days of you in orange hues

all the things i wanted to say (tumble out of my lips)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

txt's taehyun x itzy's chaeryeong

There’s a big, bright orange stain on her plain white uniform blouse and a red, hot blush making its way to her cheeks. She’s fuming on the inside, it’s been five minutes and a dozen wet wipes later but the stain still won’t come off.

 

She runs a hand through her hair and sighs in frustration; lips trembling and tears pooling at the corner of her eyes. It’s okay, it’s okay, she tries to reassure herself. The pile of wet wipes is dumped into the bin beside the sink. She looks at her reflection in the girl’s comfort room mirror and the first thing she sees is the Fanta stain on her uniform courtesy of Kang Taehyun.

 

It was crowded today in the cafeteria and Chaeryeong had just finished her lunch when the disaster happened. She tries not to think too much about it, she had looked like a fool in front of the whole school.

 

She bites her bottom lip, maybe I can skip the afternoon classes and go home. She can’t possibly walk around school for the remainder of the day with that stain and after the humiliation she brought upon herself at the cafeteria. Wait, I still have that Biology quiz today. God damn it -

 

Chaeryeong is this close to having a fit when a knock distracts her from breaking down.

 

She turns her head towards the door and wonders who the hell would knock in a public school comfort room. She ignores it at first but when the knocks continue to come in a series and grow louder, she sighs and walks over to check if she had locked the door accidentally.

 

She didn’t. Taehyun stood at the other side of the door with a worried frown and an apologetic look that throws Chaeryeong aback a little.

 

“Oh, man,” he says disdainfully as his eyes travel down the front of her school uniform. “I’m so sorry, Chaeryeong.”

 

She holds back a gasp and tries not to squeal, he knows my name! out loud. She opens but no words come out, she’s not sure what to say or how to feel at the moment.

 

Taehyun on the other hand looked very much concerned and Chaeryeong almost feels touched. “I don’t think that’s going to come off unless you use laundry soap.” He says, eyes still trained on the stain he made. “I’m really sorry, I tried asking my classmate and friends for a spare uniform blouse but they didn’t have one. Take this instead.”

 

Chaeryeong blinks once, twice, thrice. Just to make sure she wasn’t seeing or hearing things. Taehyun had extended out his arms and offered her a hoodie. And did he say he asked his friends if they had a spare uniform for her?

 

“Oh, I –“ again, she is left speechless because she hadn’t expected this. Still, she takes the hoodie from his hands and realizes that this belonged to him, she’s seen him wear it around a few times over the years that they had been school mates. “Is it… really okay if I borrow this?”

 

“What? Of course!” he says instantly. He tries for a small smile and Chaeryeong hates the fact that she’s blushing for a different reason now. “You can even keep it if you want, I’m sorry if it kind of stinks though. I just keep this in my locker incase when it rains and I don’t have a jacket or umbrella with me. I – umm, it’s the best I could find to help you with the stain.”

 

She hugs the clothing against her chest and the smell of lemon-scented fabric conditioner and men’s cologne wafts to her nostrils. “Thank you so much.”

 

Taehyun visibly eases and takes a step back, hands in his pockets and a wider smile on his chiseled face. She thinks he’s just relieved she’s not mad at him, but he’s given her no reason at all to be so. Not when he went out of his way just to check on her and give her his hoodie.

 

If we’re talking about the disaster that had occurred earlier, it started like this: Chaeryeong was eating lunch with her classmates and finished earlier than the rest because she wanted to review for that Biology quiz. The cafeteria was packed with students, elbows hitting elbows and feet scuffling forward just get a place in line.

 

Someone, curse whoever that was, bumped into her from behind and the force of the impact had her flying face-forward to the ground, she had seconds to register what was about to happen so she grabbed onto something – only that something was someone and that someone just happened to be Kang Taehyun – during her panic of falling down to cushion her fall or just stop it altogether.

 

The latter part happened, but she wished she just fallen on the floor instead. She grabbed onto Taehyun’s arm which caused him to spill his Fanta soda drink all over her uniform and Taehyun, probably due to the force Chaeryeong exerted, fell sideways on the floor beside the pool of wasted orange soda. The cafeteria went dead silent and Chaeryeong felt a hundred pair of eyes all land on her and she panicked. Then she bolted to the girl’s comfort room.

 

“Chae! Where have you been?” Ryujin rushes forward when Chaeryeong enters their classroom, she had been hovering outside the door a few seconds ago, wondering what their reaction would be if they saw her. Would they laugh? Would they taunt her? Turns out, they just give her a couple of side glances and malicious snickers but nothing more than that. She sighed in relief. “Where did you get this hoodie?”

 

Chaeryeong looked down at the black and blue hoodie Taehyun had given to her. It was a little big, but the cloth was comfy and she was glad for the cool temperature today. “Taehyun gave it to me.”

 

“Oh, that’s why it looked familiar.” Ryujin said, taking a seat beside Chaeryeong. She nodded like it was normal but then the realization dawned on her and she he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter