Falling into pieces

Of Penguin, Food, and A Certain Blonde

In college, Momo doesn’t only learn about academics, but she also learned lessons about life. One most prominent was the incident that happened on her second year. She once heard a saying, that rumors are more exciting than the truth. And that was what she indulged herself into as a naïve teenage-turning-adult girl, listening to rumors by her classmates and club members, just because it was a fun thing to do.

But it wasn’t so when that particular day happened.

 

The first time she met Tzuyu, there’s no such thing as “hello, good morning sunbae” or a back-breaking deep bow. She already heard some “things” about Chou Tzuyu, the freshman with an attitude that screams bad all over. A cold arrogant chick, a snobbish foreigner, a teacher’s pet wannabe, you name it. When the tall girl was introduced as a replacement for a staff in the restaurant, Momo paid her no heed.

“She can fare well on her own. She speaks Korean, right?” Momo nonchalantly said as an excuse when Shindong requested Momo to be the girl’s mentor.

He was dumbfounded with the cold greeting, expecting the blonde to be the good senior she usually is to guide Tzuyu in terms of working, as well as fellow college students. Indeed, Momo can see the foreign transferee adapting well with the kitchen chores within a week with the help of others. In fact, she was rendered confused when everyone seems to get along well with the new girl. But not wanting to associate herself with the rumored freshman, she decided to mind her own business.

Until one evening after her dance meeting, when she found a group of students at the back of the building circling around a tall girl. She realized soon that it was Tzuyu, glaring down at the group with her cold stare. Her gut feeling tells her to go there and see what’s going on, but her mind screams for her to turn away and ignore them because she didn’t want to get in any more trouble than it is.

It’s tiring enough that she was already labeled as a troublemaker by her classmates when she was just an innocent bystander for that little prank went wrong. She did what she thought was best, for her, and leave.

That is, until Nayeon brought up about the kid when she got back late that night.

“She was badly injured when I found her.” Nayeon grimly said while taking off her jacket. “Thank god I passed by the building that time.”

It didn’t sit well with Momo knowing the girl was harmed by the group when she could prevent that from happen. But it’s not her problem that the first year is prone to be the target of violence from those people… right?

“You guys work at the same place, right? I think she needs to rest for a few days so can you inform Shindong-oppa about it?”

Momo watched with furrowed eyebrows as if the senior was telling her the most incredulous thing she had ever heard. She wasn’t even on speaking terms with Tzuyu so how the hell Nayeon knows about the freshman working with her?

Probably sensing her confusion, Nayeon let out a snort. “She greets me a few times when I had my late after-class dinner at the restaurant. Funny how you never mentioned about her though, knowing how much you both resembled each other, coming from another country and all…”

Momo quickly cut the older off, not liking the implication she shared with the freshman. “Why are you so concerned about her?”

“Why not?” Nayeon raised an eyebrow, before her face softens with a warm smile. “Everyone deserves a little bit of kindness in their life, don’t you think?”

That struck something within Momo.

It was only then that she realized how awful she had been to the new kid without any reason to. Momo had stoop so low just because of some baseless rumors, when she knows fully well she can do better than that. That Chou girl deserves so much more than what people said about her. She thanked Nayeon before going to sleep, the senior laughing at her abruptness before turning off the lights.

It took less than a week when she saw Tzuyu again, but the situation was worse this time. With her still bandaged hand and split lip, the girl was once again involved in another fight. There was already a crowd surrounding the scene, some holding up their phones to record the amusing scene while others howling out inappropriate reactions to the fight. Momo didn’t want to be in the receiving end of the punches and possible suspension by the dean, but Nayeon’s words were ringing in her ears.

 

“Everyone deserves a little bit of kindness in their life, don’t you think?”

 

Thankfully, the fight didn’t end with them riding the ambulance straight to the ER. Momo didn’t suffer anything less than a bruised shoulder and arm, but Tzuyu had it worse. She was seen limping on her left leg with more scratches decorating her pretty face as they were ushered to the disciplinary room. In the middle of interrogation by the counselor, a small girl rushes inside and points to the aggressor who started everything.

“Miss Jo, Tzuyu is innocent! She was actually defending me against the group of seniors.”

After a more detailed explanation by the victim of bullying named Son Chaeyoung, Momo and Tzuyu were dismissed just an hour after lunch break, both of them were told to go back and reflect on their actions for the day.

Momo turns to the limping girl, feeling bad with her already injured condition. She can feel her stomach growling for food; the girl must be too.

“Tzuyu, right?”

The first year raised her head, before giving a slow hesitant nod. “Yes, sunbae.”

Momo smiled, not expecting a polite and timid answer coming from the rumored freshman with y attitude.

“Are you alright?”

Tzuyu shrugs, touching her face with a wince before a strained smile appeared on her face. “Nothing I can’t manage.”

 Momo responded with a nod before leading them to an empty bench on the courtyard outside the academic building. She inspects Tzuyu’s injuries, finding nothing serious than a few scratches and bruises. She noticed a small wound with dried blood on Tzuyu’s knee that needs proper care.

“Wait here. I’m going to get something for that wound.”

She ran to the college mart, finding everything she needs inside along with some food to satiate their hunger. She tends to Tzuyu’s injury with her basic knowledge of first aid, satisfied with the small patch up she did. Rummaging through the plastic bag, Momo drops a packed lunch on the girl’s lap while she takes a seat beside her, a packet of cream-filled croissant on her hand. She didn’t have enough money to buy a proper meal; the bread would suffice for now. She can bribe Nayeon for a dinner treat later.

As she was about to tear open the packet, she realized the tall girl eyeing her intently. 

“What?”

“I don’t feel like eating.”

She raised the packed lunch and passes it back to Momo. Rolling her eyes, the blonde was about to give the first year an earful of scolding but the latter soon points a finger to her bread.

“Can I have that instead, sunbae?”

Momo blinked a few times, before a chuckle bubbled up . She happily exchanged their late lunch, at the same time exchanging pleasantries with one another. Tzuyu wasn’t that bad after all, she admits. It only takes a bit of kindness to see the tall girl in a different light, and Momo was really glad she took that opportunity.

 

That time, she learned that believing rumors is nothing more than a waste of time and effort. There is always two side of the story, just like how Tzuyu has a poker face by nature but is actually quite timid, or how she was so blunt in talking because she still has difficulty with some Korean words which caused her to have some riffs with the seniors, or how she was actually protecting Chaeyoung from the senior who decided it’s fun to mess with the newcomers because of their gullibility.

Similar to the misunderstanding that happened that night Mina came knocking to her room with Nayeon practically wrapped over her body.

She takes a deep breath from the memory. Now that she’s the one on the receiving end, Momo doesn’t know what to feel about it, especially when it’s affecting her relationship with Mina that was just beginning to bloom.

She checks her phone again for the nth time that day, the messages she sent still showing a single tick. She’s still being blocked by Mina and she can’t find other means to contact her other than making her presence known to the vice president. So here she is waiting outside the SC room, peeking through the small slit of the window to find Mina’s presence inside.

What she saw made her stomach lurched.

She can clearly see Mina’s side-profile from her position, but she didn’t expect to see her laughing. It seems like Johnny was saying something funny that makes her girl laugh in amusement. Her whole body sags from the sight, chest clenching an odd sensation that makes her want to lash out.

Her eyes widen when everyone finally stand on their feet, the door swinging open as people leave one by one. She slips herself inside, only to be met with a wide-eyed Johnny. She was about to barged through him but the guy quickly grabs her arm and pulls her outside.

“What the heck –”

“If you’re here to see Mina, save it.”

“Who are you to stop me from seeing Mina?”

Momo was about to push him away but the look on Johnny’s face screams terrified and he is a bit paler than the usual. He drags the hesitant Momo to a corner, eyes warily watching behind him.

“Listen.” He holds her shoulder with quivering eyes. “You’re not gonna get anything by barging in like a mad man so might as well calm your down first.”

Momo gives him an incredulous look. “Why are you being–”

“Kind?” His forehead scrunched up, obviously disgusted with the thought. “Dude, I’m trying to save your here!”

“What do you mean?”

“Mina was ing me – damn, she was ing all of us just now!”

“Hey, language!” Momo scolded, which managed to calm down the freaked out president. “What are you talking about anyway? I clearly saw her laughing at your jokes just now.”

“Laughing? Yeah, she’s laughing like a psycho! Can’t you see her eyes shooting lasers with that creepy laugh?” He slightly shivered while shaking his head like a junkie under influence. “She’s creeping me out, man!”

“You’re seriously overreacting right now.”

“I don’t care the you said to me, but whatever happens between you and Mina, it has to be settled ASAP! It’s seriously affecting everyone’s mood, Hirai! We’re at the mercy of her sane mind, damn it!”

Suddenly, Momo felt a menacing presence on her back. She sees how Johnny’s expression morphed into a horrified one, with droplets of cold sweat appearing on his forehead. She turns around, only to gulp in fear. It was the sharpest glare she had ever seen coming from her Mina. Her sweet, demure and adorable Mina. Just as she had mustered some courage to talk to her, the girl had her heels and marched away from them.

Being blatantly ignored hurts, but what makes it more heartbreaking was the way Mina avoids her eyes, as if she wasn’t there in the first place.

 

*

 

Momo finds Mina again by a table on the courtyard. But she is not alone this time; Sana is talking to her while Tzuyu attentively listen with an open book on her lap. The blonde makes long strides towards them, catching Sana’s attention who immediately gave her a deep scowl. Figures, of course she will take Mina’s side in this situation. As she approaches them, Tzuyu stood up and block Momo from nearing the table. The blonde tries to wiggle her way around but the firm clutch on her shoulder makes it impossible.   

“Unnie, stop.”

Momo looks up, slightly annoyed, before stepping aside and ignoring the tall giant. Tzuyu shakes her head as she mutters a small apology and forcefully drags the senior away with her brute strength. She disregards Momo’s whining and protest, practically hauling the blonde raccoon to a large tree near the parking lot.

She pushes Momo to sit, the girl fall on her bum with a loud groan.

“What happened?”

“Nothing happen.” Momo avoids Tzuyu’s questioning gaze, only to hear a sigh, a disappointed one, coming from the younger.

“I don’t like liars, unnie.”

Momo squeezed her eyes shut, her lips making a line. “It’s just a misunderstanding, okay? Look, if you would only let me talk to Mina-”

“No. I’m not letting you leave until you tell me what happened.”

Her eyes finally fell on Tzuyu, the usually poker face feigns a worried expression. Momo takes a deep breath. “It’s just something stupid.”

“Mina-unnie wouldn’t be this upset because of just something stupid. You know her more than I do.”

Momo dips her head low, avoiding Tzuyu's concerned eyes. Of course it’s nothing stupid, but she can’t seem to tell Tzuyu that it was all a misunderstanding. A really big, stupid misunderstanding on her part.  

She heard the younger sigh, “It’s fine if you don’t want to talk. But you should give Mina-unnie some space right now.”

“No!” She exclaimed, catching Tzuyu surprised. “I need to talk to her! Please, Tzuyu-ah...”

Momo knows the more she prolongs this problem, the harder for her to mend back what had cracked between them. Just like a small fracture of a glass, slowly spreading with more pressure to form cracks, later breaking to pieces. She needs to lift the pressure, and she needs to do it fast before one of them breaks and suffer the consequences.

“Momo-unnie? Hold on, where are you–”

She runs away before Tzuyu could stop her, before Mina slips away from her again. She needs to explain everything to Mina because that’s all that matters.

Mina is the only one that matters.

 

*

 

Momo doesn’t want to admit it, but when she’s in trouble or stressed out of her mind, there’s only one person to go to; the giggling machine, also known as her childhood friend. Also, unwillingly, the only best friend she has since they were kids. She might claimed that Sana was the one following her around all the time, even to the extent of travelling to South Korea together, but the truth was far from that.

When Sana showed up at her room with a pamphlet of her selected college, Momo was utterly shocked. She never expected the clingy girl to choose a place out of their hometown, let alone in another country. Momo really believed Sana had hit her head really hard when she fell down the stairs of the stage during their high school graduation day, prompting the girl to make the rash decision without her say.

Unexpectedly, when Sana asked her to join with her adventurous escapade of studying while travelling, the blonde agreed without a beat. She reasoned to her parents that Sana’s prone to accidents and is directionally-challenged, while Momo will have better exposure in her course after deciding to follow her grandmother’s advice. There might be the slightest chance that Momo does in fact felt lonely and sad after the news was brought up to her, but there’s no way she will admit it directly to Sana.

 

“Aww, you love me too much to be separated from me.” Sana mimicked a crying face, the blonde responded with a disgusted look.

“Who? Me?” Momo scoffed. “I was over the moon when you told me you’re going away to South Korea.”

Sana made a sound that seems too annoying for Momo’s liking, before giggling happily and pulling the reluctant blonde into a crushing hug.

“Let’s have each other’s back this time too, okay?”

Momo glanced up to Sana’s expectant face, slowly nodding with a low mumble. “As always.”

 

She might not admit it, but Momo really need Sana right now. She’s the only one that can talk some sense into Mina, considering they know each other well enough to share secrets and Momo’s embarrassing moments as bedtime story. So here she is speed-walking down the hallway of the faculty of communication to find the shiba inu. Sana’s class has already ended by now, she hoped she can catch her before the girl disappears to her favourite past time activities, whatever that is.

Her face lit up when she spot Sana leaning by the locker, talking to someone that looks fairly well like Dahyun. Her steps slowed when she notice the blush covering Dahyun’s fair complexion, her bestfriend being rather affectionate with her flirty grin. Momo knows that sheepish look; Dahyun is still infatuated with Sana. Her eyes widen when out of nowhere, Sana plants a kiss on Dahyun’s cheek which lasted longer than the usual friendly one she used to give them.

She increased her pace when the junior turns around, leaving Sana smiling to herself. It’s not her business, but she feels the need to confront Sana about it before another damage is done. Without warning, Momo yanks her towards a secluded area, away from curious eyes.

“Oww- Yah, what the hell?!” Sana exclaimed after she was released, rubbing her wrist that was gripped with a bit too much force.

But Momo doesn’t apologize; she went straight to the point with hushed whisper and a deep scowl. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Me?” Sana gives her an incredulous look, “Can you be a little more specific? You suddenly appear out of nowhere and drag me here without even a hello, and suddenly I was asked what I’m doing right now?” She shakes her head in disbelief. “What is wrong with you?”

The blonde ignores Sana’s lengthy chide, her glare hardening. “Why are you flirting with Dahyun?”

Sana’s mouth was agape, her eyebrows knitted together. “Flirting? I’m just hanging out with my friend, Momo. How can you call that flirting?”

“I saw you kissed her!”

“On the cheek, Mo! Damn it, what the hell is wrong with you?”

“Everything is wrong!”

Momo’s voice raised a note, causing her childhood friend to flinch. The blonde was never one to lose her calm, always the level-headed one among them so when Momo got mad, it means she’s really upset. Seeing her friend’s stunned expression, Momo released a deep huff.

“Look, you shouldn’t hang out with Dahyun.”

“Ehh?” Her forehead furrowed deeper. “What do you mean I shouldn’t hang out with Dahyun?”

“It’s for your own good. Believe me, Sana.”

“You want me to believe you?” Momo nodded from Sana’s questioning gaze, only for the latter to let out a scoff. “Should I believe you about that night too? About what happened between you and Mina?”

“Hey, this isn’t about Mina and me!”

“Oh yeah? Did you know that ever since your fight with Mina, she’s been cooped in her room crying all night? I tried so hard to get her to talk, only to know you cheated on her with Nayeon!” Momo winced from the raised voice, her jaw gritting as she tried to stop herself from lashing back. “How could you do this, Momo? You’re not only betraying Mina but you’re betraying me!”

“That was just –”

“A misunderstanding? Yeah, a typical excuse of a sore loser.” She a finger on Momo’s chest, causing the blonde to stumble backwards. “I’ve lost you, my partner for life, who was supposed to be around when I need someone. I even lost Tzuyu who, hell, always out of reach these days. I only have Dahyun, my bestfriend, who willingly listen to my rants, and suddenly you want me to stay away from her, for my own good?”

Sana shakes her head when Momo ducks her head in guilt, her flaring red eyes staring down the blonde with so much disappointment.

“Move aside.”

“Sana, it’s not what –”

“Drop it. I don’t want to hear anymore excuses from you so move!”

Their shoulders bumped, making Momo flinched to the side as Sana stomps away, heels clacking furiously on the tiled floor. Momo gripped her fists tight, trying to stop the green monster from erupting. Instead, she yells the one thing she shouldn’t have.

“Dahyun has feelings for you!”

The sound of clacking stopped. Sana turns to the blonde with teary eyes, her lips tightly pressed together. With a slight shake of her head, she spat to the blonde in resentment.

ふざけんな!”  [Screw you!]

 

*

 

Her meeting with Sana didn’t go well, and her determination dropped so drastically, she loses her will to continue. It didn’t help when another blunder popped up in the form of a warning letter by the faculty.

A warning letter for her absenteeism.

It’s been a few days since she became the frequent visitor of the library. No, she’s not here to study or to make up for the skipped classes. In fact, it was far from it. She feels like it is the best place to hide and be by herself, being the number one spot for students to avoid except during examination week. She’s sitting on the carpeted floor at the back section with rows of encyclopedias, away from any humans presence or source of light as she hid herself in the dim corner. Her favorite hiding spot for an afternoon nap or evening snack.

She blankly stared at the crumpled red paper in her hand, eyes staring blankly on the big bold wordings. The letter gradually slipped from her fingers, falling unceremoniously on the floor between her feet, along with her will to continue fighting. Fighting to survive in this college, fighting for her falling grades, fighting for her internship spot in that restaurant, fighting for her trust from a friend, but most of all, fighting for her love for Mina.

Or was it the other way? Yes, she doesn’t know her priorities anymore.

She feels like the whole world is mocking her, disappointed with the way she’s handling things, or handling herself. Rather than solving her problems, she chose to run away, hiding behind the rows of books that seem to be the cause of her miseries. Sana was her last hope to rekindle with Mina, but it seems the universe had decided to put a break on her streak of good fortune.

Momo leans her head back on the shelf, taking a deep breath to clear away the dark clouds floating above her head. But she feels more suffocated, as if a weight is pressing down on her chest when she realized her current fate as a failing, probably barred student.

She had thought of it many times before, of dropping out of college and spares the torture of attending early morning classes or even read a page of that thick physiology book. She would have fared well just working at a restaurant somewhere in town, renting a small room in a worn down apartment and eating stale instant noodles every day. Being a porter at a high-end restaurant would suffice too, Momo can get used to be ordered around, at least until she has enough money to buy a ticket back to Japan.

That is, if she can handle the wrath of being cursed by her grandmother’s wandering soul and her parents’ high hopes to see their only daughter getting the scroll of their dream.

She lets out a snort; how pathetic she is right now as she laments on her pitiful, hopeless state. She takes out her phone, receiving a text from one of her classmates asking for her whereabouts. Of course she would skip the on-going class, because there’s nothing else she can fight for when her bleak future is already laid before her eyes in the form of total failure. Let’s be real, though. Who cares about a freaking class when she has a freaking heartbreak right now?

Her thumb unconsciously pressed on the gallery app, a sole picture of Mina popping up on the screen. She stares at the pixilated picture with a lop-sided smile, the only picture she has of the vice president that she stole saved after their first chat session. She was elated that day to see the display picture, indicating that Mina had saved her contact. Thank god she decided to screenshot it too, because her number was blocked by the penguin after that night. They didn’t have the chance to take a selca or a picture together because Mina is allergic to camera, much to Momo’s chagrin. Even with the inexcusable quality of a picture, Mina still appears breathless and perfect. She's contented enough to feel Mina's presence with her during the times she misses the penguin.

Apparently, she’s missing her with every breath she takes, and that’s just cruel for a girl who just barely had to experience love for the first time in her life. 

“That’s cute.”

Momo whips her head to the voice, a grinning Jihyo peeking at her phone screen. The latter raised her head, only to muffle a laugh from Momo’s pale and shocked expression. The blonde gave her an offended look, her chest heaving from Jihyo’s sudden appearance.

“It’s just me, okay? Not a ghost.”

“Thank you for clearing that up for me.” Momo rubs a hand over her face to rid off the fright brought by the wide-eyed Thomas who had miraculously appeared by her side.

“How long have you been here?”

“Long enough to read through your warning letter.”

Momo gives a betrayed look to the shrugging girl who took the abandoned paper by her feet, giving it another read before sighing heavily. Momo snatched the letter, folding it without a care before shoving it inside her sling bag.

“What are you doing here?”

“Have you seen Tzuyu? She’s been skipping on our tutoring lesson.”

“No.” Momo raised her shoulders in disinterest. She had cut contact with everyone, not in the mood to have interaction with anything human. She heard a long hum coming from the girl, before silence envelope them. Momo feels movement beside her, glancing at her side to see Jihyo stretching her legs outwards to get comfortable.

“How are you holding up?”

“Just peachy.”

“Like your name?” The blonde snorts, a grin appearing on Jihyo’s face.

“You’re gonna roast me too?”

“Why?”

Momo swallowed her spit, the name barely came out in a whisper. “Because of Mina…”

Another hum, but it was more of a questioning tone. Rustling sound of plastic filled the quiet place, a small packet of gummies appeared on Jihyo’s lap.

“I don’t know what happen between you two, so I’m not sure what to say.” The packet was ripped open with a small pop. “But there’s always a second chance in everything.”

Momo scrunched her forehead, “Why?”

“What?”

“Everyone’s avoiding me since I’m the bad guy, and you’re like Mina’s mother Teresa who guards her all the time. Aren’t you gonna say I’m at fault too?” A pained smile etched on her face, her voice struggled to sound nonchalant when it's obviosly breaking.

“I’m not one to judge people easily.” She put the snack on Momo’s lap, a gentle smile etched on her face. “But I believe both of you deserve an explanation.”

Jihyo gives a few pat of encouragement to the blonde, using her shoulder as a leverage to stand up. She walks away, leaving Momo baffled to her words. She suddenly turns around with both hands covering .

“I’m still a MiMo shipper so, fighting!” It was suppsoed to be a whisper, but it sounded like a normal speaking voice of Jihyo, earning the latter a warning hush from one of the nerd students.

It took a minute for Jihyo’s words to dawn on her, a silent chortle bubbling up from the encouragement she just received. Guess she really is GodJihyo as people claimed, Momo admits to herself.

She takes the gummy with a lopsided smile. “MiMo, huh?”

 

*

 

The next day, Momo almost missed her afternoon class, arriving just an hour before it ends. The professor gave her a disapproved look but still took her attendance since she’s one of his favorite students. Momo gladly jot down some notes despite the lecture almost finishing, her eyes couldn’t stop glancing at the paper bag she brought along. Talking with Jihyo had made her realized the main reason why Mina had fallen for her in the first place.

It’s a long shot, but Momo trust her instinct, her skills, to make Mina forgive her.

She was such in a rush to prepare the food, her small fridge scarce of ingredients. She tried to make do with what she has, improvising at its best, and hopefully the home-cooked meal and dessert will be the peacemaker between Mina and her.

She blows into her hands to keep them warm, the evening air getting slightly colder since it’s nearing winter. Her legs bounced together to keep the chill at bay as she cast a glance in trepidation at the lobby entrance each time a student walk out. She quickly jumps on her feet at the sight of the penguin appearing from the door.  

“Mina!”

Knowing the familiar voice, the vice president ignores it by looking straight ahead and quickening her pace. Momo managed to catch up, snatching her arm to a stop.

“Hey...”

“What?”

Momo gulped, terrified from Mina’s grudging tone. She lifts the paper bag with a strained smile.

“Here, for you.”

“Not hungry.” She responded without a beat, before stepping aside to leave. Momo quickly ran after her, holding Mina’s arm to stop the latter from ignoring her again.

“Wait, please just– listen to me, please?”

“There’s nothing else to say. I’ve seen everything with my own eyes.”

Momo desperately clings to the arm slightly tugging to be released. “It was a misunderstanding, Mina. Please, let’s talk about this and let me explain.”

“Let go of me.”

It feels like forever, but she finally managed to meet eyes with Mina. However, they weren't the same pair Momo came to love; she's glaring back, dark circles and weariness apparent. She sees glint of remorse and sadness, of betrayal and disappointment. Momo can feel them, Mina made sure she conveys her inner turmoil by her pair of beautiful soft eyes that had lost the warmth they usually emits.

It was because of Momo; she did that.

Her grip loosen, Mina taking the chance to pull away and step aside to leave. Her retreating figure snaps Momo out of her trance as she runs after the vice president. No, she can't stop now. This is her only chance; Momo has to make things right again. It's now or never.

“Mina, I’m begging you–”

 

 PAK!

 

Momo was stunned. A stinging pain slowly spread on her skin, her cheek getting warm from the unexpected slap. She glanced at her empty hand, the paper bag she held was thrown on the floor, the content spilled on the dirty ground.

“M-Mina…”

Her eyes blurry, her chest twinged.

“I’ve had enough”

She heard a crack inside.

“I don’t want to see you anymore, Hirai.”

Her heart throbs, incessantly shattering with every beat. It pains to breathe, choking with every inhale. Her fingers loss the sensation, she can’t feel the cold at all.

For the first time in her life, Momo feels the ache of a broken heart still in love.

 

 


A/N:

Yes, I know MiMo just happened today, but I need to update this because I wanted to, tehee. This chapter is not as good as I thought it would be, but it works out in the end I guess? What are your thoughts?

Side note: [ふざけんな] read as [fu-za-ken-na] which literally means "Don't mess around" or "You're kidding me" or any of the offensive sound-alike that goes *beep* so you can imagine Sana actually spews an F word but there's no such thing in Japanese but I want to make it relatable so... there you go?

Spoiler: Next chapter we will talk about a raccoon and her penguin partner from the perspective of a certain star wars character *wraaaghhrr*

Thank you for reading and take care! ^^