You're so warm

Diary of Lyris

Lyris stormed in the room, and no soul in Hydras could stop her. They could only pity their High Patriarch, who was about to witness the lady’s wrath.

“YOU!” Lyris hissed. 

Chisei opened his eyes slowly and looked up from his bed. His hair was messy and his shirt was ed. 

“Hmm?”

Lyris felt a burn on her cheeks. But she ignored it; more like, tried to. She was angry after all.

“Lyris? Why are you here?” The young chief asked, with a soft voice. His face was rather pale. But still, Lyris found it hot.

“You didn’t tell me! That you...” She paused. She was so mad at him, but at the same time, she was worried to death. 

“It’s nothing to worry about.” Chisei replied. He sat up, revealing the abs that Lyris could not help but stare. 

“You were poisoned! How can I not worry?! And if Crow hadn’t let me know... do you think you could just lie to me that you’re okay?”

“I’m sorry...” Chisei was in pain; but not only because of the poison, it was more because he had let his lady down. “I was careless on a mission. But I’ve taken the remedy and only need to rest for a few more days.”

Lyris bit her lips, trying to hold back the tears but failed, miserably. 

“You could have let me heal you!” She burst into tears. “I was... I was worried sick when they... they told me that... that you’re in a coma...”

Seeing the tears, Chisei felt hurt, more than ever. He took Lyris’ hand and pulled her into his arms. 

“I’m sorry. I’m terribly sorry...” He kissed her head and the hair while her tears fell on his bare chest. “I didn’t want you to worry... But it seems that I only made you upset.”

“You meanie...” Lyris huffed, though her soft voice was disturbed by the cry. I rose up to face him. “If you are really sorry, then let me heal you.”

“Alright...” Chisei nodded with a smile. “Anything you want, my queen.”

“And you... promise me that you won’t suffer anything alone, okay? You have me now... I’ll heal your every wound...”

Chisei touched Lyris’ face and wiped a way the tears. There had always been just him; he never showed his pain to anyone, not even his father. But he wasn’t alone anymore. He didn’t have to pretend to be strong anymore.

“I promise.” He said, placing a kiss on her lips. “Please heal me...”

Lyris beamed. She curled into his arms again and let her healing light embrace them both.

“You’re warm, Lyris. So warm.”

“Then hold me tight and never let go.”