Chapter 6 (TW)

Lion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s near”, said Shuhua.

 

“Let’s be care—” Suddenly, someone came to hit Soyeon hard enough in a flash for her to get unconscious as soon as her whole body hit the wall.

 

“Soyeon!” All of them moved away from that spot.

 

She laughed like a maniac with blood flowing from her head to toe.

 

”One down”, she the blood off her hand.

 

“It’s really Soojin’s sister, Seojin”, said Miyeon.

“Oh, now I remember you. You’re the girls who came to save my stupid little sister from me. Where is she? Is she dead?” She laughs.

“I bet she is. Someone who can’t kill for power is someone as weak as paper.”

“Shut it! Soojin isn’t weak but you are! You only rely on other people to be powerful!” Shuhua shouted.

 

She goes to Shuhua and stares at her face.

 

“Killing two birds with one stone, the Lord would sure love me even more!” She closed her eyes as if she was fantasizing about something.

 

Shuhua took the chance and tried to stab her with her knife but the knife just broke.

 

She opened her eyes and said, “Too bad, I’ve taken the second pillar’s ability”. She punched Shuhua’s face again and again.

 

“Without that pretty face, the Lord would no longer be interested with you!”

 

Minnie sings for her to fall asleep.

 

“You fool—” Seojin falls on her knees.

“I’m gonna break your throat and make sure you’ll never be heard again!” She shouted in anger.

 

“Seojin, stop this!” Soojin suddenly came.

“So you are still alive.” She pants.

“Don’t call me that. I’ve changed my name a long time ago. I’m now Devora, the first pillar!”

“How did you even become the first pillar now that you became their ally after the war?!” Soojin asked.

“That’s simple! I killed the fourth pillar in the past just like how I killed that foolish and weak second pillar!” She points at the dead body of the original owner of the palace; the second pillar.

 

Soojin looked around and saw both Soyeon and Shuhua unconscious.

 

“You’ve really become a monster!” Soojin shouted. She ran towards her to attack her and end it all but Devora suddenly stood up, shocking them that she was able to overcome the struggle hearing Minnie’s voice.

 

Yuqi quickly used her toughest plants to keep Devora from moving around.

 

“Stop with the games, you amateurs!” Devora tried to hit the plant with her steel hard fists and feet, but failed to break it.

“I’ve learned how to make it tougher like how Minnie learned to control who’ll be affected with her voice!” Yuqi smirked, feeling proud.

“Not only you two improved!” Miyeon raised her hands up, making hundreds of pointed ices. The moment she slammed her hand down, the ice went down, breaking even Yuqi’s plant, hitting Devora with it.

“I see I still haven’t beat your ability.” Yuqi chuckles.

“You finished her off. That was cool, Miyeon.” Minnie praised her for the first time.

 

Suddenly, Devora laughed and looked at them with a devil-like smile.

 

“Do you think I’m as weak as those two pillars you beat?! Now you asked for it!”

 

Suddenly, Devora’s body started moving weirdly.

 

“She must be transforming to a demon!” Minnie frowned.

“Let’s take Soyeon and Shuhua’s body then get out of here for now!” Yuqi said.

 

Yuqi ran to take Soyeon while Minnie ran to take Shuhua and Miyeon came to take Soojin who was currently shaking and crying in fear, remembering the past.

 

“Soojin, we need to escape. Let’s go”, said Miyeon.

“Escape—” Soojin tried to stand up but she failed to, out of fear. She was feeling so weak.

 

“I was so mad at Shuhua before but here I am, not even moving a leg out of fear. Soojin, you’re really stupid. Until when will you stay weak and blame others for it?” Soojin grits her teeth.

 

“Miyeon—” Soojin pants.

“—We don’t have time to escape”, she continued.

“But we have to try! We don’t have a choice!” Miyeon shouted.

“We do”, said Soojin.

“Soojin, you don’t—” Miyeon gulps.

“Stay away”, said Soojin.

 

Miyeon did as she said.

 

Soojin took a deep breath.

 

“Soojin, a human who has a demon’s blood flowing on her body, yes, that is me.” Soojin accepts the fact that she’s half demon for the first time.

 

Soojin was already about to transform to a demon to protect them all but Soyeon came and stopped her.

 

“Are you okay?” Soojin asked.

“Let me handle this. I wasn’t called the daughter of Satan for nothing”, said Soyeon.

 

Devora finished transforming and flew to Minnie.

 

“Any last words before you lose not just your voice but your life?” Devora asked.

“You’ll never be happy, ”, Minnie said.

 

Devora was about to choke Minnie to death but someone from behind suddenly slashed her wings.

 

“I don’t care which pillar are you or what your name now is, but the fact that you messed with my girls is a different thing. I’ll kill you!” Soyeon shouted.

 

Soyeon’s whole body is literally on fire. She’s no longer holding back even just a bit.

 

“Sorry for taking a nap earlier. It felt like someone tuck me to sleep earlier when she hit me.”

”How dare you destroy my beautiful wings and belittle me?!” Devora screamed.

 

Devora ran fast to Soyeon.

 

They fought hand to hand and their strength matched.

 

The four of them took Shuhua and stayed away from them to make sure they won’t be nuisance to Soyeon.

 

“How long can you keep this up?” Devora smirked, seeing Soyeon’s mana is lowering after a couple of minutes.

“Until I kill you!” Soyeon’s fist went through Devora’s stomach with her really strong punch and fire. Quickly, the wound closed, stucking Soyeon’s fist there.

“You can never beat me! I’m a demon!” Devora raises her hand to have enough force to cut Soyeon’s arm.

“You’re a demon but I am the child of your leader, Satan!” Soyeon’s fire got even stronger, so is her body, making it possible for her to cut Devora’s body in half by pulling her stuck fist upwards as she jump up.

“Now, rest.” Soyeon burns Devora from above.

 

Devora screamed in pain as her body burn.

 

Soyeon falls with no mana or physical strength left. Yuqi uses her plants to catch Soyeon.”

 

“It is now finish for real, right?” Miyeon asked.

“The core, where is the core?” Soojin asked.

“What core?” Miyeon asked.

“That is like a black gem. Destroying that is the only way demons would die. A fire couldn’t destroy it but a force can. Find it before she gets back to her form!” Soojin said.

 

They looked around but failed to find it around the area where Devora got burnt.

 

“What is it you’re looking for?” They heard Devora’s voice from a distance.

 

She laughs at them and says, “You’re all naïve for thinking demons would die with flame! Demons live at Hell, a place filled with fire! I was in pain earlier not because of her fire but also because I threw my core away!”

 

She went and kicked them all away except for Soyeon.

 

“You’ll be a good food for me. I’ve always dreamt of throwing flames around. It’s a waste, “Satan’s child” was just a nickname, but not bad, still.”

 

Suddenly, someone hit Devora really hard, her body hit and broke the wall.

 

“Who was that?!” Devora felt anguish.

 

When sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter