Moonlight

Smother Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Moonlight[/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2]Chapter XV [/CONTENTID2]

 [CONTENTID3]

 

         As the sun finally bid farewell and the moon commenced its shift, Irene and Mino decided it was best to return to their accommodation, spend the rest of the night lounging at the courtyard, and be devoid of the worries and concerns of the outside world. This was not an easy task for two very busy people like them. They have long succumbed to habits of checking their social media and work updates, and having no cellular signal prompted them to be wary,

 

         When Irene zones out due to wariness to this spontaneous escape, Mino would be there to bring her back to the present and remind her that they are here for her healing. Meanwhile, when Mino starts to feel restless, a touch or a smile from the female was enough to have him concluding that he is doing the right choice and no amount of hesitation would make him think otherwise.

 

         By the time they returned to their accommodation, they found the big tree in the middle of the courtyard draped with orange lights, making the whole place even more inviting and cozier than it already is. Irene frees herself from her disguise and footwear to feel the grass and earthly hardness to her soles. "It's beautiful here," she utters and her eyes slowly fall shut when Mino joins her with a warm embrace. He fits his face snug to her neck while her hands roam about his broad back.

 

         "You're beautiful," he gently corrects her with a slightly muffled voice and Irene is left wondering if it were his or her heartbeat that she is hearing, loudly hammering like a drum.

 

          Either way, it made her wish that the night would not end.



         Dinner was prepared by the caretaker who was thoughtful enough to cook dishes that are rare-finds in Seoul. The freshly cooked meal tasted of home, much to their liking. it was quiet and nurturing while they feasted and only their conversation and laughter fill the place.

 

         When they are done eating and cleaning up the table, Irene changes to a more comfortable flowy dress that inspired Mino to pick up the drawing materials that he brought for the trip. his gut told him that it would be somehow useful and he was right. While Irene lies on the polished floor to watch the stars, Mino attempts to draw her.

 

         “I still think this plan is crazy,” Irene murmurs as she tries to remain still. She could feel his eyes studying her while he sketches. Having his sole attention sends a warm fuzzy feeling around her stomach. “But I don’t regret it. Thank you for bringing me here.”

 

         “I’m enjoying it too.” He replies as he leans down to tap on her toes which made the female twitch and giggle. She sits up to take the notebook he’s handing her and there she finds a version of herself, laying on the floor wearing a simple dress with her hair undone and flowing, made by him. “What do you think of this?”

 

         “You draw so well. She’s a lot more beautiful than the model,” she enthuses while admiring the sketch.

 

         “Please. That’s impossible,” he scoffs while rolling his eyes.

 

         Grinning at his reaction while handing him back the sketch, she crawls closer to him so she can rest her head on his lap. Their gazes return to the stars once more while he absentmindedly her hair with his fingers.

 

         “How are you feeling?” He asks.

 

         “I feel utterly calm and refreshed. It’s nice to simply... exist. Without any worries.” Her eyes flutter close and for a while, they relish the refreshing cold breeze that gently sweeps past them. Right at this moment, all the gnawing fear she had seemed minuscule. Without the pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter