Chapter 2

Remember me

After the three of them entered they went to their classrooms only to get an introduction to the school, go through rues, etc. Yerin wasn’t that ecstatic during the teacher's walkthrough and tried to observe some of her classmates. As she scanned through the room, her eyes suddenly widened, her heart started to beat faster and louder, and heat came to her cheeks. She had never seen a person look so beautiful. Almost like an angle that have descended to earth to sit in this very classroom. Yerin couldn’t believe her eyes as she stared at her angel, until their eyes met making Yerin quickly look away. As she tried to keep her head still, her eyes searched for the girl to take a quick look again. As Yerin looked she could hear someone talk to the beautiful girl, “Hey Sinb, let’s go grab some snacks later”. And the beautiful girl nodded back giving a glowing smile. The tips of Yerin’s ears started to become red as she saw Sinb’s bright smile. And at that point Yerin had totally fallen in love with one of her classmates.  

 

After a full hour of blushing, taking quick glances at Sinb and not focusing on anything else, the introduction was done and all the students took their bags as they were heading to their respective dorms. It wasn’t that far away from the main building but the walk there felt very long as Yerin was consciously knowing that she was walking alone surrounded by people that look to have already made friends. She reached the dorm building and was now in front of her accommodation, the information Yerin got about the dorms was that they will share a room with another person. This made Yerin quite nervous but excited to find out who she would share the next couple of years with.  

 

Yerin entered confidently and immediately saw a tall silhouette that was familiar. Walking further in to the room she could see that it was the girl from before that pushed her in front of the entrance. The girl's eyes widened when she turned to face Yerin. She slowly tried to open trying to say something until Yerin quickly spoke up. 

 

 “Hi I'm Yerin! I was the one you almost pushed to the ground earlier today but you might not remember.” Yerin said with a teasing smirk on her face.  

 

The other girl suddenly showed guilt in her face. “I'm Sowon and I'm so sorry about that but I was looking for my friend and I got a bit in my head making me bump into you.” Sowon said in a careful voice while looking down. 

 

Yerin saw that the tall girl was actually sorry which kind of surprised her since her roommate had this intimidating aura around her. Maybe it was because of the height. “Hey, don’t sweat it Sowon-ssi, no hard feelings here.” Yerin chuckled making Sowon pout which made Yerin’s chuckle turn into full on laughter.  

 

Sowon gave a big smile too. “Yah, drop the honorifics, it makes me feel like an old lady. From now on we are friends Yerin-ah so you can call me Sowon-unnie.” The tall girl explained as she unpacked her things.  

 

Yerin felt really surprised that it was easy to talk to her new roommate and a sigh of relief exited . Yerin also started to unpack her things while also talking to the tall girl. Sowon explained that the person she was looking for was her best friend called Eunha and Sowon's eyes lit up and continuing to talk about her best friend, giving cute descriptions about how she is as a person and that she's a little shorty. Yerin raised an eyebrow to her new roommate and started to giggle from Sowon’s descriptions. 

 

When both of them finished unpacking, it was already dark outside and a big growl escaped from Yerin’s stomach. Sowon smiled and suggested that both of them should go grocery shop so that they could cook some dinner, which made Yerin nod in excitement. The walk to the convenient store was spent by bickering about what food they were going to make. Yerin wanted kimchi fried rice, meanwhile Sowon wanted some tteokbokki. The Discussion continued all the way to the store until Sowon finally gave up making the younger girl raise her hands in victory.  

While in the store, Yerin would always put in sweets and candy in their basket while Sowon rejected them by putting them back on the shelves. “Yah, why do you keep on putting sweets in our basket, you can’t eat it all.” Sowon questioned Yerin who was pouting like a child. “Is that a challenge?” Yerin replied with her eye smiles. Shortly after they went to the cashier to pay when Yerin suddenly saw familiar faces. 

 

“Yuju, Umji!” Yerin exclaimed waving her hands towards the girls who was standing in line to pay. Both of them turned around to face the voice that called their names and both of the girls faces light up upon seeing their friend. Yerin and Sowon walked up to the girls and introduced Sowon to Yuju and Umji. As they were waiting in line, they were chatting and Yuju noticed the sweets in Sowon and Yerin’s basket. “Hah, maybe you lost some of your memories but it looks like you kept the memory of your taste buds Yerin-unnie.” Yuju chuckled but suddenly stopped as she noticed Sowon’s confused expression. Yerin’s mouth turned to a straight line as she looked down. As Sowon noticed the younger girls’ reaction, she didn’t ask any questions and remained silent until all of them paid for their food.  

 

They all walked back to the dorms in silence and right before they parted, Umji quickly whispered to Yerin. “Unnie, I'm sorry for Yuju but she kind of took it quite hard as she found out that you had amnesia, the only way to cope for her is to not make it a big deal and casually talking about it, which I know you don’t like.” Yerin kept looking down as her eyes started to burn from unshed tears but was trying hard not to let them fall. Umji noticed and gave Yerin a tight hug which Yerin returned. “I didn’t choose for this to happen.” Was all Yerin could utter with a low, shaky voice. 

 

The two groups separated and Yerin and Sowon started to cook their dinner in their dorm. Both not saying anything which was a big relief to Yerin who didn’t want to talk about her memory loss yet. Both of them ate in front of the TV and then they were going to bed. As Yerin was about to sleep, she was thinking about what Umji told her earlier, making Yerin shed those tears she desperately tried to hold in. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi again Author-nim here. 

When is Yerin going to talk about her amnesia? 

Will Yuju tolerate her friend's memory loss? 

And what made Yerin lose her memories in the first place? 

Keep reading ;3 

I’m on a writing spree that’s why I update quite often.