002

Something More?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was currently having a battle with his eyelids. They wanted to close but he repeatedly forced them to stay open. Today's lecture had been very boring for him. While Kyungsoo majored in Culinary Arts, he also chose to minor in biology since he found the subject fascinating. He loved things like genetics and evolution and he knew that he wanted to do something with it if he never fulfilled his dream of becoming a professional chef but the likelihood of that was very low. But he believed you should always have a backup plan which is where a degree in biology comes in handy.

He was two seconds from completely giving in to sleep when he felt something shift next to him. Normally, Kyungsoo would attend this class with his friend Yixing since he also took this course since he was going to school to be a doctor. But Yixing had told him prior to the class he would be missing today for personal reasons and no one usually sits by them so he was confused as to why he would feel movement. 

He opened his eyes and turned his head to see a stranger sitting next to him. The stranger was handsome to Kyungsoo. He had strong features and what pointed out to Kyungsoo was his more tan skin. Kyungsoo wondered why out of all seats he had chosen to sit next to him when there are plenty of empty spaces around the lecture hall. 

He was lost in his thought when he heard a whisper come from the stranger. "Hey, um, do you mind if I borrow a sticky note from you? I seem to have forgotten mine." Kyungsoo nodded his head and reached towards his pouch to look for his pack of sticky notes. He quickly tore one from his stack and handed it to the stranger. "Here you go." The stranger smiled back at him in gratitude for his actions. "Thanks for the note. By the way, I'm Jongin. Kim Jongin." The now known boy outstretched his hand towards Kyungsoo in an attempt to shake it. In an attempt to not be rude, Kyungsoo reciprocated the handshake. "Kyungsoo. That's my name. How come I've never seen you here before Jongin?" He could have sworn he has seen everyone in the class before but has surprisingly never come across Jongin. "It's because I just transferred here from my previous college. I major in dance but this school has a way better program than my old university, so I decided to move universities." Kyungsoo nodded his head in acknowledgment. That's why he has never seen him before. 

Class ended shortly after with Kyungsoo and Jongin talking for the remainder of it. Jongin seemed like an interesting guy and Kyungsoo was hoping to see more and more of him in the future. The two then packed up their things and walked out of class together. It was Kyungsoo's lunch period and he was going to head to the cafeteria to see Chanyeol and his friends. 

The two were so caught up in their conversation that Kyungsoo didn't notice Chanyeol waiting for him outside of the lecture hall until he heard a voice call him from behind. "Soo! How are you just going to pass me like that?" Kyungsoo shot his head back in the direction he heard Chanyeol's voice and quickly walked back to where Chanyeol was standing, Jongin following him from behind. "I'm so sorry, Yeol. I forgot you were coming to pick me up today from class. I guess Jongin and I got caught up in what we were talking about." He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment for forgetting about Chanyeol. "Oh! Um, Chanyeol, this is Jongin. He is majoring and dance and minoring in biology like me. Jongin, this is Chanyeol, he is majoring in music." Chanyeol reached his hand out to shake Jongin's which the latter gratefully reciprocated. "It's nice to meet you, Chanyeol. I hope we can become friends since hopefully Kyungsoo and I will be hanging out more often." He then changed his gaze from Chanyeol to Kyungsoo. The smaller looking back and forth from the two.

"Hey, I would love to stay and hang out with you two, but my next class is dance so I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo nodded his head in agreement and waved goodbye as he saw Jongin head off in the opposite direction that he and Chanyeol were heading. 

"Jongin seems cool. And it obvious that he is totally interested in you Soo." Kyungsoo shook his head in disagreement with what Chanyeol said. "Yeol, not every male who isn't you or any of the guys is automatically interested in me. Trust me when I say he is not interested in me." Chanyeol widened his eyes in disbelief at what his friend was saying. "What are you talking about Soo? He is definitely interested in you. Did you not see the way he was staring at you? It was very obvious that he was interested in you." Kyungsoo still didn't want to believe the words that his best friend uttered. Personally, he thought that Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter