001

Something More?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A best friend can be described as one of the most valuable people a person could have in their life. Someone who they can trust with anything that they hold dear to them. Many people can say that they have a best friend but end up calling 5 other people the same thing. Am I to say that is wrong? Of course not. But a true best friend is the who stays with you for a long time and without them, that special place for them in your heart, will never be filled the same. And for Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo, a true best friend is what they are for eachother. 

Flashback

Young Kyungsoo had just got released from a long class period to finally get to his favorite time of the day, recess. Where he was able to roam the playground with friends, rock back and forth on his favorite swings, and anything a 3-year-old could do at a playground. Today, he decided to play a game of tag with friends. It was a breezy autumn afternoon and a nice game of tag seemed perfect for the mood. Kyungsoo had been chosen as the tagger for the round they were playing but he wasn't mad, he liked chasing people around and being the tagger.

It was 30 seconds into the game and Kyungsoo had managed to get 3 of his friends out and was down to the last runner. It was none other than his friend Baekhyun. Baekhyun was always the last one to catch because of his speed, how mischevious he was, and his ability to easily avoid people.

"Just wait till I get you Baek!" Kyungsoo yelled while he chased Baekhyun around but chose not to give up and stayed persistent in getting him out. "And when will that be, 1000 years?! You'll never catch me." Baekhyun responded while also sticking his tongue out at the latter to provoke him. And it worked. Kyungsoo was starting to get more upset and determined to catch his beagle-like friend.

The gap between the two kept getting wider bit by bit, with Kyungsoo gradually becoming more and more exhausted from chasing his friend. That was until he saw Baekhyun trip over a stick and fall over onto the grass. He quickly caught up to his friend and happily tapped his friend on the shoulder. "Tag! You're it, Byun." He then took off and started running the oppsite direction of where Baekhyun was, laughing as he saw his friend chasing him back from behind him. 

He had his head looking behind him that he didn't notice the boy playing in the dirt infront of him until it was too late. Wham! Kyungsoo closed his large doe eyes in preparation for a hard fall but was surprised when his face didn't meet with the harsh ground. Instead, he opened his eyes to see the face of a strange boy he had never seen before. The two had somewhat engaged in a silent staring contest, not moving their gazes from eachother and not planning on it either. That was until he heard the familiar voice yelling, "Tag. Now you're it, Soo. Come get me!" Kyungsoo broke his gaze from the boy and quickly got back to reality realizing he was still on top of the strange looking boy.

"Sorry about that. I wasn't looking at where I was going." He said to the latter who hadn't taken his eyes off of him. He got no response from the new stranger. "Are you okay? I hope I didn't hurt you." Still nothing. He just continued to stare at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo took the time to look at the boy clearly. He had curly black hair that looked really soft. But the thing that stood out to him the most were his ears. For such a small kid, he had really big ears. It made him look like an elf.

"Anyways, I'm Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. And you are..." He looked expectantly at the elf-like ear boy. "Park Cha...." Kyungsoo couldn't pick up on what the boy said because he got quieter as he finished the name. "Can you repeat that? You got kind of quiet there at the end." He waited for the other to respond to him. "P-Park Chanyeol. That's my name." Kyungsoo had never heard of this name before. He must be new. "Well Chanyeol, looks like we're gonna be best friends."

Present Day

"Park Chanyeol I'm giving you one last chance!" Kyungsoo yelled at Chanyeol, he was this close to officially losing it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter