Part18

My Secret Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blur that is the love of my life and his demonic father disappear from sight. 

I run over to the edge just in time to see them crash into the canopy of trees. 

The tree tops are nearly 100ft down.

I feel a soul-crushing weight on my back. 

I sit there, eyes never leaving the spot where they landed, until my father puts his hand on my shoulder, jerking me out of my trance. 

"Sweetheart, should we go look for them?" He asks.

"Why are you asking me?" I ask, and then I remember. I'm the Alpha now. 

I need to be strong.

But all of my strength fell over the cliff only minutes ago. 

I feel a new strength, a slight flick in my stomach. 

The baby. I realize that I need to be strong for this baby, the one thing that I have left of momo that can't be taken from me. 

I stand up, as confidently as possible, and address my pack. All of the Black Thorn soldiers had retreated back over the border.

"Send out search parties. We'll search as long as we need to until the bodies are found," I breathed in," dead or alive."

They all split up, leaving me, still on the cliffs edge, and my father. 

"Sweetheart? Are you alright?" 

I say nothing.

"I've never told you the truth about how your mother died."

I look at him.

"You were at rosé's. Your mother was on her daily border patrol. She was always so paranoid." He stifles a quiet laugh. 

"But tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter