Chapter eight

THE HEIRS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

As soon as they arrived back in Korea, business started back up as usual. A few days had passed now, and Wonyoung was currently in Chaewon’s room, as they were hanging out together. It was normal for them to do this. Although they weren’t in love with each other, it was still important to show their mutual ‘affection’ to their families in order to keep things in order. One strange thing, however, was that Wonyoung was under the impression that Chaewon did in fact, love her. Wonyoung thought that she was the only one between the two of them who had feelings elsewhere, but now she was questioning her assumption. Ever since she saw Chaewon and Minju acting all loving on the plane, she did a lot of reevaluating. 

 

She hasn’t confronted Chaewon about it yet, simply pushing the thought aside as she didn’t want to deal with a potentially destructive situation. She was so sure that Chaewon had feelings for her and her only, but seeing them two together is suddenly making her question things. In the beginning, she was even pushing Yujin away because she wanted to learn to love Chaewon for the sake of the both of them. So now to find out that maybe Chaewon didn’t actually love her from the start? It hurt Wonyoung in a way that she didn’t expect to be hurt in.

 

Chaewon entered the room again, to see Wonyoung laying on the bed with a seemingly contemplative look on her face, just looking up to the ceiling.

 

Chaewon chuckled at the sight of her and said, “what are you thinking about?” she sat on the bed next to Wonyoung.

 

The confusion Wonyoung was stuck in eventually ate her up so much that she suddenly just blurted the question, “are you and Minju unnie dating behind my back?”

 

Chaewon’s head snapped in her direction, looking at Wonyoung with a forceful blank expression.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Wonyoung sat up and leaned her head against the headboard and sighed, “you don’t have to pretend unnie. I saw you two on the plane.”

 

Chaewon opened slightly to say something, but was silent. She slowly dropped her gaze and sighed.

 

“I’m not angry,” Wonyoung reassured her.

 

Wrong. Deep down Wonyoung was fuming. She gave everything away for Chaewon- her first love, her life, her marriage, just to be with her to keep their families happy. She cut things off with Yujin to make sure she wasn’t swayed by the girl! But even now, it’s not working. She’s so confused with her feelings- she should be mad at Chaewon for betraying her, but she should also be mad at herself for having these messy feelings for Yujin, feelings which she can’t even act upon.

 

It’s as if she can’t find one stable thing in her life. The person who really makes her happy is unavailable, but that’s besides the point. Wonyoung is married. And this marriage is for the benefit of her own future for her company. She hoped that maybe her and Chae were close enough to share secrets like this, but of course nothing is this simple. 

 

Chaewon’s secretary entered the room with a knock.

 

“Miss Kim?”

 

“Ah- yes unnie,” Chaewon said in a croaky voice, still speechless from the previous conversation.

 

“I’ve just updated your schedule for this week, would you like me to read it for you?”

 

Chaewon nodded.

 

“Tonight, you have a meeting with Kim Technologies-”

 

Wonyoung looked up at the sound of the name. Chaewon gulped and her face scrunched up as she grimaced at the perfect timing of this consequence. 

 

“Tomorrow you have a family dinner with the other families in your group.”

 

“What?” Chaewon interrupted. “Family dinner?”

 

“That’s right, Miss. All of the families will be there. The Jangs, Kims, Ahns, Chois and the Miyawakis.”

 

“To discuss what exactly?” Wonyoung said.

 

“I believe there isn’t a special re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter