so make sure you perform your best ok?” Hyoryn gleamed as she saw a text from Chanyeol. 

 

“Neh…” Bora changed to her y outfit, (the one she wore in I Like That MTV) 

 

(In this story, she is the youngest here and still a student, so the rest of SISTAR are very nice to her)

 

“wah…. Bora you look so y” Soyou added 

 

“Are we ready girls?” Hyoryn shouted into the mic

 

“neh” the girls answered.

 

They went onstage and started performing the song I Like That. 

 

“ah. There’s one more girl in Sistar?” Chanyeol asked. 

 

“Wow… Who’s the new girl… Her legs are so….perfect” Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

“I thought Dasom is your favourite?” Lay teased Chanyeol.

 

“I have a new favourite now” Chanyeol said, eyes transfixed on Bora. 

 

“She has some good moves…” Kai replied. 

 

Sistar continue to performed for the whole set. 

 

— backstage —

 

“Thank you unnie, I’ll see you on thurs!” Bora bowed at the girls. 

 

“My friends said you were great and they want to know you, do you want to hangout a little longer?” Hyoryn asked Bora. 

 

“Ah.. No unnie. I need to head home.. I’ve got school tomorrow” Bora packed her belongings. 

 

“Oh ya! my friends are from the same school as you! Seoul university, they are really popular there, you might know them” Dasom said.

 

“Ah…? I am quite quiet in school, so i don’t really know many people.. What are their names?” Bora asked

 

“Chanyeol, Kai and Lay” Soyou said.

 

Bora froze and her mind went blank. “Unnie, can you please not tell them my name if they happen to ask you? Please? Keep my identity a secret…” Bora continued.

 

“Ah… You’re scared your schoolmates will judge you working at such places?” Soyou asked.

 

“It’s just that… My mother would kill me if she knows, and i just want to keep this a secret… Promise me?” Bora lied, she just doesn’t want Chanyeol to find out she works here and he might cause her this job.

 

“Okay…” Soyou answered. 

 

Bora changed out of her y outfit and back into Kai’s basketball jersey and packed her things to go off.

 

— at the VIP table — 

‘She looks familiar… The way she dances…’ Lay thought to himself. 

 

“Chanyeol! Lay! Kai!” Soyou called out while Sistar (without Bora) joined them at their table. 

 

“Heyyyy! Looking good today!” Chanyeol whistled, “wait a minute, where’s the new girl?” 

 

“She left, she’s still a uni student, so she doesn’t stay.” Hyoryn pointed out.

 

“Whaaaaaat. Which uni is she from?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“your uni apparently” Hyoryn continued.

 

“Wait.. My uni?! What’s her name!” Chanyeol perked up.

 

“We can’t tell you! She made us promise not to say.” Soyou cut in, giving Hyoryn the eye. 

 

“come on, we’ve known each other for so long, you’re keeping secrets from me?!” Chanyeol probed.

 

“If we tell you, she’s not going to join us again… So if you want to still see her perform with us, then stop asking!” Soyou replied and held out her champagne glass “Cheers!” 

 

They started drinking and Chanyeol thought to himself ‘I am going to find out who she is… She’s just so … alluring…’ 

 

“Hey guys, I shall get going. Not feeling too well today.” Kai said, uninterested in the whole topic. He is mad about how Chanyeol treated Bora, and act so nonchalant about it, even having the mood to party. 

 

“Whyyyy. Stay Kai…” Dasom pouted.

 

“I’ll see you girls soon ok? Catch ya’ll in school” He told the boys and left.

 

As he headed out Fantasy, he saw a familiar girl wearing his basketball jersey.  

 

Bora was just waiting outside the bar, kicking the stones on the floor while humming.

 

“Bora?” Kai approached her.

 

“KAI?!” Bora eyes widened. ‘NOOO. OH NO. DID HE FIND OUT?!’ she thought and her heart started racing.