Bundle of Joy

For Better or Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

 

 

I should stop.

I desperately needed to stop.

This is getting ridiculous.

 

Even Mr. Most Ridiculous—SeungRi—said that I was being ridiculous. And embarrassing. Maybe both. I honestly had lost count of how many degrading words he had uttered about me.

 

But how can I stop thinking about the way YoungBae kissed me this morning when he woke up? I was sure that I looked like a mess with the saliva drooling from my mouth but he had gently wiped it away with the blanket and gave me a sweet, lingering kiss.

 

I could still feel the warmth of his lips.

 

It had been five months since we were married but I felt as though we were still in our blissful honeymoon stage and I don’t ever want it to end.

 

“Hyungsu-nim, why are you making a weird monkey face?” SeungRi delivered yet another degrading comment about my seemingly blissful-looking face. Obviously, he was jealous, or had his in a twist –if he was wearing one, that is—or both.

 

I shot him a look.

 

SeungRi seemed unperturbed by the threats I was making with my eyes. He gulped down another piece of garlic bread and brushed off the trail of crumbs he had left on the front of his shirt.

 

As I was seated right in front of him, some of the crumbs had unfortunately hit my eyes and I violently slapped his arm for trying to make me go blind.

 

“Geez, what did I ever do?!” he wailed like a twelve year old. “Seriously hyungsu-nim, you’ve gotten weirder each day. I wonder what hyung had done to you, you poor soul,” he shook his head, sympathy pouring out through his eyes.

 

I slapped his arm for another one minute. I think I might have left him bruised here and there with my violent attacks.

 

“Yah, hyungsu-nim! Seriously! For the love of God, stop!!” he yelled while massaging his arms and pouting like a five year old, “Why are you beating me? What did I ever do?!!”

 

I stifled the urge to laugh. Watching SeungRi looking so forlorn was quite amusing to say the least. It’s amazing how close we had become in these few months we had been living under the same roof. Although he and I fought with each other most of the time, it was like we were really related by blood. I think among all the members, I had fun hanging out with SeungRi the most.

 

YoungBae had found this fact slightly terrifying as he had pointed out to me earlier that month “You two are starting to become so much alike. Stop hanging out with him!” he had complained when he saw me and SeungRi lazing around on the couch in the living room. We were watching a movie and fighting over popcorn simultaneously when YounBae had walked in, thus the reason for his earlier remark.

 

“No, we’re not alike!” SeungRi and I had protested at the same time. It was unfortunate that we both had decided to let go of the bowl of popcorn while we were making our stand about how ‘not alike’ we are, causing the carpet to be splattered with popcorns. It was like a sea of popcorn on the floor.

 

YoungBae shook his head disapprovingly. “I rest my case!” he threw his arms in the air, “Wait until JiYong comes back and see this mess. He’ll kill both of you.”

 

The last bit had freaked the living hell out of SeungRi. He had jumped up in surprise, screamed like a little girl for a whole minute, repeating ‘Hyung’s gonna kill me’ multiple times before cleaning up the mess we had created in the speed of light.

 

Today, again we were hanging out in the kitchen. SeungRi had just gotten back from his gig in Japan and although I could see how tired he was, sweet SeungRi was making some time to hang out with me instead of going straight to bed to rest.

 

“What are you daydreaming about, hyungsu-nim?” he asked, “If I didn’t know you, I’d think you were ‘mental’,” he said ‘mental’ in his heavily accented English which never failed to crack me up.

 

“Mental?” I burst out laughing.

 

“Just a word I picked up from my English fans. ‘Mental’,” he repeated again, his eyes dancing with laughter.

 

I stuck out a tongue.

 

“Do you think Lizzy thinks I’m ‘mental’?” he asked.

 

“Not only Lizzy, I think everyone thinks you’re ‘mental’, SeungRi,” I said matter-of-factly.

 

SeungRi made his ‘sad puppy’ face. Then, a sly, naughty smile crept up on his face. I knew that smile. He was up to something naughty, indeed. He then miraculously produced his Ipad and began to play a Youtube video on it. “Watch this, hyungsu-nim,” he said eagerly as he pushed the Ipad towards me, “You’ll be ‘mental’ for sure after this,” he said with another sly smile.

 

I watched in confusion at the Ipad. An MV titled Prayer by TaeYang was playing. I frowned in confusion.

 

TaeYang.

 

It sounded familiar. I think I heard someone called by that name after the wedding though I could not bring myself to remember who it was. Nevertheless, I continued watching the MV as SeungRi continued to watch me with interest, that sly smile still on his face.

 

Holy smokes.

 

It was him. My husband.

 

He was TaeYang.

 

Damn.

 

He was hot. It was like watching a mild although he was not exactly doing anything . He was just there looking perfectly toned, gyrating his body to the tune of the song and singing his heart out.

 

But...

 

Damn, look at that body!

 

Damn!!

 

“Eww, hyungsu-nim! You’re drooling! That’s disgusting!” SeungRi said in disgust, “You look just like one of hyung’s fangirl!”

 

I shot him a look. “When was this?” I asked SeungRi, as I turned my attention back towards the MV.

 

“During his first solo venture,” SeungRi stated.

 

“First?” I inquired, cocking up one eyebrow, “One more thing, how come he’s called TaeYang?”

 

SeungRi heaved a deep sigh. “Don’t you ever try to find out anything about your husband?” he nagged, “No wonder your sister had a blast doing pranks on you.” Soon after, SeungRi told me that TaeYang was indeed YoungBae’s stage name—the name he’s fondly known as.

 

That was how I found out that my husband is the ‘Sun’.

 

Yes, they called him the ‘Sun’. You know, ‘sun’ as in the source of light in the sky.

 

Apparently, my husband is considered that. Well, at least that’s what his stage name defined him.

 

TaeYang.

 

TaeYang a.k.a the Sun a.k.a the orange thingy a.k.a my husband. How weird is that?

 

Wouldn’t it be weird to be calling your own husband the ‘Sun’? I know, I know, TaeYang isn’t that weird of a name but thinking that it means the ‘Sun’ couldn’t help make me giggle like a fool, just the way I giggled after finding out SeungRi’s stage name means victory.

 

“It’s not funny, okay?” SeungRi had fumed when I laughed as soon as he finished explaining about his supposedly cool stage name. Apparently he had to overcome quite some hardships and fought his way in before finally being accepted into Big Bang which makes him think that he had achieved some victory in his life, thus the name SeungRi. “I think it’s a pretty cool name,” he said unabashedly.

 

It only had made me laugh even more which seemed to infuriate him. His baggy eyes seemed to have grown smaller as he slit his eyes at me.

 

“Sorry,” I had said, putting up my hand in a salute, “It’s not funny.”

 

“Yes, it’s not funny,” SeungRi agreed, “It’s a cool stage name.”

 

I fought hard the urge to say “Whatever” but decided against it. I didn’t want to infuriate him even more. SeungRi had always been defensive when it comes to his stage name; anything regarding himself or Big Bang for that matter. Prior to this, I thought that SeungRi was just a name but after knowing the meaning behind it, I found it to be funny. Obviously, SeungRi didn’t share the same sentiment.

 

“Anyways, YoungBae hyung’s stage name is TaeYang which literally means the Sun,” he said excitedly.

 

I really tried my hardest to contain my laughter. I really did, but failed miserably. I ended up snorting and laughing like a maniac because all of a sudden I had this image of YoungBae in my mind where his head was orange like the Sun and it just cracked me up.

 

“What’s the matter with you?!” SeungRi shrieked and shook his head disapprovingly. “Anyway, you want to know this crazy prank that your husband had pulled? He started it and it went viral within the dorm. Because of his prank, all the members couldn’t trust each other completely.”

 

“Oh my God,” I gasped, “That sounded awful.”

 

SeungRi chortled. “It wasn’t,” he laughed, “I was just trying to make it sound more dramatic.” He continued to laugh and I slapped his arm in protest. “Aish, hyungsu-nim! Stop hitting me or I won’t tell you about it.”

 

I stopped hitting him almost immediately.

 

SeungRi had this foolish grin on his face. “There was once, TaeYang hyung sent a message to DaeSung, pretending to be Minzy. You see, the phone has this feature where you can change the name and number of the sender. So, DaeSung hyung thought that he got a message from Minzy saying, ‘Oppa, I love you’. DaeSung hyung was startled and he was nervous on how to let Minzy down without hurting her feelings. It was funny seeing him looking so troubled about it.”

 

We both laughed as we imagined DaeSung looking troubled.

 

“The worse prank was when he texted DaeSung pretending to be me and say, ‘Hyung, can I sleep beside you tonight?’” SeungRi cringed, “So DaeSung hyung was looking at me strangely the whole day. It wasn’t until TaeYang hyung confessed that I knew the reason why DaeSung was acting weird.”

 

I burst out laughing. I did not know that YoungBae had that side to him. I always thought of him as the polite, filial guy that he is—not the cheeky, playful YoungBae.

 

“Anyways, what are you cooking for me tonight, hyungsu-nim?” SeungRi asked.

 

I groaned. “Yah! What makes you think that I’ll cook for you?!” I said, “I’m only cooking for my husband tonight!”

 

SeungRi pretended not to hear me. Instead, he was already eyeing up the kitchen for some food, that pig! “Ahah!” he snapped his fingers, “How about some ramyun?”

 

That was how we ended up at the couch in the living room, eating our ramyun while watching ‘Running Man’ on TV.

 

We did not even realize it when DaeSung had walked in with TOP.

 

“I smell food!” TOP pouted, looking at me incredulously. I shrugged and pouted towards the kitchen and he understood that I was implying that there was some ramyun left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter