Chapter 1

Of all the Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun never liked being in places that had many lights and noises, she usually avoided big crowds and hated receiving attention.  She considered herself a homebody, she’d take spending the weekend in her apartment by herself over, well, anything else. Her apartment is comfortable enough, overlooks the city, is high enough to avoid the noise of the traffic and there’s a really good hotteok stand right in front of her apartment building’s entrance, what else could she ask for?

So why, you may ask, is she facing a line of flashing cameras, surrounded by tens or even hundreds of fans and reporters in the middle of Incheon International Airport? Joohyun asks herself the same before trailing behind Park Sooyoung, Korea’s #1 it girl, titled most beautiful actress and singer for 3 consecutive years and most importantly, her best friend, as they pass through immigration and walk towards the first class lounge.

 

“Where are we heading again?” Sooyoung asks Joohyun as they enter the plane.

“Paris, for fashion week. This is the third time you’re asking me Joy.” The woman answers as  she massages her temples.

“I know, I’m just bored and I’ve got nothing to talk about.”

“Good for you, but I’m quite busy right now.”

 It’s the most hectic time of the year for the poor assistant and she’s constantly reminded of it as she deals with organizing Sooyoung’s schedules and opens her email to see numerous invitations to different shows and private parties.

“People would kill to be in your place, you know.” Joy snaps Joohyun out of her focus for the nth time this flight.

“Don’t be so full of yourself Joy, I’m still your best friend.”

“Honestly, I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you” Joy then jumps towards Joohyun and attempts to kiss her cheek but is then thrown off her seat by the latter. “Stop! That’s gross Soo!” Joohyun shouts as she wipes her cheek.

“Ugh, you’re probably the only person in the whole of Korea that could resist affection from me. Actually, scratch that, you’re probably the only person I know that rejects any type of affection from anyone. Don’t you think you should entertain at least one of your suitors? From the way they’re piling up, they could probably outnumber the number of people who attended my last fansign.”

Joohyun rolls her eyes. “You’re exaggerating. Plus, I don’t have time to date anyway, I’m not really into that type of stuff anyways. Unless like, Kim Dahyun asks me out or something.”

Joy’s eyes lighten up. “OH! I have some connections with Dahyun, should I arrange a lunch for you guys or something?”

“That was a joke, if you didn’t catch up on it. Besides, how would you like Dispatch finding out nation’s favorite actress’ assistant is dating Kim Dahyun, from the nation’s favorite girlgroup?”

“Not too bad actually, I wont mind”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter