Part 1

Jongin and Monsieur have beef now

Chanyeol watches his phone vibrates and his eyes turn into his usual confused frown state when he sees the short message appearing on the notification bar:
 

‘😒’
 

He’s currently letting Sehun take over with reading fans' comments, while he’s scrolling over his phone and entertaining an unsettled Monsieur.
 

Hm?’
 

He knew Jongin was at practice today but not exactly until what time. They haven’t seen each other since two days ago, when it was Jongin who passed by at Chanyeol’s place in the night. It’s been like this for a while. No rules nor pacts. Such a comforting relationship. They do each their own life, have their own place, their own schedules, but always maintaining a strange private closeness that at the same time it’s not intentionally hidden. A daily communication about every little thing, schedules, whereabouts, calls and texts that feel so natural for them out of the need to see and care for each other. It’s not like this routine has changed so much through the years, but something between them definitely has, lately.  It’s been in crescendo after the shortening of available members in the team.
So of course Chanyeol told his mate about the vlive today.
 

What the hell are you two doing?’
 

.......’

 

Chanyeol likes to do this ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ on a regular basis.

Junmyeon? it’s you?’


He just knows that at the other side of the line Jongin is rolling his eyes, don’t even caring about answering that or sending the proper emoji.


Sehun been a cute drunkass and I been his nanny, as Junmyeon- I mean you, begged me for. What else is new.’

 

‘And Monsieur.’

 

Chanyeol didn't get it at first.

 

‘And stop playing SuperM.’

 

Chanyeol didn't respond to that either but he knows Jongin kept to himself the 'I know you don't like it'

 

‘Okay, Junmyeon. Anything else, leader?’

 

And watch out what you play from your phone, please.’

 

Some of the Jongin’s new album demos are in Chanyeol’s phone.  The rapper has been nagging him about knowing finally what kind of tracks the almighty Kai is choosing for his debut solo. The dancer was also very interested in his fellow musician's opinion, so he’s the first one calling to review everything with the other each time something is finished. They have been doing these sessions for several nights now. One of their favorite things to do, the two in earphones, lying back in bed, sharing music tracks. Lately, .

 

‘And stop playing with that dog.’


At the mention of Monsieur again Chanyeol is getting curious.

Or maybe it is just Jonginie in one of his cranky days for not getting a certain move improved in the practice room.

 

Rough day?’

 

HE HAS A CRUSH ON YOU. I noticed it. AND YOU GAVE IN. I notice it. CAUSE YOU JUST CAN’T GET OVER YOUR BEEF WITH TOBEN.’

 

He thinks he can hear the boost in his now chiseled tummy and tries to suppress the huge outburst of laughs that is menacing to be caught by the whole world’s attention on the cam.

The boost also passes really close to his ego.

 

WOW. You’re really watching.’

 

Hyung, is not hygienic or safe right now going around smooching dogs.’

 

Chanyeol is always thankful for having someone worried about his good condition but he knows better to believe this is Jongin’s real motive.


Well he was kind of asking. 🙄
And he’s cute.  And all the boys fall for me. What can I do. 😚’

 

Chanyeol waits, expecting for Jongin’s nonchalant reply but instead receives one of the most viral Jongin pouty face meme, according to fans.
 

He feels the sting in his elfie ears. Chanyeol loves this. That Jongin is watching him. He loves when the almighty Kim Jongin pays this special attention to him, in details, and also points them out.

He remembers years ago, when Jongin has stated he’s a good kisser, even if only out as a cute comment in a members conversation, out of Chanyeol sometimes surprised him with friendly smooches on his cheeks. But Jogin is been showing him more and more and it’s a new thing, a possessiveness, and he finds himself reciprocating ,though not making it too obvious, in the public or private act, but a different hint is there.

The dancer has not been up to express more of these kinds of details with anyone,anymore, and the rapper has not felt like doing it either. The have have seen each other grow up together, adn so many things have evolved into several territories.

 

Seeing that Jongin seemed to be finished with this telenovela  Chanyeol makes a mental note to keep going with this charade later when he can get a grip on him.

 

But only a few minutes later Jongin’s name is on his phone incoming call- as 'gomJi and he’s not that surprised.

He was kind of wanting more, actually, having this new subject to have fun at its expenses, cause he’s a bit tired and bored to death.

He actually miss Jongin. All the time.

He decides to pay the almighty Kim Jongin a tribute. Like back in the day when Jongin didn’t have his name registered with his phone number. Just for flavor.

He also knows that this call has to be public so he immediately plays safe and warns Jongin about the open speaker.

Even if Jongin is a pro at public appearances breaking down his cute soft ways with fans, he can tell his tone is still mortified. That makes Chanyeol’s insides laugh some more, igniting his teasing mode. He’s conscious Jongin is watching every single detail now when he strikes him in the guts with the 'I'm watching because is you, Hyung'

That’s part of Jongin too. Going straight for the guts when he’s upset. In this case Chanyeol’s heart does an unwelcome beat that he will dissolve asap following the train of tease he already started. Cause Park Chanyeol is also a pro, damn it.

 

Monsieur been right beside has served him right to make things easier and also funnier, finally letting him get out the laughs he’s been hiding, making him nervous, in a good kind of way.

 

Now he wonders how would it be  if Jongin were here with them, if the tedium of coming up with ideas to entertain the fans during 45 minutes would have become nothing. If the boredom of this time would have flied away as easily as his brain always goes when Jongin soft laughs flutters around his jokes.

A routine he also pays enough attention just now as to notice it.

=====