Part 3

Jongin and Monsieur have beef now

Note:  listen to the Chankai song:  

https://youtu.be/R4i7gvSBSNI

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol enters the room full , gladly to find Jongin still sitting on the bed with knees under his chin, earphones on, paying attention to the screen of his phone.

Drying his hair with a towel he finds a comb on Jongin’s desk, and tries to set his wet hair completely plastered back, forehead free. He checks at it in the mirror.

Reaching the bed he drops himself laying on his side, behind Jongin’s back, so his mouth is in the right position to start placing butterfly kisses in the lower back.

He can hear the faint beat of the music Jongin is listening. He reproduces the beat box with lips sounds on Jongin’s flesh.

 

Jongin drops his legs down, turning a bit to show the other what’s on the screen. It’s a recording of his dance practice today.  

Chanyeol’s eyes go up to watch but his mouth keeps nipping at the side of the dancer’s waist. In his exploration he finds the two elephant moles in Jongin’s front torso. He adores them. Back in the day he used to pinch them eveytime he got a chance when Jongin was shirtless in the dorm. Now he likes to do a different show for his lover to know.

 

Jongin takes the hint with a cute smile combing back few wet short threads of hair on Chanyeol’s forehead that refuse to stay back with the others.

“This is the new finished track. Tell me what you think.”  

He was in the studio recording the last touches to this just yesterday and he got it fresh today for the dance practice. The dancer takes off his earbuds to place them on the rapper’s ears, who is now rising up smooching through his chest. He leans himself back on his hands giving more access to the other.

Suddenly Chanyeol gives him squinting eyes and a bite on his low lip, moving his neck to some y african beat. This face is a rare sight on Chanyeol, more proper of Kai the performer, but Jongin has always think that Chanyeol can pull off anything when he really feels it. It’s this natural state of mind, an organic intelligence the tall guy exudes when he’s inmensed in the music, and away from the public eye where his automatic cheerful always turns on- sometimes try-too-much-  his tired rest mode, it’s what has Jongin on edge. Like today on that vlive, watching the relaxed Park Chanyeol with his weary voice and rough mannerism but still sweet and charismatic. Makes him feel all flustered inside.

 

“Meanie Kaiii.”

The tallest finally sits up and leans in one arm over the dancer’s legs so they are placed face to face, eyes closing at times to enjoy the music, imitating sounds from it. He can imagine the other’s stage faces when dancing this. A face envied by millions, him included, but only him have the privilege now of having it this close.

Chanyeol's babbling nonsenses with his bass voice, the one it’s pulled off at the end of the night when tiredness and sleep is taking over.

Jongin just want to pine him down and do a lot of things to him but he’s also anxious waiting for Chanyeol’s opinion.

 

“Oh, this part. ”  Chanyeol rewinded a bit to listen again to a certain bridge.

When the track gets to an end the rapper pulls out the earbuds and stay in place looking at the other in the eyes for several seconds with unreadable face.

“You really spilled the whole honey bottle all out, hu?”

Jongin half smiles looking down. “Be serious.”  

The rapper knows how much Jongin worries about the quality of his craft, and how much he appreciates his musical skills.

“I’m.”

When Park Chanyeol gives scant answers is when you know he’s. The guy then proceeds to start playing with different locks arrangements on Jongin’s head, caressing the new low undercut with his full open hand.

“Jongin your singing low tones are....I mean it's such a contrast to your high falsetto? It’s so impressive. It's like two different persons. Your personal speaking voice is more on the low side than high, but you rarely use it when singing. Glad that finally they wrote those keys for you. Also that naughty soft voice you use on that rapping.”  Chanyeol gives him the hand sign of 👌.

 

“You know Baekhyunie passed by the studio days ago. He gave me vocals tips.”

 

Jongin is looking at the rapper with expecting eyes.

 

Of course Baekhyun didn’t told Chanyeol about it. Fair enough since the rapper haven’t told him a lot of things about Jongin.

 

“Hyung.”

 

When Jongin calls him with soft dongsaeng voices he knows he lost whatever is gonna happen next.

 

“You have not say anything.”

 

Chanyeol looks him in question.

 

“The collab.”

 

Oh right. They have been talking about a collab since forever, if finally any of them got a solo album.

 

The younger keeps giving the older sheepish faces.

 

Chanyeol smiles to him in reassurement.

“Of course I want to.”

 

Jongin shakes his closed fits vigorously in the air, his smile full of teeth again.

 

This single thing fills Chanyeol’s heart.

 

“Hey but how come the other is ‘Baekhyunie’ and I’m just ‘hyung’?”

He’s faking offense just to encourage Jongin to call him anything else in this new intimacy.

 

“But I call you Chanyeolie sometimes.”

 

“In the presence of others.”

 

“So you want Chanyeolie in a certain moment or-”  Jongin’s left corner of the mouth twitch. “Tsss.I will think about it. So. I’ve been listening to this song for a while, and I think is the perfect song for us. I would like to make a cover. With you.”

This time Jongin directs the song to the small speakers on his desk.

 

The moment the first line is out they share a look full of meanings.

 

Chanyeol immediately recognize why Jongin wants to do this with him. Yes, the lyrics, the vibe, the voices, everything fits right for them.

 

“First time I heard it this guy’s lower voice reminded me of yours. So I have practiced the high voice. I don’t know, maybe we can arrange it differently, put some ad libs or different voices. Also I think some electric guitar it’s required, and maybe give it more trendy beats or sound effects? Not to many changes as to change the vibe tho.

 

Chanyeol is enthralled listening Jongin talk. He already lowered his arm to rest his head again on his hand.

 

“Don’t know if someone have told you before, but you are a great musician, Jongin.”

 

Jongin gets dumbfounded.

“Hyung, please I don’t even play an instrument.”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head.

“It doesn’t matter. Your ear is very musical and refined, you are always very careful on hitting the keys right when you sing. You feel the music. I guess that’s why your dance is so special.”

 

Jongin is in cloud 9.

“Stop.” Jongin’s face is quickly hidden in the other’s shoulder. Chanyeol can tell the cheeks are burning.

 

“No, I won’t.” Chanyeol pursuits his lips forward and touches the dancer’s cheek for a few seconds.

 

“So tell me when you can go to the studio this week. I want you to exchange ideas with the producer, please.”

 

“Yes, boss.”  

 

Jongin smiles softly and Chanyeol start playing tongues again and then their mouths meet and they get lost in this bliss until sleep take over.