[ b o n u s ; Sungjae ver ] - at last, we're home

and if we're destined to be, fate would brought us back together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S u n g j a e

“You sure you're okay, Sungjaeya?” that was the first thing Eunkwang asked when he and the other 5 members come to fetch the maknae from the hospital.

“I am. The doctor said it'd take four to five weeks to get healed. The pain would come and go and I can't strain my back but overall I'm well enough now,” he answered.

“Anyway, what's with the fuss? I just got discharged, it's nothing big why would you all come?” Sungjae asked, a bit touched by seeing all s present.

“Don't flatter yourself, Sungjae. We're here because we're waiting for you to drop the bomb,” Changsub sneakily snarled.

Sungjae's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “what bomb?”

“Don't act like you know nothing. Quick spill the tea already!” Ilhoon added, impatiently.

Sungjae still confused, “tea? What tea?”

“Tell us what happened last night Sungjaeya.” Minhyuk tried to elaborate.

Aah, last night. Sungjae thought as his mind finally clicked and understand.

“Uhm...” he was about to begin but contemplating, conscious with their manager's presence, driving them back to their dorm.

“Don't worry I know everything,” Manager Kim seemed to read the worry plastered on the maknae's face.

“You-you know?”

“Mmhm, I know. Red Velvet's Manager didn't tell you?” Manager Kim repeated himself.

Aah, right. Red Velvet's Manager. Sungjae thought as he's struck with another realisation.

“It's already 3 in the morning, Sooyounga. Should I take you home? It's dangerous to go home alone,” Sungjae offered, genuinely concerned.

“Yah! Are you crazy? You're going to take me home? In this state? Do you want to get both of us killed?!” Sooyoung questioned his sanity, raised her voice involuntarily.

Sungjae chuckled, she was always the same. So quick to jump into conclusions.

“No, silly. I mean I can get you a designated driver and accompany you back to your dorm. Did I say I will drive you? I said I will take you home,” Sungjae patiently explained.

“Oh.” Sooyoung bashfully smiled, rubbing the back of her neck embarrassed by her mistake.

“So, should I call the driver now? You said you should get back to your dorm before sunrise,” Sungjae repeated himself.

“Oh?” Sooyoung jolted in surprise, she was busy cursing herself of how stupid she was.

“No need. Manager Eonnie will pick me up, she's already nearby. Beside, if you take me home then it means you ran away from the hospital, Pabo.” Sooyoung finally able to answer him.

“Your manager... You mean, Red Velvet's Manager?” Sungjae unsurely asked.

“Yeah, who else?” Sooyoung replied nonchalantly.

Wait, if her manager going to fetch her here doesn't that mean...

“Does she know you're here visiting me?” he asked once more, just to be sure.

Sooyoung nodded, “she was the one who dropped me off here.”

Sungjae giving her a questioned look.

“Yes, Oppa. She knows about you, about us and she has nothing against it as long we're being careful.”

“Ah~ is that so? That's a relief.” Sungjae giddily grinned as if he just won Sooyoung's parents' blessing. For now, her manager's blessing alone is enough.

“She's here. I should get going. You're gonna get discharged this afternoon, right?”

“Mmhm.”

“Okay, take care and don't forget to take your meds on time. See you soon, Oppa.” she bid a goodbye as she shyly planted a kiss on Sungjae's forehead, leaving him flying to the cloud nine.

“Oh, yeah. Sooyoungie has told me about it, I forgot.”

“Uuuu Sooyoungie~~” the members are teasing him.

“I got a goosebumps, aish really you cheesy Sungjae!” Ilhoon lightly hit Sungjae's shoulder, his fingers was all curled up couldn't stand the cheesiness. Sungjae laughed at his playful remarks.

“Okay, tell us more, tell us more!” his hyungs pleaded.

“Let's call it a day and save it for later. I need a rest,” Sungjae sticking his tongue out before putting his sleeping eye patch and completely ignoring his hyungs.

“Aish, this maknae is no fun, really!” the members protested in unison.

-----

January 5, 2018

It was still early in the morning. The members was mostly still sound asleep.

Sungjae was up earlier than he used to. It was a bit hard adjusting himself back to work after he had a week of full of bed rest.

His whole body feels sore because he hasn't moved it for too long. He is glad he finally can be back on track. Even though he hasn't fully healed yet, he really missed working. He prefer being busy to do nothing. He was always so hyper and literally can't stay still longer than five minutes, so it wasn't new for people around him.

Sungjae was busy getting ready by himself quietly, doesn't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter