Chapter 5

Of all the Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s early in the morning but the Incheon airport is as busy as ever. Seulgi weaves through the sea of people in front of her as she walks toward immigration. As soon as she passes through the hectic area and reaches the lounge, she finds herself a seat and brings out her phone to text Joohyun.

 

Seulgi-yah:

Leaving soon unnie! [pic]

 

The food in the lounge is pretty good. Look they even have your favorite dumplings! [pic]

 

Joohyun couldn’t hide her smile when she received a cute selca from Seulgi during work. She knows it’s wrong to be sending text messages during a meeting, especially with important shareholders of their company, but she weighed out her options and decided that Seulgi is worth paying more attention to than some rich middle-aged businesspeople.  

 

 

Pretty unnie:

Nooo I suddenly want to eat too >:0

 

I’m going to have to pick up some kimchi dumplings on the way home because of you

 

Seulgi-yah:

Lol I didn’t know I was that appetizing ;)

Pretty unnie:

I was talking about the second pic babo-yah

Seulgi-yah:

Sure.. anyways the plane should be leaving in a few minutes and

I know you’re busy too so go back to work!!

Pretty unnie:

You caught me lol

 

Also...

I know you’re there for work but don’t forget to have fun! I miss you already ):

 

Seulgi-yah:

I’ll be back soon unnie! I’ll let you know when I get there hehe.

 

 

Joy just kicks Joohyun’s ankle from across her under the table to stop the latter from smiling too much and acquiring attention from the other meeting attendees.

 

 

Joohyun is at home on her couch later that night, just lazily scrolling through her social medias with a random reality show playing in front of her. A few weeks ago, she wouldn’t even bother thinking about anything else outside of her safe place. But even the comforts of her apartment and being wrapped around her biggest blankets with a cup of honey chamomile tea in her hands couldn’t compare to what Joohyun has been spoiled with recently. She just sighs to herself when she realizes nothing could compare to her warmth that is Kang Seulgi.  

 

It was only when they were separated that they realized how connected they were. Joohyun on her couch and Seulgi a few countries away, sipping a cocktail in the balcony of her hotel room, both drowning in thoughts of each other.

 

Seulgi continues to send Joohyun a bunch of pictures and selcas during the remainder of her trip, and both don’t forget to greet each other good morning and good night, even being able to video chat each other one evening.

 

On the last night of her trip, Seulgi is alone with her thoughts again when she makes a decision. A decision that could make or break the relationship between her and the amazing lady she befriended a few weeks ago.

 

 

The next morning, Seulgi wakes up earlier than expected, so she decides to walk around her hotel area to try and find a place to grab breakfast before heading to the airport.

She puts on a simple tee and her favorite vest (The one she wore when she fell asleep on Joohyun’s bed. Yes, favorite because it smells like her.) matched with some shorts before heading out to take in Thailand’s morning air.

 

She walks for a few minutes before spotting a fairly busy restaurant so she decides to find herself a seat. She notices it’s one of those street food places where you can just seat yourself on a shared table so she just looks for the least packed one.

 

She seats herself in front of a lady who looks around her age, with thick bangs and slim figure.

“Excuse me, is anyone seated here?” She accidentally asks in Korean but the unnamed lady surprisingly answers in Seulgi’s native tongue.

“Nope, we can share this table.” The girl says as she looks up from her plate of Patongo, or Thai style donuts.

“Hello! I’m Seulgi. You can speak Korean too?” Seulgi says excitedly as she takes a seat, fascinated by the simple fact of finding another Korean speaking person in the streets of Thailand.

“Oh yeah, I had to learn the language when I was training to be in a girl group a few years ago. My name’s Lisa, by the way.”

 

They introduce each other and indulge in conversation until Seulgi’s stomach grumbles loudly.

“Looks like someone’s hungry, need any help deciding what to order?” Lisa laughs a little.

 

While talking and eating, the two end up talking about their “love interests”.

“-so that’s basically how I met Jennie. Crazy story, right? What about you, anyone you have your eyes on at the moment?”

 

Seulgi visibly lightens up while talking about Joohyun.

“-she’s just so pretty, she’s kind, she seems to care about me too plus she smells good.” Seulgi describes with a goofy grin on her face.

“If I had to judge, I’d say you’re in deep” Lisa giggles softly.

“Are you planning to confess soon? There doesn’t seem to be anything stopping either of you, plus she seems to be really fond of you too.” She advises Seulgi.

 

“I don’t know... I was thinking about it and a few things are making me hesitate a bit. What if she’s just the naturally affectionate type of friend?  What if I was reading the signs wrong? What if she doesn’t even like girls?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter