Chapter 2

Lion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Shuhua was woken up by Minnie.

 

“Did you stay here all night? For real?” Miyeon asked.

 

Shuhua nods.

 

“We’re really sorry. We totally forgot you mentioning that you can’t go home from here”, said Soyeon.

“I didn’t forget but I thought it was a joke”, said Miyeon.

“Do I look like a joker?” Shuhua chuckles.

“A bit?” Yuqi answered.

“Oh?” Shuhua runs to Yuqi and pulls her somewhere a bit far.

 

“How are you? Did you two already make up?” Shuhua half-whispered.

“Oh, I’m fine, my friend! Thanks for asking! And make up? You mean with Soyeon? Of course! She can’t spend a day without me!” Yuqi laughs.

“I whispered for everyone not to hear but you answered out loud—” said Shuhua, with a blank face.

 

Shuhua walked back to everyone and said, “Can you guys take me home first? I have to get myself clean and eat before all the training, of course.”

 

“Okay, let’s do that”, said Soyeon.

 

They were about to reach her place but they stopped walking because they saw soldiers around the house.

 

“She’s nowhere to be found. Let’s go look for her elsewhere”, a soldier shouted.

 

“This is bad. They must have known about you. Let’s go. From now on, you’ll need to live with us for your own safety”, said Soyeon.

“It must be her—” Soojin said.

“Who?” Shuhua asked.

“I have a sister who works with the conquerors and she has the same abilities as me. She must have seen you too, that’s why they are looking for you.” Soojin answered.

“Could that be the reason why they killed my grandma?” Shuhua answered.

“That’s possible. Let’s save all the chit chat for later. We better go now. I don’t feel so well for me to be able to put all of them to sleep once they see us.” Minnie said.

 

They went back to the place where Shuhua was taken by Soojin back then. It’s a small house in the forest.

 

“Minnie, why don’t you rest?” Miyeon asked.

“She’s right. I told you, coming with us isn’t a must at all”, said Soyeon.

“But I don’t want Shuhua to think that I’m a lazy person.”

“Why would I? I’m not that kind of person. Your health is more important”, said Shuhua.

“Thank you. I’ll make it up to you and help as much as I can as soon as I get better”, said Minnie.

 

Shuhua nods with a smile and says, “Get well soon, Minnie.”

 

“Aww~ Hearing you calling her name sounds so sweet. Can you call mine too?” Yuqi asked.

 

Soyeon flicks Yuqi’s forehead.

 

“Stop that. Come with me to buy things for Shuhua.”

“Fine, fine.” Yuqi pouts.

 

“I’ll cook breakfast for you. Just give me a few minutes”, said Soojin.

“The bathroom is that way. You can use it and take a bath while waiting for the food.” Miyeon smiles.

“Thank you but— I don’t have any clothes with me. Can I borrow some?”

“Sure! Base on your height and body frame, I think you can wear Soojin or Yuqi’s clothes.”

“Don’t use mine”, said Soojin.

“Hey, aren’t you being too cold again?” Miyeon asked.

 

Soojin keeps silent.

 

“It’s okay. I can wear Yuqi’s.” Shuhua smiles.

 

Miyeon gives her everything she needs before she enters the bathroom.

 

“Why does she hate me so much? I feel like she’s a good person deep inside but she’s so cold towards me. What’s wrong with her?” Shuhua wondered.

“Is it because I’m powerless? She must be really disappointed with me.” Shuhua sighs.

 

After taking a bath, Shuhua sat down beside Miyeon.

 

“I didn’t expect you’ll be this good in drawing”, said Shuhua.

 

Miyeon smiled and said, “This is my dream community. No people suffering, no wars, just love and peace.”

“That’s exactly the same thing I want, that’s why I’m doing this, even though I’m not really sure if I’ll be a big help to all of you.”

“That’s why you need to train really hard. We’ll be starting in a week or two. We don’t have any time to waste, especially now that they already know about you.” Soojin puts the plate in front of her.

“Eat a lot.” She added.

“Thank you.” Shuhua starts eating.

 

“I’ll be taking some herbs for Minnie. I’ll be back in a few minutes”, said Soojin.

“Okay, be careful. Don’t get hurt.” Miyeon said.

 

Soojin takes her bow and axe, wears her robe and leaves.

 

“Now I see the real purpose of your robes. I thought you were wearing it to hide your birthmark. I didn’t think you were all wearing it to hide weapons”, said Shuhua.

 

Miyeon nods.

 

“But why do you need to use weapons now that you special abilities? I understand Soojin, but the rest of you, why?”

“You see, we still have limits. Each of us has “mana” and if we ran out of it, we won’t be use our abilities anymore. If we do, we’ll probably collapse or even get sick.” Miyeon explained.

“Am I annoying for knowing nothing?” Shuhua asked.

“No, not at all. It’s okay. We understand why, so don’t worry.” Miyeon smiles.

“Why do you think Soojin hates me so much, then?”

“Soojin? I don’t think she does. She’s really just immature most of the time.”

“Is she the youngest one among you?”

“I’m the oldest one. Next is Minnie, Soojin, Soyeon then Yuqi. You see, she’s not the youngest but there are people who are—what do you call that? Late bloomer? Yeah, I think that’s what you call that.” Miyeon answered.

 

“But she’s not a bad person at all. She actually takes care of all of us like a mom. She does the cooking most of the time, and like what you just saw, she went out to get herbs for Minnie so she could make a medicine for her. The five of us are different. We all have flaws and issues. None of us is perfect so I hope you’ll be able to bear with all of us.” Miyeon said.

“I hope you’ll also be able to bear with me”, said Shuhua.

 

“Did Yuqi and Soyeon fight any further last night?” Shuhua asked.

 

Miyeon shrugged and said, “When we found them, Yuqi was already sleeping on Soyeon’s lap.”

“I quite envy your bond. I mean, I never had a friend since I’ve been isolated since birth so I never experienced having a fight with anyone, having fun with anyone, making up with anyone, things like that. I think I’m missing a lot of things in life.” Shuhua said.

“We’re all friends now, aren’t we? So don’t worry. You’ll be experiencing all of that sooner or later. But fighting isn’t fun at all, I’m telling you.” Miyeon giggles.

“Have you had a serious fight with any of them?”

 

Miyeon shook her head and said, “Minnie teases me all the time but we never really fought. I just argue with them at times but arguing isn’t considered fighting, right?”

“I think so. So, is Minnie the closest one with you?”

“I suppose.”

“Yuqi has Soyeon, you have Minnie—Who’s the closest one with Soojin?”

“We all are. But now that I think about it, she’s the one who’s often alone among us. I never really thought about that.”

 

“She must be sad somewhat.” Shuhua told herself.

 

“Can you tell me about the day your power got awaken?” Shuhua asked.

“Uh, my story isn’t really special. It was just a very hot day and all I wanted was an iced water but we can’t afford it. While looking at the glass of water I have, it suddenly froze.” Miyeon laughs out loud.

“Isn’t that funny?! Really random, right?!”

 

Shuhua laughs with her and says, “It must have been the reason why Yuqi joked about you having ice cubes birthmark.”

 

“Yeah, exactly. The one who has the coolest story among us is Yuqi but I don’t really kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter