New Beginning

For Better or Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 6

 

 

“This is so sad,” SeungRi moaned when he put the books into the box, “Why must you two leave? Can’t you just stay here? Who will cook for us now?!” he put another stack of books into the box. “Seriously, I’m going to die of hunger.”

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“It’s not like you can’t afford to buy any delicious food that you want,” I said, “You’re just lazy to go out.”

 

“No, it’s not because I’m lazy noona,” SeungRi said, “It’s because I can never eat in public places. The fans won’t leave me alone and I’d feel bad if I ignore their requests for photos or autographs.”

 

Sometimes I do feel bad for them. Whenever YoungBae and I tried to go out, he would always have to put himself in ridiculous disguises so that our date would not be ruined by his fans. He was always apologetic for this but him being a celebrity, I guess I really could not complaint. However, it was better now, thanks to President YG announcing the news of my pregnancy a few weeks ago. Now his fans have learned to keep their distance so that they will not disturb ‘TaeYang Jr.’

 

“Then, you can learn how to cook,” I suggested and SeungRi groaned even louder.

 

“Going to the kitchen? I hate it!” he said. Then he turned to look at me with his huge panda eyes. “Hyungsu-nim, just stay with us, okay? We will take care of you, I promise!”

 

“You do know that we’re moving out because of the baby, don’t you?” I said, pointing towards my huge belly. I was already in my ninth month of pregnancy and due to this, YoungBae had wanted for us to move into another home where his baby can have a perfect baby room, a room which he had spent his own time making. At first, his parents had asked for us to move into their family home but YoungBae turned them down, saying that he wanted to try living on our own first. Lucky for him, his parents were always understanding.

 

The Big Bang members however were not too keen on the idea of us moving out, especially SeungRi. At first, he was really angry at us, refusing to speak to us for a few days after we broke the news to them. It was only after I lured him with his favourite gyudon (beef rice noodle) that he finally spoke to me.

 

“If you two live on your own, who will take care of Junior?!” SeungRi whined again, “If hyung goes out, who will make sure that you’re alright?!”

 

Junior is a nickname that the members had given to the baby. We had not really discussed what we would name him or her so they decided to call him/her Junior.

 

I rolled my eyes. “As if you’ve been taking care of me all these while,” I pointed out, “Even when I’m already huge like this, you still expect me to cook for you.”

 

SeungRi smiled sheepishly. “Well, that’s how I’m helping you, hyungsunim,” he said, “If you keep on cooking, your cooking skills will only get better and hyung will never want to leave the house or eat elsewhere.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

I slapped his arm. “Yah, stop being so disgusting!” I said. SeungRi chortled and continued to help me pack.

 

I really could not believe how fast time flies. It only felt like yesterday when I first moved into this home with four awkward guys, one of whom was my husband. Now that it has been a year, I think I was really going to miss this dorm we called home. We had shared so many fun memories. They were there with me when I found out that I was pregnant and had taken good care of me in their awkward ways. They had really made me feel like a family.  

 

Suddenly, YoungBae appeared in the storage room, with a few empty boxes in his hands. He was wearing a wife-beater and his sweaty muscular arms shone under the light. “Are you tired?” he asked me as he put down the boxes near SeungRi.

 

“No,” I smiled.

 

“That’s because she doesn’t even do anything,” SeungRi whined, “I ask her to only watch while I do all the work.”

 

“Thanks for helping, SeungRi-ah,” YoungBae grinned. Then he turned to look at me, a mischievous grin on his face, “How’s my baby?”

 

I shrugged and rubbed my protruding belly. “I don’t know,” I said, “Why don’t you ask yourself?”

 

YoungBae smiled as he made his way towards me. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek before leaning down to kiss my belly. “How’re you doing, buddy?” he asked softly, his hands on my belly.

 

“Aish, I can’t stand this,” SeungRi muttered and hurried out of the room.

 

YoungBae laughed. “You’re just jealous!” he yelled after him.

 

Suddenly, I felt a little kick from inside me. “You feel it? It’s kicking!”

 

DaeSung magically appeared in the room, his platinum hair shining under the light. “Junior kicked? I want to feel it too,” he grinned.

Then, of course I knew it would happen. All of a sudden, SeungRi, TOP and JiYong had appeared in the room and the five of them had their hands on my belly, waiting expectantly for the magical kick from Junior.

 

Before this, I would find it weird to have them all touching me but now I am already used to it. The would-be godfathers and father were just excited for their unborn child and I did not have the heart to turn them down.

 

As though it knew that they were waiting, Junior gave a violent kick and the five of them roared in glee.

 

“Did you feel that?!”

“I did! It was awesome!”

“Junior really knows how to kick.”

“She’s so smart!!”

“It’s not a she! Junior’s a he!”

“Wanna bet?”

“I don’t care whether Junior’s a she or a he. I want to hold it now.”

“IT?!! You can’t call Junior ‘it’!! Junior is not a thing!!”

“Hey, Junior kicks again!”

“Yahoooo!!”

 

I rolled my eyes. These boys would never change no matter what. I mean, who knew they would act like this in real life? TOP was supposed to be one of the most macho guy in KPop world but here he is, with a goofy grin on his face while his hand is still on my belly. JiYong who was supposed to be one of KPop’s heartthrob and leading fashionista is wearing a bunny pyjama and is dancing in circles with SeungRi, DaeSung and YoungBae.

 

Dorks.

 

*******************

 

To commemorate our move from the house, I decided to hold a farewell party, just the six of us. We had already finished packing all our things and the five guys looked so exhausted.

 

After I had finished preparing our dinner, I called them to the dining table. Of course, TOP was the first to arrive. He was always fast when it comes to food.

 

“Delicious,” he said even though he had not even tasted what I cooked.

 

“Yay, food! I love you hyungsunim. You’re the best!” SeungRi chimed in from behind him, flashing me an adorable grin.

 

DaeSung, JiYong and YoungBae followed suit. Their eyes literally lit up when they saw the food on the table.

 

“Aish, I’m so going to miss this,” JiYong pouted.

“You cooked for us, hyungsunim?” DaeSung asked and I nodded, “But you’re pregnant! You shouldn’t be doing heavy work,” sweet DaeSung began to nag.

“I’ve tried telling her that but she wouldn’t listen,” YoungBae said, “She said she wanted to show her appreciation to you guys for taking care of her all these while.”

“Ah, you’re gonna make me cry,” TOP said.

 

All of a sudden, the mood turned sombre as though we suddenly remembered that we wouldn’t be living together anymore; as though it was really farewell for us.

 

“What’s with the mood?!” YoungBae said, “We’re in front of food. We should never be sad in front of food!”

 

“You’re right,” SeungRi agreed, “It’s not like you’re moving to a place far away. Your new home is only like a block away. I can always come to visit.”

“Yah, maknae! Why you want to disturb other people’s home?!” JiYong said, “They might be busy.”

“With what?!” SeungRi protested, “It’s not like she’s working. Besides, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter