Let the Drama Begin

4 plus 1

“I told you, no one is allowed to use this table! It’s only reserved for me, the kingka of this school, which part do you not understand!” Chanyeol hollered as he threw another punch at Shownu, whom is on the floor now. 

 

Shownu kept quiet but stood up again and stared at Chanyeol defiantly.

 

A crowd formed around them in Seoul University cafeteria, Chanyeol is the school bully and demands respect from everybody. There is a black table in the cafeteria reserved solely for him and his friends, but Shownu, not knowing the rules as it was his first day of school chose to sit there, he is a strong fighter, but he does not dare to fight back as he knows Rain worked very hard to pay for his school fees here, and Seoul University is an elite school. 

 

“How dare you not apologise!?!?” Chanyeol sent another kick into Shownu’s stomach. He was ready to throw another punch when a shoe bag flew in and hit his head.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh STOP IT” Bora squeezed through the crowd and stood in front of Chanyeol, arms crossed. 

 

“HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!” Chanyeol bellowed, eyes widened and nose flaring, about to slap her when a hand reached in and held his hand up. 

 

“Enough Chanyeol” Kai said coolly.

 

“Who is this bi*** does she not know who I am” Chanyeol growled.

 

“Of course I do, who doesn’t know the rich spoilt brat bully?” Bora rolled her eyes and turned to Shownu, her gaze softened and asked him “are you ok?” 

 

“Yea Chanyeol, that’s enough, you wouldn’t want to hit a girl would you? Moreover, can tell that they are not in our league, no point fighting some losers right?” Lay chimed in, hoping it would pacify Chanyeol, although he didn’t mean to insult Bora and Shownu. 

 

“Quickly leave” Lay said to Bora. 

 

Bora gave them a dirty look, picked up Shownu’s belongings scattered on the floor and pulled Shownu to leave with her.

 

“Ok show’s over” Lay shrugged and nudged Chanyeol to move. 

 

“Who is she?” Chanyeol glared at Bora’s retreating back view.

 

“Yoon Bora, majoring in performing arts, we have quite a few classes together.” Lay answered. “Why.”

 

“Yoon Bora, I will make you pay...” Chanyeol muttered angrily under his breath. 

 

— at the park in Seoul University —

 

“Ya! Jung Shownu, it’s only your first day in school and you’re already in trouble!” Bora pouted. 

 

“How would I know not to sit there, it’s just a freaking table, what’s the deal” Shownu frowned. 

 

“Didn’t I tell you to take note of the rich people in school, don’t step on their tails, study hard, train hard and let’s just graduate without any dramas!? I’m already in year 3 and now you got me in trouble” Bora whined as she carefully rub a hard boil egg over the corner of Shownu’s mouth. 

 

“I didn’t ask you to step in” Shownu muttered.

 

“What?! Am I suppose to watch you get kicked in your face without helping you!? You know I promised your Hyung that I will take care of you-“ Bora got cut off my Shownu. 

 

“Ya ya ya. Hyung left you noona . He left us! Move on will you” Shownu rolled his eyes. 

 

“He did not leave us, he went to provide for us, so I need to be the one taking care of you” Bora looked sad.

 

“Don’t make yourself sound so old, I don’t need you to take care of me. I’m a grown man, you are only 2 years older than me, don’t act all mother alright” Shownu rebutted. 

 

“I am your noona, so you are MY responsible, and if not for me, you might be in the hospital now!” Bora shoved the egg at Shownu and he winced in pain. “Hurry go, don’t be late for your class!” Bora stood up and left. 

 

‘Why do you only have eyes for Hyung, can’t you see I am a grown man now? Can’t I be the one taking care of you?’ Shownu thought to himself bitterly. 

 

— acting class 101— 

 

“Welcome to year 3  theatrical acting 101, for your final project this semester, I need you to script, edit and add in a new adaptation of Shakespeare’s famous Romeo and a Juliet. I have reviewed you last year’s final audition tapes, good job everybody. The roles have been assigned according to your capabilities showcased in your last year’s performance. I will be announcing your roles in this musical, any questions?” Teacher Lee said as she walked across the studio room.

 

The class fell silent, nervously anticipating their roles. 

 

“Lee Anjong, stage director” Lee said. 

 

The class applauded for him.

 

“We have 2 Script Writers, Oh Minho and Kang Sora.” Lee continued. Class applauded.

 

“Ricky Jung, art director” and she continued announcing the roles, some were dancers, actors, Singers, music director and the list goes on. There were about 25 students involved. 

 

‘Omg.... I hope I get Juliet... this will definitely help me to get in the royal ballet academy.... plaseeeeeee.” Bora shut her eyes and prayed.

 

“Next, taking the role Juliet..... Yoon Bora. She did an outstanding job in her last year’s dance project, so Bora, I expect you to add in some dance element into your character.” Lee smiled.

 

Bora sighed a sign of relieve, ‘one step closer to my dream.’ She thought. Her classmates congratulating her and she grinned. 

 

“Next up, taking the role Romeo.... Lay Zhang. He did a great job in singing so please put some singling elements into this character. Most importantly, I need you all to bring out your A game in acting. There will be agencies coming over to judge your final performance and that’s a good opportunity for you if you want to be an artiste.” Lee then continue to announce the rest of the roles.

 

‘I Guess I’ll be spending more time with you, bora.’ Lay thought to himself and flash a charming smile at Bora.

 

‘. No freaking way. God, why must you do this to me? Give me such a great role and put my enemy as my partner.....whyyyyyy.’ Bora rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

“Aish. So rude.” Lay muttered under his breathe.

 

“Ok, I am done, did I miss you anyone?” Lee said as she look up from her ipad. “Great, now I need you all to form into groups to start discussing about your final project. You have two hours to discuss, I will be back later.” Lee picked up her bag and left the studio.

 

“So.... hi nice to meet you, I’m lay” Lay approached Bora, hands reaching out for a handshake.

 

Bora looked at him, let out a scoff, “are you sure you want to be caught shaking a loser’s hand?” She stared at him defiantly. 

 

“It was a misunderstanding...I said it to-“ Lay explained but Bora cut him off.

 

“Oh sorry. You are the Kingka, I am just a poor student so I don’t deserve to talk to you. Don’t mind me Sir Lay.” Bora said sarcastically.

 

“Erm guys... Do you want to talk in private... seems like you guys got off at the wrong foot.” Anjong said. Looking at both of them. “In the meantime, Minho and Sora can work on the script.” They all left and it was only Lay and Bora left.

 

“I’m sorry for sounding like a jerk just now, I didn’t mean it. I only said that to pacify Chanyeol.” Lay looked intently at Bora.

 

“Well, what you said is true, you guys are of the same league. I don’t want to cause any troubles, so let’s just do this professionally and get it over and done with. We don’t need to be on good terms,  just need to act right?” Bo-ra smiled fakely at him.

 

“Deal” lay couldn’t be bothered. ‘So much for being nice... she is just too stuck up.’ He thought.

 

They joined their classmates and discussed about the performance. 

 

2 hours later, Teacher Lee came back.

 

“Guys, how is it going?” Lee strutted in to the studio. 

 

“Great... we are still working on the script.” Sora said.

 

“Take your time on that. I need the script by end of this week, so I can get the year 1 students to source for the props, stage effects and outfits. Year 1 students will be the stage assistants, they will be joining your rehearsals from next month onwards to help you.” Lee said. “Have you all found a partner yet?”

 

“Neh” the class replied.

 

“Bora and Lay, please come forward.” Lee gestured then to stand before the class. “I know it could be difficult to open to each other, so, from now till the end of school today, i want you to be handcuffed to each other, this will help you all get closer and understand each other more.” Lee said as she placed the handcuff on both of them.

 

‘What?!’ Bora thought, eyes widened.

 

‘that’s silly’ Lay thought.

 

Despite not wanting to do that, both of them did what teacher Lee told them to do without complains. Lee then proceed to hand the handcuffs to the class, where each partner got to be cuffed together. 

 

“4 more hours… Bora, you can do it” Bora mumbled.

 

“Lets just get it over and done with alright. Oh. I am meeting Chanyeol and Kai for lunch at the cafeteria though” Lay said as a matter of fact.

 

“Nooooooo. I don’t want to cause any troubles please. Could we just…. Skip lunch?” Bora whined.

 

“Chanyeol insisted that we need to discuss some urgent matter. It’ll be fine.” Lay assured her. 

 

“I guess today is my last day…” Bora muttered under her breathe.

 

— at the Cafeteria black table— 

 

“Just sit down… They will be here soon.” Lay pulled the chair out for Bora. 

 

“Just to let you know, if i die today, you are to blame.” Bora pouted. “Anyway, Ill be working on the dance choreography tonight, do you have any experience in modern dance?” 

 

“ah…. no.. I don’t want to be wearing tights and kicking around.” Lay rebutted.

 

“Can you not be so closed minded? I’ll try to make it simple for you… “ Bora said. 

 

“Can we scrape that? I can do pop dancing, hiphop.. just nothing ballet-ishh please.” Lay protested.

 

“I need it to be ballet-ishh, there will be people from royal ballet academy coming to watch our final performance, i really need to ace in it.” Bora flashed her puppy eyes at Lay. “Please…. I will do anything you want me to….” 

 

“Anything?” Lay asked sheepishly. 

“ Neh.” Bora nodded.

 

“Ok. I will cash that in next time. Promise?” Lay held out his pinky.

 

“Deal.” Bora hooked onto his pinky. 

 

“YAH. WHY IS THIS B**** HERE?!” Chanyeol stormed towards them.

 

“Chanyeol, calm down, its an assignment that Bora and I have to do, we are partnered together and today we need to spend the day together handcuffed.” Lay explained.

 

“Apologise to me now.” Chanyeol stared coldly at Bora.

 

Bora kept quiet and stared back at him.

 

“YAH! I said i will make you pay right. I’ll go to the headmasters now and expel you, you and the other filthy guy.” Chanyeol spun around and walked.

 

‘EXPEL?! No. Oppa worked so hard to get Shownu and me into this university. I can’t let him down.’ Bora panicked.

 

“Sorry! I am Sorry!” Bora shouted. 

 

“Now you’re scared? I guess you are no different from all those losers in school.” Chanyeol taunted. “Now… How should i make you pay?” 

 

“Please… What do you want me to do? I’ll do anything. Please don’t expel us.” Bora pleaded. 

 

“Lay.. What should I make her do?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“She has already apologised. Just let her off.” Lay replied.

 

“No way. She embarrassed me in front of so many people this morning, I’ll make sure she suffers the consequences. Okay, you’re now my slave, do everything i want you to do for me.” Chanyeol said.

“Sure. What do you want me to do?” Bora gritted her teeth. 

 

“Oh. what kind of attitude is that? Call me master.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Neh master.” Bora bowed down. ‘please kill me now’ she thought bitterly.

 

“Now that you are handcuffed with Lay, you can’t do much. anyway, I want you to buy breakfast for me tomorrow morning. Give me your phone” Chanyeol continued.

 

“Why?” Bora frowned.

 

“you mean why master….” Chanyeol added.

 

“Why master” Bora sighed.

 

“I want you to always. ALWAYS. answer my call and text. And be ready to fulfil anything i need.” Chanyeol said.

 

“How is that possible?! I have classes and jobs to do too!” Bora protested.

 

“That’s not my problem” Chanyeol said as he grabbed the phone from her and dialled his number in. He saved his number in her phone as MASTER. 

 

“What did I miss? what’s the important thing?” Kai said as he joined the group. He saw Bora but he did not acknowledge her. 

 

“Nothing much. Problems solved. I guess poor people cannot afford to be expelled. Don’t know how they can afford this school though… I thought it’s only for the elites.” Chanyeol replied and left the group. 

 

“What?” Kai looked at Lay, feeling lost.

 

“ Drama… “ Lay shook his head and continue to explain why is Bora handcuffed with him to Kai. 

- END -