The Big Bang

For Better or Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

During my wedding, I had made someone laugh really loud, like he had just witnessed the funniest joke on the planet. You know it's not a good thing when someone laughs at your wedding. This someone, a guy seated at the front row who looked around my age—must be one of my groom’s relatives—was laughing so hard that at one point, he looked almost asphyxiated. The person sitting beside him, a guy who looked like he was making a fashion statement—he was wearing a bright pink pants coupled with a white shirt, black leather jacket and a fedora hat; he looked like he was attending some fashion show instead of a wedding—glared at him disapprovingly.

 

“Awful wedded husband?! BWHAHAHAHA~” he roared with laughter and wiped the tears from his eyes. Even with all the scornful glances that he had been receiving from the other guests, he was still laughing by himself like he really couldn’t stop it.

 

I later found out that the guy’s name is SeungRi and that wasn’t the last that I would see of him.

 

 

***********************

 

 

A few hours ago after the wedding

 

 

I shouldn’t be nervous. After all, they were just boybanders—not some burly, tough fighters—so there was absolutely nothing to be worried about right?

 

Right.

 

I couldn’t calm the fear in my heart. Meeting this fellow Big Bang members—my husband’s boyband members—was truly nervewrecking. From what EunHye had told me, they were all widely known in the K-Pop world to be unfriendly and cold. EunHye had even warned me about a particular Kang DaeSung who was supposedly the fiercest guy on the planet.

 

“Apparently, they say that he can rip you apart in 10 seconds,” she says with her eyes opened wide.

 

“Who are they?” I inquired.

 

“Google, of course,” she said matter-of-factly.

 

No one can argue with the facts from Professor Google, right? So I had believed my sister’s every word. I had forgotten the fact that her favourite past time was playing pranks on me, something that she enjoyed the most. I honestly believed that she was helping me, since she had always been an avid K-Pop follower.

 

I wiped the sweat that was already forming on my forehead while mentally scolding myself for not doing a little research on my own about these guys. I was busy pitying myself instead of getting to know the enemy. Well, they’re not my enemy per se, but it felt like they were going to become my enemies soon.

 

I keep on repeating the details of the Big Bang members that my sister had provided me after the wedding so that I wouldn’t look stupid in front of them.

 

The door squeaked open and that guy’s head appeared through the door. I was waiting in the hotel suite which that guy’s company had prepared for us to stay for the night, supposedly as our honeymoon present.

 

“EunJung?” he called softly as though waiting for my permission for him to enter.

 

“Come on in,” I called back. I abruptly stood up and neaten myself. I was still wearing my wedding dress at the time since there was going to be some sort of photoshoot later on before we were going to the congratulatory party at the banquet hall of the hotel.

 

That guy, YoungBae—my estranged husband—walked in, followed by four strangers that I had recognized from the wedding. The Laughing Guy was standing at the back, flashing me a goofy grin while wiggling his eyebrow. Maybe he was just showing how excited he was to see me.

 

YoungBae stood beside me and we faced the four strangers. “EunJung, meet the rest of Big Bang,” he said.

 

We exchanged polite bows and I forced a smile on my face. It was really nerve-wrecking to say the least.

 

“EunJung, meet DaeSung. DaeSung, this is EunJung,” YoungBae made the brief introduction.

 

DaeSung grinned at me before he bowed. “Annyeong, hyungsunim.”

 

EunHye’s voice rang in my head. Unni, this Kang DaeSung is totally scary. If he grins at you, that means you’re in deep sh1t because once, he grinningly punch a girl. Remember, if he grins at you, just say something that’ll show him that you’re not easily bullied.

 

I took a deep breath. “DaeSung-shi, I have a yellow belt in Taekwando,” I said firmly, looking at him straight in the eye to show how unafraid I was. If EunHye had not warned me beforehand, I would have thought that DaeSung was a good-natured man. Indeed, looks can be deceiving.

 

DaeSung blinked, a confused expression crossed his face. He briefly glanced at YoungBae as if to make sure that he didn’t hear wrong. “O-kay,” he said, still looking confused, “Uh, g-g-glad to know that.”

 

Well, maybe he was feigning to be confused. Maybe he was actually scared of me.

 

YoungBae coughed slightly and the other guys blinked rapidly as though they didn’t have a clue about what was going on. Only the Laughing Guy was quietly laughing to himself.

 

YoungBae fidgeted on his feet and cleared his throat awkwardly to break the sudden silence. “Uh, EunJung, this here is Choi SeungHyun hyung but better known as TOP,” he said, pointing politely at the tallest handsome guy with the peculiar blue hair.

 

“Nice to meet you, EunJung-shi,” TOP said in his deep voice, a dimple appearing on his right cheek as he flashed me an adorable smile. He was a good looking man, indeed.

 

Choi SeungHyun a.k.a TOP is gay. That’s why he doesn’t live in the dorm with the rest of the guys because he wants to live with his boyfriend. If you want to be on his good side, just tell him outright how much you support the gay community. He’ll be your best friend in a jiffy.

 

“Nice to meet you too, TOP-shi,” I said as I bowed, “Just so you know, I support the gay community. Go gays! Woohoo!!” I hollered excitedly, punching my fist in the air like a football supporter.

 

TOP blinked rapidly, averting his glance towards YoungBae. He looked slightly puzzled by my excited holler, or perhaps he was glad that someone was supporting his lifestyle. “Uh, nice to know that you’re supporting them,” he said, sounding unsure.

 

I smiled, feeling proud of myself, thinking that at least one of them will treat me like a friend.

 

Again. YoungBae cleared his throat before swiftly introducing me to the next guy beside TOP, Mr. Fashionista from the wedding. “This is Big Bang’s leader, my best friend, JiYong,” he said.

 

Mr. Fashionista flashed me his pearly whites before giving me a polite bow. “Annyeong, EunJung. Congratulations!!” he said cheerfully, “YoungBae’s a great guy.”

 

Unni, JiYong Oppa is the group’s leader. Although he looks sleek and trendy, he’s very insecure about his ears. When you meet him later, don’t ever forget to compliment his ears. Oh, remember to praise his biggest hit to date called ‘Nobody’.

 

I returned his adorable smile and polite bow. “Nice to meet you, JiYong Oppa,” I said, “By the way, I have to say, you have really nice ears.”

 

All the Big Bang members, except SeungRi who was bursting out laughing, began to cough. JiYong blinked at me, his hand touching his ear with a look of disbelief on his face, “My-my ears are nice?” he asked again like he wanted to make sure that he didn’t hear wrongly.

 

I nodded. He must really feel insecure about his ears that he didn’t really believe that anyone would be complimenting them, poor thing. I smiled brightly. “Yes, they’re really nice,” I said, “And oh, I think Nobody is a really great song!!”

 

“O-kay,” JiYong said in confusion, “I’m glad you like the Wonder Girls?” he sounded unsure.

 

“Huh? Who’s the Wonder Girls?” I asked.

 

JiYong exchanged meaningful glances with the rest of the guys who were looking at me like I was a specimen from another planet. Only the Laughing Guy was still laughing.

 

Not wasting any more time, YoungBae decided to end the introduction with the Laughing Guy who was still laughing at something that I don’t know what about. “Lastly, this is Big Bang’s maknae, SeungRi. SeungRi, this is EunJung,” YoungBae finished with the introduction.

 

Laughing Guy—SeungRi—halted his laughter, took a deep breath and looked at me with a straight face. “Annyeong, hyungsunim,” SeungRi grinned and bowed.

 

SeungRi is the youngest member of the group. He has a mental handicap so he likes to laugh at random things at random times, like you saw him laughing at the wedding just now. His mental IQ is like a ten year old’s. When you’re talking to him, Unni, make sure that you’re saying each word slowly so that he can catch what you’re saying. He has recognised the other members’ voice so he needs time to adapt to your voice before you can talk at your normal speed. Remember, talk very slowly!!

 

“He-llo, Seeeeuuuunnnng-Riiii!” I said as slowly as I could, waving my hand like I too was handicapped, “Nice... To... Meet... You! You... Look... Great!!”

 

SeungRi blinked for a moment before starting to laugh again. “Aigoo, my stomach!!” he cried in the midst of laughter.

 

“SeungRi,” YoungBae said from beside me, a warning tone to his voice, “It’s not polite.”

 

“Sorry, sorry,” SeungRi apologized before the door burst open to reveal a guy with a fatherly face dressed smartly in a black tuxedo. I recognised him as President Yang, the boss of my husband. EunHye had shown me his picture.

 

All the guys immediately gave a polite bow upon seeing him and I followed suit. President Yang beamed happily and patted YoungBae’s shoulder lovingly, just like how a proud father would. Then, he turned to give SeungRi a menacing stare, one which was cold enough to send chills down my spine. “SeungRi-ah, what have you done wrong this time?” he asked, his voice filling with accusation. This is bad but I thought his voice was kinda funny.

 

SeungRi blinked rapidly, just like a kid who had been caught stealing candy and donned on his most innocent face with his eyes opened wide. “I didn’t do anything, sajang-nim,” he replied politely, his voice tiny.

 

President Yang chuckled softly to himself. “I just have to make sure that you didn’t do anything,” he said, “I had a feeling that you were going to mess something up, like making EunJung runs away with your silly humor,” he said.

 

SeungRi gasped. “Sajang-nim!” he shrieked, “I don’t make silly humor!” He said this with a defiant wave of his hands to emphasize his innocence.

 

President Yang chuckled again. “Okay, SeungRi. I’m glad you haven’t messed anything up,” he said softly, like trying to console a child. Then, he turned to look at YoungBae. “Ah, YoungBae-ah, it seems like just yesterday you were complaining that you haven’t even dated and now look at you, you’ve gone ahead of me and got married. I’m so pro—”

 

“Wait a minute,” I interrupted, “He hasn’t dated?” I turned to look at my groom. “You haven’t dated? Then why did you agree to marry me?!” I said, repulsed by what I had just found out. EunHye certainly had never told me that my own husband could be gay. “Are you gay too? Like TOP-shi?” then a sudden realization hit me, “Oh, I get it! Are you and TOP a couple?”

 

There was a chorus of loud gasp erupting from the guys, President Yang included. YoungBae began to choke on his own saliva.

 

“I’m gay?!!” TOP asked loudly, “Who the hell told you that I was gay?!”

“Google.”

“Google said I’m gay?! I’m gonna sue their sorry a.ss.”

“So you’re not gay?”

“THE HELL I AM!!”

“Oh.”

 

TOP might be one of the iest man on the planet but he definitely wasn’t y when he was in rage. 

 

SeungRi was laughing like mad and it only took one glance from the President to quieten him down.

 

DaeSung stepped forward. “You said just now that you have a yellow belt in Taekwando. What did Google said about me?” he asked. I told him exactly everything that EunHye had told me. “Fiercest guy in the planet?” he scoffed before erupting into laughter.

 

Then, it was JiYong’s turn to confront me. “Let me guess, Google said I like being complimented about my ears?” he asked with a cute smile on his face.

 

I nodded solemnly.

 

The guys broke into laughter again upon hearing that. SeungRi decided that it was time he knew what ‘Google’ had said about him. By this time, I had already figured that EunHye was playing with me and was already contemplating on my revenge.

 

“It said that you, um, have mental retardation. Like, you know, special.”

 

“Special? He’s special alright!”The rest of them began laughing out loud again but only SeungRi was not amused. He was blinking rapidly, his jaw muscle tightened.

 

“I’m going to kill whoever wrote that!!” he exclaimed. His tightened fists told me that he was being serious.

 

Go ahead and kill EunHye, that good for nothing sister!

 

“Relax, maknae,” JiYong said while he pat on SeungRi’s chest with the back of his hand, “I’m sure they meant no harm.” He turned to flash me his toothy grin, a grin that I swear could melt a million heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter