Moonsun- Coffee Shop AU

One-Shots of Anything You Want Me To Write

                                                              

 

                                                           

 

                                                                                                                   Rainy Days ⁝⁞⁝⁞ʕु•̫͡•ʔु☂⁞⁝⁝ 

                                                                      _________________________________________________________________

                                                                      EmmaUnnie~

 

"Here's an iced coffee with a caramel latte, and whipped cream."

 The black-haired barista said, giving a girl named Moonbyul and her friend Seulgi (as what was written on their cups) their drinks with a big smile. "Thank you. It looks beautiful." The blonde said, giving her the money and flirtatiously smiling. The barista found herself blushing at her girl's comment, somehow feeling like the compliment was directed at her.

"Oh, t-thank you. Enjoy your coffee." 

"You to--I mean, thank you. We will." Byul said, mentally facepalming herself and quickly leaving the counter with Seulgi.

"You weren't being greasy with that gorgeous barista, were you?" Kang Seulgi asked once they sat down at a small table.

Byul nonchalantly took a sip of her latte. "I don't know...why are you crushing on her?"

"Pssh, you know I have a girlfriend, Byul. It's obvious you were talking about her earlier."

The blonde girl simply smiled her gaze travelled towards the barista. "Did you see what her name was?"

"No. Looks like you were too busy checking her out to--"

"Shut up she's walking over here!" Byul whisper-yelled, a faint pink appearing on her face.

The barista shyly strode over to where they were sitting, and blushed again at the beautiful blonde's enchanting smile. "Um, the shop is about to close in a few min-"

Suddenly a loud rumble of thunder echoed throughout the shop, causing the barista to jump. Moonbyul tried to hide a laugh. "M-minutes. It looks like it's about to rain."

"Nah, the forecast said it was going to be--"

Another rumble.

"Clear weather. We should probably get going soon, Seulgi-ah." Byul said. 

Seulgi nodded. "Yeah I need to head over to the dance studio. Do you need a ride?" Byul shook her head.

"I'd rather walk in the rain, actually. My apartment isn't that far from here." Seulgi lifted her eyebrow up, but didn't protest. The barista was already taking her apron off and turning the coffee machines off. 

Seulgi said goodbye and left as the sky grew darker. Byul grabbed her umbrella and made for the door when out of nowhere, sparkling drops of rain pelted the ground. The barista was behind her, slightly shaking from the sudden blasts of thunder. Byul noticed she wasn't carrying an umbrella.

"Hey, um, I have an umbrella." She said nervously.

The barista didn't know what to say, and there was an awkward pause. Byul mentally facepalmed herself again.

"And we can use it, if that's ok with you." 

The barista smiled cutely behind her hand, and nodded. "Yes, thank you. That would be great."

Byul opened the door and raised the umbrella. The barista stepped close beside her as they left the coffee shop. They walked along the quiet street like that for a while, until the black-haired girl broke the silence.

"Sorry, I never told you my name. I'm Kim Yongsun."

Byul shifted her eyes from the heavy clouds to the beautiful girl beside her. "I'm Moon Byulyi, and most people call me Moonbyul, or sometimes, just Byul. It's nice to meet you, Yongsun-ah." She said, using informal language (in Korean of course).

Yongsun abruptly halted. Byul staggered backwards a bit, trying not to tip the umbrella. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Yong pouted. "It's Yongsun-ssi to you. I'm 28." She punched Byul's shoulder, as if they were old friends.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were younger. I mean, you look so young...and beautiful."

Yong blushed and smiled. "Oh. Thanks...that's so greasy..." She said, whispering the last part. Another rumble of thunder echoed, and a bolt of lighting flashed somewhere in the distance. Startled and shaking, Yongsun instinctively latched on to Byul's arm. Her eyes were shut tight and she was trembling.

"A-Are you ok?" Byul asked.

Yong instantly released her death grip and backed away, walking out of the umbrella. Byul quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her in before she got drenched, only the back of her shoe was wet.

"Thanks. Sorry." Yong said, embarrassed, and realizing she was suddenly very close to the handsome girl in front of her.

"It's ok...look..my apartment is right around the corner. Would you like me to drive you home?"

Yong smiled gratefully. "Yes, I'd love to." She found herself holding Byul's waist and hugging her. I don't even know you but it feels like I have all my life.

Moonbyul instantly returned the embrace, the awkwardness having left the atmosphere. 

Soon they rounded the corner, and Yong let out a shout of surprise. "This is where I live! We live in the same apartment building!"

Moonbyul busted out laughing. "You're just now realizing this? I mean, I didn't even know you lived here either. What a funny coincidence?" They both laughed for some time, the sounds of the storm fading away in Yongsun's ears. 

They walked inside, and Yongsun stopped at her door. "You're quite the gentlewoman. Thank you, for everything. I get kinda freaked out over storms sometimes...it's pretty embarrassing.."

"No! It's not at all. I understand. I'm afraid of the dark." Byul blushed at her sudden confession.

"The dark is pretty scary. It's more like you fear what's hiding in the dark, and not the absence of light."

"Yeah, you have a point, actually. Hey um...would you like to eat tteokbokki with me? For dinner? If you'd like to.." Byul said, fidgeting with her umbrella.

"Sure, I'd love to. Also..could get your number? So we can...keep in contact?" Yong surprised herself at the sudden burst of courage from her voice.

"Yeah, sure!" They exchanged numbers excitedly.

"Ok! I'll see you later this evening," Byul said, starting to walk away, before adding, "And if you ever need me, feel free to text or call me!" 

Yongsun nodded happily and waved as she left. Entering her room, she sighed and slowly closed the door, then held her hands up to her face.

It might be too early to say this but..I think I have a crush..

 

A/N: This has been edited a tiny bit~