rooftop dates (pt. 1)

Made for Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a tiring day on Mo-yeon’s part. After having her classes, she headed to her shift in the library (which took longer than she thought it would be) and he rprofessors asked for her help in proofreading some thesis projects that she did gladly. After that, she had to deal with the struggle of not taking lunch and dinner. God, she’s hungry. 

And then that was the time when her phone beeped, signaling a text message. A bit irritated, she grabbed her bag and rummaged through her things until she got her phone.

When she opened the screen, her eyes softened.

YSJ: Is rooftop date’s still on?

YMJ: duhhh ofc! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ see ya bro!

SDY: @YSJ, Buy soju! 

YSJ: Ah, right! I think I put it somewhere upstairs.

SDY: *thumbs up*

YMJ: @KMY come home sooooooon :((

YMJ: ughhh coz’ @YSJ is being clingyyy~

YSJ: am not!

YMJ: you SOOO are!!

YSJ: am really not!!!

YMJ: YES YOU AREEEE

YSJ: NO I’M SO NOTTT

SDY: Guys, please. My phone’s been ringing like heck. Please stop.

YMJ: YAH SEO DAE-YOUNG! WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ONNNNNN?

YSJ: ARE U GOING TO BETRAY ME @SDY

SDY: *sigh* @KMY, Please come home T-T

Mo-yeon’s mood finally lightened a bit after hearing her friends’ banter. She definitely liked moments like this, and she wished it would stay that way forever.

----

The four of them decided to go hang out on the rooftop— their favorite spot in the entire neighborhood.

As soon as Mo-yeon finished her work, she wore her regular clothes and headed her way up the building. Taking a long deep sigh, she stopped halfway and leaned on the wall to support her weight. God, she is sore all over. Working for almost half a day, doing well in school, and more stuff— it always made her tired. She wondered what time it was and checked her watch— her eyes widened when she realized what time it was.

She immediately stopped leaning on the wall and headed upstairs— only to see it was empty. Mo-yeon stopped in her tracks, silently asking herself why their usual spot was vacant. 

Huh. Maybe I was just early?

She checked her watch again.

But it’s almost 9:00!

Blowing a deep breath to herself, she made her way to the table they sat on most of the time (since they didn’t want chairs), and fixed the blankets and prepared the tent (with fairy lights!) they always slept in while humming a sweet tune. She grabbed her phone after— and she realized what date it was.

 

September 14.

 

Then suddenly, the hue of the atmosphere seemed to brighten up. Confused, she turned around to see her favorite candles everywhere (why didn’t she notice that?), and three people whom she considered best friends going up to her with smiles on their faces. Si-jin held the birthday cake, and Myeong-joo and Dae-young crept to his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter