-6-

Picking Up the Pieces

Ok, so with more thought, Irene is actually older in this story since she has a child. She's 33 y/o in this one since she has to have had time to make it to the top and also have a five year old kid (she would have been around 28 or something when Yeri is born), and Wendy is 20-21. 

If you do not interest in story please kindly click away and find something else to your liking!!

--

With Wendy busy running around at Irene's command, she became more tired at the end of the day. First thing in the morning, she was to make Irene's breakfast and it had to be done perfect for Irene to eat. Oatmeal with just a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and brown sugar. Black coffee at an average temperature on the brink of lukewamr but still hot. There had to be the perfect amount of hazelnut cream too.

If she did it wrong, Irene would make her eat it and Irene would gripe about having to work on an empty stomach because Wendy was incompetent. But she would mobile breakfast from RVBucks close by.

Then, it was off to work and Wendy was tasked to organize paperwork that Irene would have given to her grunts in the lowest job caste system.

She was confined to Irene's office all day. Never to be out of Irene's sight. 

Sometimes, she would cast a nervous glance and catch Irene watching her, to which the tyrant woman would only huff irritably and go back to work on her computer.

Finally, it was noontime and Irene commanded Wendy to cease working and follow her. They went back to the car and Irene drove them home for lunch. Wendy wasn't sure why Irene insisted to come home in that case if this was waste time out of the office. Still, she did not question it since she did not want to recieve any sharp words from Irene's tongue. 

Irene was super scary. 

Wendy was forced to eat yogurt at lunch, while Irene dug in to a real meal. The younger girl didn't care about that. She cared more that Irene was disabling her from doing the thigns she needed to do.

Also, therapy was just swimmigly and Wendy felt like nothing was working. 

At one appointment, they made her look at herself in the mirror and describe how she felt about her bodily appearance. 

I look fat. Not skinny enough.

"But your bones are protruding," the therapist said. "Your weight is severely under a healthy weight you should be at."

"THat's how it's supposed to be."

And her next homework after was some exercises to work on positive mindset.

Then they tried using shock therapy comparing the body of a normal female to an anorexic female body that looked scarily like a halloween decoration. It jarred Wendy a little bit because she had been ignoring the fact that her own body was resembling the halloween look. But she didn't want to admit that there was a problem. 

Irene always came to pick her up after her sessions. She barked at her a little less, but still fixed her with a grumpy glare whenever they possibly made eye contact that should not have been made. 

Wendy was dressed in drab clothing - very plain and vanilla style. Irene gave her jeans and always a pure pearly white button up that she warned should never be dirtied.

It was just one of Irene's impossible rules. Just an excuse to get angry at Wendy.

And becaue Wendy was constantly overworked and cowering under Irene's flames of anger, she would sometimes forget that she wanted to purge because her fear of Irene overruled everything else. The thought of having nowhere to go and being kicked out on the street was also another factor that made her deviate from the things that brought her comfort.

 

Also, Irene didn't let Wendy sleep in the walk-in closet anymore.

She slept on the floor right at Irene's side of the bed so Irene could keep owl eyes on her. Wendy didn't know how Irene was so alert in sleep. Was she even sleeping? Maybe this is why she's a fricking prick, Wendy mused. Not enough sleep.

But a lot of the time, she would wake up to hear Irene crying softly deep in the night when she thought she was asleep. 

--

A month or so had passed by now since Wendy arrived under Irene's 'care' - reluctant care, rather.

She had still been going to therapy and was slowly getting used to eating again. She would still have the urge to purge, but working for Irene was so busy that she would sometimes pass up taking the time to vomit in order to keep Irene from biting her with her tongue.

Also, when Irene found out she purged, she was in for a real TREAT and all sarcasm intended. Irene would get very upset with her, and Wendy assumed she probalby told the therapist because they would still talk about it in appointments. Anyway, going back, Irene was practcially the Hulk, smashing doors down and yanking Wendy to the study, where she would be confined to Irene's supervision.

The older woman woudln't talk to her, not that they ever did before, but she would stare at Wendy with dark piercing eyes that burned more than the flames of hell.

it was some kind of psychological punishment. And then she woud still have to eat something for dinner, with no ability to purge after. ALso, she still had to shower in Irene's presence, and wait in the bathroom while Irene showered.

Jonghyun didn't stop by as often, but Wendy did not care anyway. If he did come by, Irene never let him inside, and sometimes he would call Irene only to get turned down harshly.

 

One day, Irene was in a rush and needed Wendy to carry her things to the meeting room - handouts and stuff for the people she was meeting with. On the way, Wendy accidentally collided with another woman who was intercepting their trek. The lady happened to have a hot cup off coffee which spilled all over Wendy's white button up from Irene's wardrobe, seriously staining the fabric and also slightly burning Wendy because the coffee was so hot. 

"Oh oops, sorry," the woman said. "I didn't see you there."

But then the woman seemed to realize that Irene was in her presence and she was at a loss for words. 

"Jisoo,I expected better of you since you are my secretary," Irene said before anything more could be said.

Jisoocould only agree to Irene's demand as she would never go against the word of her boss.

"Good. Buy another coffee and put it on my tab if you want." Irene fired an expressionless look at Wendy. 

"Ah, but Miss Bae, waht about your...uh, her shirt?"

"Don't worry about it. She's my business." Irene placed her hand against Wendy's back and pushed her towards the meeting room. "Worry about preparing your presentation at the meeting."

"Y-yes."

Jisoo watched curiously at the pair walking away, and mused that the yougner girl looked a lot like the idol that was kicked out of that new girl group months ago.

 

Meanwhile, still drenched in coffee, Wendy followed Irene around everywhere like a dog and could only put up with the new discomfort from the beferage staining the shirt.

The woman must have been prepared for a situation like this or something because she also had a wardrobe of formal wear in her office. Irene shoved a black shirt at Wendy. "Wear this."

The younger girl did not hesitate to obey even though Irene had a pretty good view of her torso. 

"This was an old shirt so this is a good excuse to get rid of it," Irene muttered and tossed it in the bin. "Stay here. I'll be back in an hour. Don't answer my pager, and don't answer the door."

--

At home as they were preparing for bed, Irene stared at Wendy for a very long time. The younger girl did her best not ot show her discomfort in case Irene decided to scold her for acting weird.

"You need a hair cut."

"W-what?"

"You need a whole makeover."

Wendy silently stared at her in question, knowing that saying anything would cuase the latter to snap.

"I don't want anyone to recognize you as Wendy from that girl group. Surely, you have a real name. or did you just use your actual name as your stage name?"

"No. It's Seungwan."

"Perfect."