Breathless

Smother Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Breathless[/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2]Chapter X [/CONTENTID2]

 [CONTENTID3]

         Right after the competition, everyone was egging him to join the after-party and Mino could barely hide how much he didn’t want to. For the most part, he was glad everything is finally over, and even though he did not get to stand before the crowd as the season’s winner, he knew deep down that he gained so much because of what he has shown in the program and it will play a big advantage for him even to the years to come. His song, ‘Fear’ shall forever touch people’s hearts and will remain as the first proof that songs from a Hip-hop show can chart well. Some would even go as far as to contest that he deserved 1st place.

 

         He should be content enough and yet a heavy lead still weighs his heart down. The bittersweet kind. But I was so close. So close.

 

         Through the neon lights and alcohol poured over many glasses, Mino joins everyone in a calm state. He wasn’t the kind of man to fake enthusiasm, but he wasn’t a sore loser as well. He congratulated Basick and joined them on stage as they performed their huge hits.

 

         At around midnight, thinking it was the right time to excuse himself already, he finds a text message and several missed calls from Irene when he was about to call for his manager. He figured that she was going to congratulate him or comfort him, especially since she has been following each episode with much enthusiasm. However, Mino was alerted to see her sending a location around the Han river with a note that she will be waiting there.

 

         The man trudges his way out of the club and quickly hails a cab while giving the female a call. He was relieved when she answered it after two rings. “Hey, I’m sorry I only got to check my phone now. Are you still at the address you sent me?”

 

         ‘Yes, but I feel uncomfortable here alone.’

 

         “Yah!” He pauses as he says that out too loud out of worrying. He dips his head more and pulls the hood of his jacket more to cover his face, hoping the taxi driver hasn’t recognized him yet. With a hushed voice, he continues, “isn’t it quite dark there? Don’t wander around empty spots. It’s already midnight, it could be dangerous.”

 

         ‘Then come here already, Minho!’

 

         “I am. I am almost there so please be safe.”

 

         ‘Don’t worry, I’ll go grab some food and find a brighter place. I’ll be safe. See you soon?’

 

         “See you, Joohyun.” He mumbles ever so quietly. Having to call her name like that made him smile and while he still worries that she is out there alone, he realizes how thrilled he also is to meet her on such a bittersweet day. He hangs up and tells the driver to go a bit faster.

 

         Ten minutes later, Mino has finally arrived at the promised location and he immediately sets out to find her. It was a quiet place and there was barely anyone around except for couples lounging about in distant locations. He looked up to one lamp post and was thankful to know that the play was safely lit with the usual orange light.

 

         “Took you long enough.” Mino snaps his head back to the voice and finds himself staring at a hooded lady wearing red long-sleeves and a face mask covering half of her face. Her disguise is impeccable, but he’d know her in a heartbeat even if he's just looking at her eyes. She casually hands him a plastic bag where a piece of corn dog awaits him, much like the one she is holding on her other hand. “I bought it in case you were hungry. There are sodas there too.”

 

         “This is such a surprise, aren’t you busy on your comeback preparations?” Mino asks as they sit down on a grassy plane while facing the calm river.

 

         “You know why I am here,” Irene replies with a gentle nudge on his shoulder. With legs folded up, she hugs her knees as she watches the male pull out the corn dog to take a small bite out of it.

 

         “Let me guess, are you here to comfort me about my defeat, and tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter