Chapter 1 - updated

42=
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam Soohyun attends her school just like usual. But far from her knowledge, today will be a very unusual day for her. her friend Jihyun run towards her and that shock her a lot as she is focusing on hearing music with her eyes watch the ground most of the time. “Ya! My heart”, Soohyun place her right hand to her heart.

“Happy birthday, Soohyun-ah. But who cares about that right now! You must come to the class extremely fast!”, Jihyun take her hand and guide Soohyun, they were running.

Upon Soohyun’s arrival, many people start to whisper with each other. Soohyun can’t take off uneasiness in her heart. Then she went to her desk and there is a flower on top of the desk. A rose wrapped prettily and there is a small piece of paper inside of the petal.

Donghyun who sits infront of her, watch her closely, “lucky you”. Soohyun glare at his word. She calms herself down and sit. Then she notices one more thing.

Soohyun notice there is a chocolate bar under her desk, then she takes it out.

“What? Another one?”, Jihyun gasp along with other classmate. Everyone seems to focus on Soohyun.

“Who the heck sent these stuff”, Soohyun’s monologue as she pulls the memo pad pasted on the chocolate bar.

“Happy birthday”. Memo on the chocolate bar.

“Happy birthday”. Paper by the flower petals.

Jihyun then ask Jibeom if he saw the person who left it.

“I am the first to arrive this classroom among us classmates. But by the time I arrive, I had noticed the flower on Soohyun’s desk”.

Their other classmates can’t stop whispering and that bother Soohyun.

“I will appreciate it if all of you guys keep this from other people?”, Soohyun talk to the class.

“I know Soohyun. We will try our best. After all, this is not a rare sight. As expected, our perfect prefect!”, few of her classmates gives respond.

Then the whole class start to sing happy birthday song to her. Soohyun just laugh it off and relieved as her classmates were all understanding.

Everyone just resumes their activities. Soohyun put the flower under her desk and take the death note with her,” Gotta go”.

Jihyun give simple goodbye to Soohyun as she has morning task to be done as a prefect. Donghyun and Jibeom eyeing after Soohyun silhouette.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Soohyun starts her walk and try to not mind people watch at her. She then meets Sungyoon,” Good morning, sunbae”. She tries to soften her facial expression. Still feels agitate from the event at the classroom.

“Hey. Good Morning”, Sungyoon look a little worried. He just walks along with Soohyun as he wants to go to the canteen.

“Oh, by the way, happy birthday”, Sungyoon smile as he says that wish. Today he is early from usual as he got things to do since early the morning.

“Thank you, sunbae”, Soohyun appreciate the wish but she is heavily bothered by the mysterious gift. She thinks to herself who will give her those gifts and start worrying if that will start a bad rumor about her.

“Sunbae. Have a nice breakfast”, Soohyun wave her hand as she proceeds her walk to the school gate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Right after Soohyun step outside of the class, Jibeom and Donghyun turn their back on Jihyun.” Isn’t this just creepy?”, Donghyun asks Jihyun.

“No. I don’t think so”, Jihyun start to take her pencil case from her bag. She thinks that this event were pretty normal because it is Soohyun’s birthday and anyone can give her any present they want.

“Actually, I am the one who put the chocolate bar”, Jihyun freeze after hearing that voice with whispering tone.

“What the hell, Jibeom”, Donghyun push Jibeom’s arm.

“Why are you telling us this?”, Jihyun raise one of her eyebrows.

“It’s just… just so you two know”, answer Jibeom.

Jihyun felt something wrong with the way Jibeom answer. It as if he does it, he did not mean any of his action.

“So… you have feelings for Soohyun?”, ask Donghyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter