Chapter 5

OH MY GOSH!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were silently sitting in the living room ready to listen to Grandma Lee but she just kept quiet. There is something in Grandma Lee on the way how she looks at us, especially to me like she wants to tell us something but restrains herself instead. I can see the fear in her eyes and I wanted to know why.

“Grandma Lee, we need answers, an honest answer from you. We need to know if Sahara and Sandara are one person.” I asked her and she sighs.

“Jiyong, how many times am I gonna tell you the truth? She’s not Sandara! She’s not the girl you’ve been looking for. Why can’t you understand that?” Grandma explodes

Grandma Lee, we knew you’re lying to us. There’s no child involved in that accident except the couple. Sahara’s real name is Sandara. She’s the girl we’ve been looking for. Why are you insisting that we’re wrong? Are you hiding something from us?” Top hyung said frustratingly.

“Believe whatever you believe.”

If she’s not old, I would’ve already punched her! We can see in it her eyes that she is lying! Damn it! Why can’t she tell us the f**king truth? Why is she so afraid? Is there someone threatening her if she exposes the truth? If there is really someone threatening her, why and who? I shake my head in frustration.

“We’re leaving now grandma but expect us every day here in your house. We won’t stop until you tell us the truth. Think carefully, grandma.” I said and nod to my friends then leave.

We were heading to the car when she calls me. I went towards her while my friends wait for me in the car.

“Jiyong, can I trust you with her?” I frown at her.

"Promise me you will take care of her when I’m gone. You must protect her, Jiyong.” She said nervously and gave me a white envelope. I confusedly look at the envelope and at her.

“What are you talking about? What’s inside of this envelope Grandma Lee?” I ask her, she smiles and raises her hands, patting my cheeks.

“You’re the only one who can read what’s inside in that envelope Jiyong. I can see that you’re the only one who can protect her. I trust you for her. I have a feeling that something does gonna happen to me. If that time comes please protect her. Promise me Jiyong.” She sincerely said.

“Who’s her, your granddaughter, Sandara aka Sahara?” I mockingly said. She just smiles and pushes me away then closes the door.

All I did was look at the envelope in my hands.

“I promise Grandma Lee.” I said even if I know she can’t hear me and not sure what’s she’s talking about. I turn around and put the envelope in my pocket, walking back towards the car, and then we leave.

The old woman who leans in the door heard what Jiyong said. She silently cries.

“I hope you’d keep your promise, Jiyong.”

 

 

DARA’S POV

Wahhh! I’m so tired I really wanted to lie down in my bed and sleep but I still have an hour before my shift ends. I was looking at the café and frown. I didn’t saw them today. I know they were stalking me but I turn blind and pretended that I didn’t know. I’m not that much of an idiot to the point of not noticing them especially if they are hot and handsome like Mr. Hottie Patottie.

They arrived here and gave us a big bomb, everything is not normal for us, especially for Grandma. She’s always jumpy and always not to herself. She’s always conscious around her. She almost made me stop working but the stubborn me didn’t agree. She wanted me to stay at home as if my life was in danger. I don’t know why and every time I asked Grandma she would just avoid my questions and make excuses.

When Grandma told me that I’m the lost daughter, the info never got eliminated from my mind. I have so many questions but I’m afraid to know the truth and I don’t know why. Why would Grandma deny all their accusations if I am the real one? I know what happened to my parents was not an ordinary accident, someone killed them.

I was 5 years old when that incident happened. After the funeral, my grandma received an envelope; we didn’t know who the sender was. Grandma told me to go to my room and take a rest. I went to my room and changed my clothes when I heard grandma crying. I saw her staring at a piece of paper while tears flowed out from her eyes.

She stands up then went to the kitchen and crumples the paper in her hand before throwing it in the trash bin. She didn’t notice me as I hide my self under the table. When she was gone, I took the paper and immediately went to my room. I got curious as to why Grandma was crying all because of a piece of paper.

The little me read it but didn’t understand a single thing written on that paper. After gaining nothing from reading the words, I decided to hide that paper and maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter