Chapter 4

Remember me

Weeks went by and Yerin was casually working on her course classes and projects. While living with Sowon, the two girls bickered and bonded and was no forming a sisterly friendship. Yerin found the lectures okay, but what really made her happy, was to steal glances at the girl who accidentally bumped into each other during the first week. Sinb was often with her own gang of friends in the cafeteria and in class. Making it hard for Yerin to approach her. Yerin would often go and eat in the cafeteria with either Sowon or her other two friends Yuju and Umji.  

One week, there was no boring lectures or classes. The whole class go excited when their main class teacher explained. 

 

“From Friday to Sunday we are going on an expedition to Jeju Island to explore it’s sea biosphere and habitation.” The teacher said in an excited tone. 

 

The whole class got thrilled about expedition and started to whisper to each other. Yerin was also excited since she loved the sea and after all she was studying marine ecology so it was bound to be an outing to a sea reserve. More importantly, she was going to spend a weekend with Sinb. Just the thought made her ears warm up, making the tips red.  

 

The day of the outing finally arrived and Sowon helped her roommate pack for the trip. Then she was finally off to Busan where they would take a boat to Jeju Island. After a day of travelling, the whole class had arrived at their hotel. Yerin was kind of surprised since the hotel was very nice and modern. She knew that the college was kind of prestigious and popular, which probably made a quite big budget for these kinds of trips.  

 

“Okay class! In this hotel, you’re going to share a room with two other people. So, you will be three in each room but since there is an odd number of people in this class, one of you will only share a room with one other person.” The teacher informed the class. 

 

When Yerin heard about only sharing a room with another person her thought quickly wandered to Sinb. The thought of her sharing one room with her made warm shivers run down her spine. But the possibility of sharing a room with her was quite low she thought until she heard her name snapping out of her daydream.  

 

“Yerin and Sinb you will be the odd group so you two will be sharing one room.” The teacher exclaimed. 

 

Yerin almost felt a lightning bolt run through her body when she heard her name together with Sinb. She slowly directed her gaze to her roommate, and their gazes met making Yerin look away quickly but could still feel herself being stared at. After all of the names in the class were reported. All of them started to move towards their designated room, Yerin walking a distance behind Sinb, making her reach the room first.  

As Yerin reached the room she found a Sinb who was casually changing her top to a black oversized t-shirt. The sight of Sinbs back with only a bra on quickly made Yerin quickly turn around while a red flush covered her face. Sinb noticed the girl by the door facing the other way. 

 

“Oh sorry, I was just changing to some comfy clothes.” Sinb expressed with a slight grin on her face. 

 

“Aniyo, d-don't w-worry. I’m going to take a q-quick s-shower.” Yerin said hurrily as she walked fast to the bathroom.  ‘God why am I stuttering so much, could I be any more obvious. Im so lame.’ Yerin though to herself as she took a cold shower to cool of her warm skin that was caused by a topless Sinb. 

After she was done with her quick shower that actually took 40 mins. She got out and found Sinb already sleeping in one of the beds. ‘She must have been tired from all the traveling.’ She thought as she reached the bed to take a closer look at the younger girl. She was lying on her side, puffy cheeks and with slightly open making a soft breathing sounds. ‘Cute.’ Giving Yerin a bright smile making crescent moon with her eyes. She looked at her for a few seconds before going to bed herself, still having eye smiles on her face. 

 

------ 

 

The next day Yerin woke up surprisingly well rested. She looked over to the other bed where she found no one lying in it. ‘She must’ve gone up to eat breakfast already.’ Yerin made one final stretch before she got up from her own bed to freshen up and go get breakfast herself. The day was later followed by the whole class going to different marine facilities. Walking by the shore to take samples of the sea and other wildlife such as different kinds of seaweed. 

 Yerin was a bit behind the group until something snapped in her brain. Like a switch that turned off all lights. She couldn’t recognize where she was and how she got to where she was. Her heart started to beat faster and sweat formed in her hands and forehead. Her legs were shaking and she had a lost look on her face, like a kid who had lost her mom in the grocery store. She didn’t know what to do with herself until she felt an arm circle around her face. She faced the person next to her and finally she came back to her senses as she saw Sinb with a worried look staring straight into her eyes. 

 

“Are you okay? I was going to use the toilet by that café and when I came back no one was here but you who was shaking like a crazy person.” Sinb said with a soft voice but with a slight worry in her eyes. 

 

“Uuh, I-.” But before Yerin could respond to Sinb, a sudden rainfall fell down from the sky. Yerin looked up at the crying sky until she felt someone's arms going around her shoulders along with a jacket.  

 

“Here put this on so that you don’t shake more from the cold.” Sinb said as she hung her jacket around Yerin’s shoulders. Only their faces being inches apart made a pink flush reach Yerin’s face. 

 

“Hey! Your face is getting red, are you getting sick? It looks like we got separated from the group so let’s go to the hotel.” Sinb said as she took Yerin’s hand in hers making their way to the hotel. 

 

At the hotel, Yerin took a hot shower first and then Sinb followed after Yerin was done. Sinb plopped down on her bed feeling tired and turned pale. Yerin noticed and quickly went to younger girl and felt her forehead. 

 

“You’re burning. It looks like you got a fever. Yerin said as Sinb chuckled. 

 

 “Huh, looks like it, good thing you didn’t get sick too.” Sinb said in a weak voice making Yerin feel warm inside because of the comment from the younger girl. She cared about Yerin. 

 

The two stayed in their room for the rest of the day, slurping their cup ramen that Yerin bough in a convenient store close by and giving medicine for Sinb from the pharmacy that was next to the convenient store. While having some casual conversation, Yerin learned that Sinb actually wanted to go to another college to study arts but her parents made her choose marine ecology since both of them worked in that field. Mostly it was Sinb who talked about her past but Yerin was still happy to listen. They talked until it got dark when both of them decided to go to bed. Before Yerin turned off the lights she heard a voice from the younger girls’ bed. 

 

“Uh, hey, unnie. Im feeling a bit cold, could you maybe sleep next to me tonight?” Sinb uttered still feeling weak from her fever. 

 

Yerin’s eyes widened after the suggestion from Sinb. She didn’t know what to do with herself. She couldn’t give her a blanket, since they didn’t have any and she couldn’t just leave the girl cold. Yerin’s mind went blank as her head went warm from her blushes. After a couple of seconds, she went under the covers, lying next to Sinb. Yerin felt two arms circling her waist and she got nudged closer to Sinb. The younger girl was freezing cold, the exact opposite of the girl next to her that was warming up because of being this close to her.  Yerin’s heart was beating fast and loud making her nervous that Sinb would feel it. She tried to calm herself and closed her eyes as she was trying to sleep. 

 

The next day, Sinb was feeling much better and the two girls parted ways when they were going back to their college. Still, Yerin could still feel the lingering touch from the younger girls' arms and hands as they cuddled that night at the hotel. Yerin would still smile thinking about it. 

At the dorm Yerin plopped down in her bed feeling exhausted and a bit warm. She coughed a bit making Sowon take notice at her roomates condition. Leaning to the younger girl, Sowon placed her hand on the younger girls' forehead. 

 

“Aigoo, it looks like you got a fever. Didn’t you dress warm enough at the trip?” Sowon asked calmly. All Yerin did was smiling, replaying her last couple of days in her head. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, its Author-nim 

 

Im having so much fun writing these since im fangirling while writing.  

Reality can be whatever I want >:3  

 

Thanks for reading and see you next chapter.