Five

Fainting Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This dining room is such a waste,” Chaeyoung murmurs while looking at the long table with 10 or 12 chairs around it, “especially with just the two of us who use the kitchen counter often.” 

 

Mina stops wiping the ceramic plates. “We can eat here if you want.”

 

Chaeyoung laughs. “No, no. It’s extra work. The fridge is also far from here. These heavy bowls will tire us out. Imagine carrying these bad boys back and forth three times a day,” she tries to show it by lifting the casserole and immediately regrets when it almost topples down. 

 

Mina shakes her head at Chaeyoung who calls old plates bad boys. She just walks wordlessly to the cupboard in the corner and says, “Not if we have this,” before revealing the—

 

“A food elevator!” Chaeyoung screams and runs towards Mina. She immediately leans her head inside.

 

The kid in her feels giddy. She never thought of seeing an actual dumbwaiter, especially not in Korea. 

 

“So what do you think?” Mina asks, making Chaeyoung jump at the sudden breath on her neck.

 

They bump their heads in the process. “Ouch…” With a grimace, they look at each other before breaking into a hearty laugh.  

 

“You’re so clumsy,” Mina teases the other girl. She goes back to her seat, back to cleaning and arranging long-stored kitchenwares.

 

“It’s because you enjoy surprising me so much,” Chaeyoung bites back, still disoriented from the feeling of Mina’s breath on her neck. 

 

“Oh, do I?” Mina playfully arches her brow.

 

“You know what I mean.” Chayeoung shakes her head, also about to return to work when Mina asks if she has an extra tie because apparently she forgot hers downstairs.

 

Without thinking, Chaeyoung makes a small sound of affirmation before gathering Mina’s long blonde hair into a ponytail.

 

Mina's entire body stiffens, but Chaeyoung doesn’t notice as she continues her ministrations like it’s the most natural thing to do.

 

While arranging the girl’s hair, Chaeyoung glimpses something odd on Mina’s nape.

 

She slows down. 

 

Using her fingertip, Chaeyoung traces the faded lines of the delicate flowers on Mina’s neck.

 

They stem from her nape and extends all the way down to her back.

 

Chaeyoung's dainty finger makes Mina fidgety. 

 

“Is this a primrose?” Chaeyoung whispers softly, entranced by the colorful ink.

 

“Yes…” Mina answers, breathless from Chaeyoung’s touch.

 

Other flowers surround the primrose, but before she can ask about them, Mina abruptly stands up and tie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter