Chapter 4

Of all the Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi wakes up alone and the first thing she notices is how comfortable the bed is. She breathes in Joohyun’s addicting scent without realizing and she has to force herself from drifting back into dreamland.

She initially thanks the wine from last night for the unusually pleasant sleep she had. Then she remembers all of it at once and it comes like a slap in the face. Everything she said and did to Joohyun until falling asleep beside her comes to mind.

She feels guilty but the blood rushes to her cheeks and spreads throughout her neck when she remembers how she pulled Joohyun into bed and made her practically cuddle her to sleep like a clingy child.

 

She sits up so quickly, which probably wasn’t the best idea because it only worsens the ache in her head. She looks around the room. Pristine cream walls, big windows, clean curtains, organized desk and way too comfortable bed. It all makes sense to Seulgi when she remembers she isn’t in her own room. She leaves a mental note to herself to thank Joohyun later for the painkiller and glass of water left on the bedside table beside Seulgi’s glasses. Right. Joohyun.

 

She rushes out of the bed and tries her best to fix her hair while she searches around the apartment for the assistant while scolding herself under her breath for acting like an immature baby and for getting drunk from such a small amount of alcohol.

 

She spots the half open sliding glass door leading to a balcony, probably. She quietly slides herself outside and finally spots Joohyun, sitting down and holding a cup of tea. Joohyun doesn’t seem to notice Seulgi just yet, because she continues to stare at the city view while breathing in the crisp, morning air.

 

Seulgi thinks Joohyun looks beautiful right now. She wonders how one can look so peaceful and radiant at the same time, especially right after they wake up. The sunlight hits Joohyun’s bare face, in a certain way that it just highlights the woman’s features and makes her look so ethereal and just out of this world.

Joohyun snaps her head towards Seulgi when she feels someone looking at her.

“Hey Seul” She says while patting the seat beside her. “How did you sleep, feeling better now?”

 

Seulgi scratches the back of head, not knowing what to say after being caught staring. Should she bring up last night? Apologize? Or just pretend like nothing happened at all?

 

“So, you’re shy now? Are you really the same person from last night?” Joohyun raises her eyebrow with a teasing smile.

 

“I’m so sorry. I must have been such a hassle to deal with. Thank you for letting me stay the night, by the way. I should probably get going, I don’t want to trouble you any longer.” Seulgi starts gathering her clothes and shoes.

 

Irene gets up from her place and quickly goes to grab Seulgi’s arm. “W-wait. I uh.. Do you want to grab breakfast with me before you go?”

Seulgi thinks for a moment before answering with a bright smile when Irene shows that she isn’t avoiding her after last night’s incident.

“Sure I’d love to, can I borrow some clothes though? I look like a mess.”

 

“You still look cute though.” Irene softly smiles while ruffling the girl’s hair.

Seulgi comes out of the room after a few minutes and Irene’s mind goes blank. The taller girl makes Irene’s oversized shirt and shorts look like they were made for her. Irene blushes when she realizes how domestic they look right now. Waking up on the same bed after spending the night cuddling, seeing each other’s bare faces first thing in the morning, and now Seulgi’s even wearing her clothes. She tosses those thoughts away someplace in her brain when the other girl starts to speak.

 

“Can I treat you this time? It’s the least I can do right now, considering how much you put up with for me.” Irene just nods because she can’t form any words with Seulgi’s hand in hers while the latter leads them into a vintage looking café. You would think she was used to all the skinship Seulgi was initiating nowadays, especially after last night but she still finds herself blushing at the small affectionate actions the younger shows her. Don’t get her wrong though, it’s not that Irene doesn’t like it, she just can’t not act like a wordless mess every time it happens.

 

After they finish breakfast, the pair has to separate ways to go to tend to their respective jobs.

Before they leave, Seulgi decides to word out what’s been on her mind.

“Hey, uh, Joohyun. It would be a lie if I said I didn’t enjoy every second of the past few days I spent with you. I was wondering… if we could get to know each other more.”

Irene smiles again for the nth time this morning and replies, “Of course, I would love to, Seul.”

They exchange numbers and bid each other goodbye.

 

 

“You guys should just start dating already, jeez” Sooyoung says. They’re in the waiting room of Music Bank, where Joy will be mc-ing later.

“And what are you, 14? I just mentioned you guys dating and you’re a blushing mess already. How do you not pass out when you’re with her?” Joy snickers. The singer gets up and gets ready to go on stage after being reminded that the show will start broadcasting in a few minutes. Joohyun picks up a pack of Choco pie from the snack table and lounges on the couch while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter