Chapter 5

Lion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin kisses Shuhua’s forehead.

 

“How is it?” Shuhua asked.

 

Soojin shook her head as a sign she saw nothing regarding her ability again.

 

“This is frustrating. You’ve been kissing my forehead twice a week since the day we discovered my hearing ability, but you still don’t see anything. I wish I could now know all my abilities so I could train properly on how to use it all well”, said Shuhua.

“I don’t know if you’re complaining because your abilities aren’t showing or because of my kisses”, said Soojin.

“I’m not complaining about your kisses at all. I like it, don’t worry, it’s okay.” Shuhua pinches Soojin’s cheek.

“I bet you’d be happier if Minnie would do it for you”, Soojin half-whispered.

“You know I can hear you, right?” Shuhua asked.

 

Soojin keeps silent, thinking she forgot about Shuhua’s hearing ability.

 

“Don’t be jealous. I still like you more than Minnie.” Shuhua blinks her eyes.

“Stop acting cute”, Soojin commanded her.

“Why? Why? Don’t you like it?” Shuhua tries to act even cuter.

 

“Why aren’t you answering? You like it, don’t you?” Shuhua hugs her tight.

“My Soojin is such a jealous woman. Don’t worry, I love you the most.”

“What do you even know about love?” Soojin asked.

“I love all of you that’s why I train harder than anyone else so I could protect all of you. I know that, at least.” Shuhua answered.

“Well, it’s not like I know any other kind of love other than that too”, said Soojin.

 

“Ha! Soojin! My cute fluffy friend is hungry! I’ll be right back!” Shuhua said.

“Which friend?”

“He said his name is ‘Bear’ so I call him Mr. Bear.”

“Are you serious?!” Soojin asked.

 

Shuhua nods and says, “I’ll be back in a while”.

 

Soojin goes in their house and looks for Soyeon.

 

“Soyeon, I think Shuhua has gone mad”, said Soojin.

“Why?”

“She said she’ll go to meet her friend named ‘Mr. Bear’. I think it’s a real Bear.”

“Maybe it’s just a hairy squirrel or something. Calm down, Soojin. If it was a bear, it would have attacked her already”, said Yuqi.

“But we do know there are bears in this forest”, said Soyeon.

“Could it be—” The three of them looked at each other.

 

“Miyeon, Minnie, come with us. We’ll look for Shuhua”, said Soyeon.

 

Yuqi talked with the trees around to know the direction Shuhua went. They ran as fast as they could and found Shuhua lying down beside a real bear.

When the bear saw them, he suddenly got mad and roared really loud.

 

“Shuhua, stay away from that creature! It’s dangerous!” Soyeon shouted.

 

Soyeon was about to shoot a ball of flame on it but Shuhua covered him and said, “He’s not! He’s a good guy!”

 

Shuhua faced the bear and caressed its arm.

 

“It’s okay, Mr. Bear. They are good people. They won’t harm you”, said Shuhua.

 

The bear groaning sounds, making all of them ready to protect Shuhua.

 

“Calm down. It’s okay, I promise”, Shuhua smiles.

 

Suddenly, he sat down. They all got surprised, seeing how Shuhua was able to calm him down.

 

“Can you understand him, by any chance?” Minnie asked.

 

Shuhua nods and asks, “Don’t we all understand animals?”

 

“We don’t!” They all answered.

“For real?!” Shuhua got really shocked.

“I started talking with birds since I was young, so I thought it’s normal for us to understand animals”, said Shuhua.

“That’s another ability!” Miyeon said.

“Maybe that’s why she had a small birthmark when we met her”, said Soojin.

“That’s right. That ability must be it”, said Soyeon.

 

“But if you can understand animals, why do you eat pigs?” Soojin asked.

“Pigs are tasty! I also feed Mr. Bear boars, you know? I help him hunt!” Shuhua boasted.

“Wow, you can be friends with them but you have no sympathy for pigs because you find them tasty…” said Yuqi.

“It’s okay. There are a lot of such creature in this world. Right, Mr. Bear?” Shuhua asked.

 

The bear nods.

 

“Wow, they really understand each other.” They all got amazed.

“Sorry for trying to hurt you, Mr. Bear. I’m Soyeon.” Soyeon tried to shake hands with him.

“Oh, I haven’t taught him that. Give me a sec”, said Shuhua.

 

“Mr. Bear, when someone wants to be friends with you, they usually shake hands. You do this then shake it up and down like that.”

 

“They’re so cute!” Miyeon giggles.

 

He followed Shuhua and tried to shake hands with Soyeon.

 

“He’s a fast learner, isn’t he?!” Shuhua proudly said.

“He sure is. You’re amazing, Mr. Bear.” Soyeon smiles.

“I’m Yuqi! If you want to eat any kind of plant or vegetable, just tell me. I could make it grow anywhere for you.” Yuqi winks.

 

The bear groans.

 

“He said he wants to eat carrots right now”, said Shuhua.

“Really? Here, then.” Yuqi makes a big carrot grow on the side.

 

The bear excitedly ran to eat it.

 

“I didn’t know bears eat vegetables too”, said Soojin.

“They do but they like meat more that’s why I help him hunt boars. Maybe I’m a bear, that’s why I like meat too”, said Shuhua.

“Now that you mention it— the birthmark on your forehead looks hairy. Maybe it’s actually a bear”, said Soojin.

“Let us see”, said Miyeon.

 

Soojin kisses Shuhua’s forehead to make the birthmark shine.

 

They all stared at it.

 

“She’s right. It might really be a bear.”

 

“Do you have a giraffe friend?” Soyeon asked.

“Oh! I love giraffes!” Yuqi said.

“Stop copying meeee!” Soyeon rolls her eyes.

“I’m not! I really like them too!” Yuqi insisted.

 

“I don’t know what giraffes are, so I’m not sure”, said Shuhua.

“Uh, they have exceptionally long necks”, said Soyeon.

 

Shuhua thinks of it.

 

“I know some. The llama family has long necks. The duck family has long necks too. What else?” Shuhua thinks harder.

“I guess animals name themselves base on what they hear from humans”, said Yuqi.

“They are yellow and they have something like…spots?” Soyeon tries harder to explain it.

“Ms. Cheetah has spots but she doesn’t have a long neck.”

“Shuhua, do you know anyone named Mr. or Ms. Giraffe?” Yuqi makes the question more simple.

 

Shuhua shakes her head and says, “No”.

 

“Too bad. I wanted to ride one ever since”, said Yuqi.

“Me first! You’re just copying me anyway!” Soyeon said.

 

“Okay, you two, stop fighting. I’ll make both of you ride at the same time when I meet a giraffe.” Shuhua laughs, seeing them acting like kids.

 

“Mr. Bear, I’m Minnie. That one chickening out right there is Miyeon. She’s too scared to come close but she’s also a good person.”

 

Miyeon waves at him from afar.

 

The bear carries the carrot and walks towards Miyeon.

 

“Don’t come close, please.” Miyeon hides Behind Shuhua.

“Don’t worry, he just wants to be friends and share the carrot with you”, said Shuhua.

“I’m full. Thank you. I will just shake hands when you when I already can.” Miyeon smiles awkwardly.

 

Suddenly, the bear made loud noises as if it was laughing out loud. Shuhua laughed together with him and said, “Miyeon, he said your knees are shaking!”

 

“Don’t tease me!” Miyeon pouts.

 

“But Shuhua, you said you hunt boars with him, right? Does it means you can already kill animals?” Soojin asked.

 

Shuhua nods and asks, “You didn’t know? I can also already shoot moving targets like birds.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter