Distress

Views with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The show was done. The two-hour live show was indeed exhausting for Chanyeol; having to smile at everyone, pretend that everything is okay, and not be able to go to the bathroom throughout the duration of the show--these are the things he had been doing since his idol days but still could not get used to. What's worst, being on a live show would mean that he needed to agree to everything the guests say. Everything.

Celebrity Pack's pilot episode recorded 1,902 views on MotionTime, and even had a 9.8% share of the total viewership ratings for noon time shows in the country. They were doing pretty well for a new show, and it also did good for their guests. IZONE's daily brand ranking rose from #20 to #4, while Power Pop's name immediately trended in search engines at #3.

Chanyeol was already inside their van, and he was just waiting for the driver and Junmyeon to arrive with the stuff and clothes he left at the studio's dressing room. Oddly enough, he wasn't satisfied with the show. He didn't enjoy it at all, especially because he had to listen to Power Pop's ex-member Sarang spout nonsense and hateful comments against one of her previous groupmates.

 

"For a girl group coming from a newly established agency, you really did well for your debut," Hani commented as she showed an old album of Power Pop, "I heard that your first EP had almost 10,000 sales in physical copies."

Sarang nodded shyly, but still obviously proud of her group's achievement, "Everyone in Bluestar Ent supported us, especially our manager, she was like an older sister to us. We were also thankful for our fans who waited for us since our trainee days."

"Your debut song called 'Love Potion' was hailed as 2017's Song of the Year," Chanyeol added, "And I listened to the song during its release, too. It was very catchy."

"Thank you very much. We're honored to have our song on your playlist back in the days," Sarang responded meekly.

The interview was going well, until Yoo Jaesuk dropped the question that made everything awkward and tense, well, at least for Chanyeol.

"But it's kinda sad that you had to disband right after your second comeback," Yoo Jaesuk commented as he turned to look at the audience, "I believe everyone in this room was shocked when Bluestar announced the sudden disbandment."

"I know," Sarang sighed, obviously feeding the sympathetic looks she was getting from the audience, "It was difficult for us four to break the news in the fancafe, too."

Chanyeol was intrigued. Sarang perfectly knew they had five members. Why was she suddenly talking about four members? He turned to look at Hani, and she was obviously confused with Sarang's choice of words as well. Yoo Jaesuk remained calm, though, and he looked like he knew something was up.

An uncomfortable silence followed. Chanyeol saw from his peripheral view that their PD was signaling at them to speak, so he looked at Hani again and mouthed, "Continue."

"Oh, uh," Hani was obviously caught unprepared. One thing that Celebrity Pack was trying to establish was spontaneous hosting and impromptu speaking to imitate the feel of a normal, friendly conversation. So Chanyeol, Hani, and Jaesuk were not given cue cards and idiot boards were not even posted. The PDs just tell them the details about the guests and the atmosphere they aim to achieve for a particular episode two days before the live show itself, and it was already the three hosts' planning and prerogative on what they were going to say and what direction they would take the episode to.

"Uh, why did your group even disband at an early stage in your career?" Hani asked nervously. She was also quite unsure anymore of what to ask, since she could not also grasp Sarang's error in her words.

Chanyeol felt second hand embarrassment. Everyone in the studio perfectly knew why they disbanded, and it was quite unnecessary for Hani to ask about it anymore. Moreover, their disbandment was controversial.

...but Sarang seemed like she was more than willing to spill old tea about her group, "Our reason for disbanding is known to everyone, but for the viewers who did not know about us, we disbanded because one of our members bullied us."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter