Warm Christmas

Diary of Lyris

One year before Black Swan Bay incident

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The snowflakes slowly made their way down to the ground, covering it in a thick coat of white, it wasn't a rare sight here in Black Swan Bay, we're in Siberia after all, and it hardly ever stopped snowing, It was a beautiful evening,It was Christmas and Lyris couldn't be more excited.

The flames danced in the fireplace making smooth crackles, Lyris sat down by the fire to pick up the kettle where she was heating up water for the tea, she poured the water into three cups and added tea bags, the fourth cup on the tray had a glass of warm milk.

She picked up the tray and placed it on the floor right near her bed when the three other girls came insdie the cabin, the door opened and Miyuki was the first to walk in, carrying a big box with a little pink ribbon on top:"Oh it's so warm in here~! Merry Christmas Lyris!"

Renata followed her, holding Vera's little hand, Lyris got up from the ground:"Merry Chirstmas! I warmed the rooom up specially for you girls! let's enjoy this beautiful evening! I made tea! and Milk for you Vera!"

The little girl giggled and ran straight to her warm milk, Renata seated herself on the bed while Miyuki chose to sit on the floor with Vera, Lyris grabbed the guitar and made her way back to sit by Renata who looked at Miyuki and asked:" Shouldn't we ask Khorkina to join us? it's a girls-only evening after all!"

The black haired girl shrugged:" I kind of had a fight her this morning, and if I see her again we'll probably argue again and ther might be blood."

Renata's blue eyes widened:" It's Christmas! we're not supposed to make any trouble!"

Miyuki shrugged again:" I wasn't the one being a jerk"

Lyris giggeld at the statement:" alright now, let's just relax and have our nice warm drinks!"

"What about presents?!" Vera protested with a pout:" It's Christmas! we need to open presents!"

"That's right!" Miyuki cheered:" I have a present for you Vera!" 

The little girl's eyes glimmered in excitement as she followed Miyuki towards the box she had with her when she came in, Miyuki put the box in Vera's hands:" Merry Chirstmas Vera!"

The little blonde giggled in excitement, carried the box above her head and started skipping around the room:" I got my first present! I got my first present!"

"Come here and open it!" asked her Renata, who looked even more curious about the present than Vera who sat on the floor again next to the bed and started opening the box.

"It's a doll house!" she announced happily. "and there are little animal plushies!"

"I made them myself!" Miyuki announced proudly:" needle felting comes very useful, do you like it?!"

"I love it!!" cried Vera as she ran towards Miyuki and hugged her tightly.

Lyris grabbed her guitar and walked back to her bed:" my present to you guys is this little song I composed!" she sat down:" it's not the best but I'm proud of it!"

"well let's hear it!" Renata cheered with little clapping with her hands.

Lyris's fingers carrased the strings of the guiar skillfully, beautiful soft music filled the air, to Renata the music was incredibly relaxing, she gently closed her eyes and allowed herself to drift with the music, to Vera and Miyuki it was the perfect background music for the little story they were making with the needle felted animal family and their dollhouse.

It was the most beautiful Christmas night they could wish for, and it was well needed, in the morning Herzog will start training them again and their daily routine will return, but tonight was just the four girls, the beautiful music, the warmth of the fireplace and the taste of the warm drinks.