Moonrene- Highschool AU~ Part 2!

One-Shots of Anything You Want Me To Write

The Guest- Part Two

___________________________________________________

EmmaUnnie

 

Enjoy the cringy fluff~

 

Moonbyul jumped back from the window in shock, breathing heavily. How is this even possible? There’s no way she could be...

 “Byul? Is everything ok? Come on inside."

Moonbyul jumped again at the sound of her mother’s voice, coming from the open door. She didn’t even hear her mom open it. Byul’s mom chuckled. “You’re jumpy today. That exam must have been stressful...."

 Byul could only nod slowly. She stepped inside, took of her shoes, and put slippers on just like any other day. But it wasn’t just any other day. She couldn’t take it anymore. “Why...why is she here?”

That did not sound the same way it did in her head.

Seyoung stared at her daughter in awe. “...Sorry, Joohyun. Byul, this is Bae Joohyun, our guest. You used to play with her when you were young." 

Byul mouthed an apology but her mother just rolled her eyes. 

“Yes, I believe we go to the same school. It is very nice to meet you.” Joohyun said politely. Byul just stood there until Seyoung waved her hand in her face.

 “I-it’s nice to finally talk w- I mean meet you, yeah. Yeah.” There was an awkward pause before Seyoung spoke, confused and embarrassed with Byulyi’s strange attitude.

“Well,...you should go change, and I'll be preparing dinner. It's cheese tteokbokki tonight!" She nudged Byul with her elbow and strode towards the kitchen. She stood for a moment, trying to take it all in before walking briskly towards her room.

 

About an hour or so later, they ate a dinner of cheese tteokbokki (one of Byul's favorite dishes) and afterwards Byul excused herself "to study" in her room. But before she could scamper away, her mother inquired, "Byul-ah, you and Joohyun should do something fun together. What do you think, Joohyun?"

Byul's face went pale, just thinking about the absolute awkwardness that was to unfold.

"Yes, that would be lovely."

Byul held in a sigh and guided the smaller girl towards her bedroom. Thankfully, the ocean of clothes was cleaned up the previous day.

She opened her door to a spotless, medium-sized room full of Kpop band posters and photos, many, many photos. "Did you take all of these?" Joohyun asked. 

"...Yeah, I did. With my Polaroid. Do you like photography, unnie?"

Joohyun smiled sweetly. "I enjoy being in photos, but I like to take them sometimes."

Byul smiled, feeling accomplished to have finally learned one thing about this guest. "Would you like to see some on my phone?" Joohyun nodded. She sat down on a blue bean bag near her desk, and Joohyun stood for a moment, then sat on the floor next to her. "Oh, sorry. I only have one chair...the bag is probably wide enough for the both of us, though." Moonbyul mentally praised herself for not sounding awkward for more than five minutes.

"Oh..ok then." Joohyun plopped down next to Byul, and Byul was lifted into the air before she was sitting again, gasping. When she came back down, Joohyun bounced as well. 

There was silence for a split second which was quickly broken by laughing. The nervous tension was released, and Byul started acting just like she does with her friends, hoping to make the guest comfortable. She showed her a beautiful photo of a pink sunset above the ocean. "That's really good! You're a professional."

Moonbyul blushed and shook her head. "This one isn't nearly as good as the others," she said. They looked at her pictures for a few minutes before an idea popped into Byul's head. "Hey, do you like baking?"

"Yeah. Are you thinking about baking something?"

"How about...chocolate chip cookies?"

Joohyun made a thoughtful face, which Byul found to be slightly cute. "Can we..make them purple?"

"Purple? Sure, I like it."

"Let's bake some purple cookies!"

Byul's eyes lit up, and she sat up enthusiastically, causing the bean bag chair to sink on Joohyun's side since she was so lightweight. Before her back hit the floor, with supernatural reflexes Byulyi caught her waist. Joohyun gasped. How is this girl so handsome?

"T-thanks..."

"It was nothing...sorry for making you topple over.."

Joohyun stood up, shaking her head. "It's ok." She quickly turned around, trying to desperately to stop blushing.

____________________________________________

A wonderful fragrance of chocolate came from the kitchen. The two had successfully made a batch of chocolate ship--I mean, chip...--purple cookies.

After they cooled down, Byul gestured for her newfound friend to try the first cookie.

"With pleasure," she said, gently taking the unlucky cookie off the rack. Byul watched as she took a single bite, then practically shoved the whole thing in .

"Byul, dez are dewicious! Dy one!" She said-munched, happily grabbing one and raising it up to Byul's mouth. Byul chuckled lightly and took a bite. It was heavenly.

"This is heavenly! I didn't know I was this good..."

"You didn't know we we're this good." Joohyun corrected. Byul faked rolling her eyes in annoyance. She's not as intimidating as I thought she was, Byul thought, feeling a little guilty.

"Hey, uh, I'm sorry about my weird behavior earlier...my parent's didn't even tell me it was you that was coming."

Joohyun, who Moonbyul just noticed was quite close to her, set a reassuring hand on hers. "It's ok, don't worry about it." 

Byulyi just smiled shyly in return, her heart rat increasing over the unexpected contact. Why is my heart beating so fast...?

Joohyun reluctantly removed her hand and raised it up near Byul's face. Byul's hammering heart, impossibly, seemed to grow faster as she took a piece of purple chocolate chip off of her face and stuck in .

"Delicous." She said, her fingers. 

What K-drama is this?

Byul's face turned to the shade of a summer rose. "Byul-ah, you're face is seriously red. Do you have a fever?" Joohyun began to lift her hand towards the taller girl's forehead, but she backed away.

"No...no I'm fine."

Joohyun tilted her head, still feeling like something was wrong, but she didn't press the issue further.

She casually checked her watch. "It's getting late. Let's put these in a container." 

Byul tried to forget about the strange nervous feeling in her stomach. She thought her nerves went away but...this feeling felt different.

They put the cookies away in silence. Joohyun gave a quiet goodnight, and was about to walk away before Byul stopped her.

"Wait!" Byul exclaimed. Bae Joohyun turned around quickly, surprised at the sudden outburst.

"G-Goodnight." Byul, for the millionth time that day, mentally cursed herself. She was going to say something else but..she wasn't sure what.

"...Goodnight, Byul-ah." Joohyun said again, slightly amused. The both walked towards their own rooms, smiling softly at each other before closing the door.

Once inside, Byul immediately breathed a sigh of relief and fell back onto her bed, accidentally hitting the headboard. This time, she cursed out loud, but a big smile was basically stretched out across her entire face. She wasn't sure why, but she felt butterflies.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry it's so short! Part 3 is coming soon! Thank you for subscribing!! 

~The two girls will grow closer when they experience something very strange and interesting in Joohyun's room at 1:00 am, when something white and furry comes to visit...can you guess what it is?~