Chapter 3

Of all the Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a few weeks after fashion week and Irene and Joy are taking advantage of their current break period back in Korea, sipping the tea they ordered from the cafe they were staying in. They were seated next to each other, right in front of the cafe’s large window and of course, Joy is approached multiple times by fans asking for signatures and pictures.

 

“How does it feel?” Joohyun asks as another fan thanks them and walks away from them with her friend as they excitedly go through the pictures they just took with the Park Sooyoung.

 

“How does what feel?” Joy replies before taking a slice of one of the pastries they ordered.

 

“To know that you can make someone’s day so easily.” Irene gazes outside and spots what looks like, a high school couple, looking into each other’s eyes as if they were the only people that mattered at the moment.

 

“Hmm, I never really thought about that. I guess it just makes me happy to know that there are people who care for me enough to spend money and travel far just to get a chance to see me. It boosts my ego too.” She boasts at the end. Irene just hums in response and picks at her hazelnut-almont dacquoise.

 

Joy notices her assistant’s unusual silence and asks her, “Anyways... any upcoming events? I wasn’t able to check my calendar the last time you updated it.”

Irene opens her phone and checks. “Just a few photoshoots and meetings. There’s one last private viewing though, for Valentino. I already responded yes to their invitation, by the way. It’s scheduled for next week Thursday.”

 

Joy groans. “Wait, another one? I thought we were done with those. Attending those shows is so exhausting, honestly. Can we just skip it? There’s this private resort in Jeju that I’ve been wanting to visit. I think I can still book rooms for us if I check in now.”

 

“Whatever, it’s your choice, I’m basically just your messenger anyway.”

 

 

 

Seulgi’s pov:

 

“Should I wear this over the button down? Or this blazer with these ankle cut pants? You’re a model, help me out here. What shoes do I wear??” Seulgi’s humble apartment in Seoul is a mess as she tries to find the perfect outfit.

 

“Woah slow down Kang. Is this why you called me to your apartment? This was your idea of catching up?” Jisoo picks up after the mess her friend was making. “I don’t even remember the last time you worried about what you were going to wear. I mean, I know Valentino is a big designer brand but what happened to Ms. ILookGoodInEverythingAnyway?”

 

Seulgi realizes how worked up she was getting over such a small thing. “Sorry, just wanted to look good next Thursday.”

 

“Aww, does our local playgirl finally have someone to impress now? Who turned the tables around?” Jisoo pinches Seulgi’s cheek before the latter pouts.

 

“Well... there’s this girl I met a few weeks ago during fashion week. I barely know anything about her though, just that she’s unbelievably pretty, smells like flowers and is named Bae Joohyun. Damn, even her name is attractive.”

 

“Look at you, getting soft over a girl. It’s cute honestly. I got used to you being the one go crazy for.”

 

“They do not.” Seulgi pokes Jisoo’s side.

“You should’ve seen that other Japanese model. Eunchiko, I think? She was basically drooling over you the whole Tory Burch show last spring season.” Jisoo recalls when the said model basically tried to melt her with eye lasers when Seulgi linked arms with her to get coffee after the show.

“Oh, I remember her. I also met her during one of the photoshoots for Botega Veneta.” Seulgi then mentions. “I didn’t notice anything though? Maybe you’re just exaggerating.”

“That’s because you’re denser than the cake you tried to bake for me last month, Slowgi.” Jisoo just drags the other girl by her neck to the sofa so they can watch horror movies and get delivery chicken like they originally planned to.

 

 

The days pass by so quickly for Seulgi and suddenly it’s Wednesday night and she’s in bed, thinking about Joohyun, to no one’s surprise. She can’t fall asleep knowing there’s a big chance she was going to see the assistant again. She feels like an excited teenager looking forward to the next day of school so they can gape at their crush from three tables away.

 

“Is it even normal to be thinking about a person this much? We’re barely even acquaintances. I probably sound so immature right now.” Seulgi says to the glow-up dino stickers she stuck on her ceiling a few months ago.

 

She goes to sleep anyway, not wanting to wake up with big eye bags and a swollen face.

 

When she wakes up, she heats up a leftover salami panini while drying her hair. She chooses a maroon knit vest to wear over her oversized button down to tuck into her perfectly fit designer slacks one of her friends gifted her, accentuating her perfect waist and godly proportions. She lets some baby hair fall to the sides and front of her face after she ties her hair up and puts on a pair of gold lens-less glasses. “Not too shabby.” She thinks, after checking herself in the mirror before putting on the designer loafers Sunmi gifted her on her birthday. She grabbed her breakfast and keys and rushed to her car, wanting to arrive early in case she spotted a certain Bae Joohyun before the show.

 

It’s 2 hours before the show when she arrives, and she sees people already gathering inside the venue, helping themselves to the afternoon tea being served. She exits the car, not forgetting her camera and other equipment for her job and runs toward the red carpet area where the other photographers are gathered. She starts doing her job, as always. Clicking picture after picture of the same celebrities and influencers, while continuously searching for a certain petite woman through her lens.

“Looking good today, huh Kang?” One of her photographer friends, Kim Yerim, mentions before turning her attention to the newcomers stepping out of a sleek black car.

It’s 10 minutes before the show and still no sign of Park Sooyoung or her assistant and suddenly Seulgi’s equipment feels heavier on her shoulders. She suddenly notices how hot it is outside and curses herself for choosing a thick layered outfit when the person she wore it for wasn’t even going to show up.

 

She asks the other photographers if the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter