Chapter 7: The Lonely Days

Love Will Always Be

General POV

The Son and Myoui household kept themselves busy as they wait for any update about Chaeyoung’s condition. It has been two weeks since she went into coma (again). Chaeyoung’s brother and sister were having a hard time concentrating on their schoolwork because of what happened to their big sister. Shin Myung Dae and Son Cho-Hee took turns staying in the hospital even bringing some of their work there. The Myoui’s were just the same since the two families have bonded over a matter of one month. Although Akira is still recovering from his accident, he manages to help his children at the house since her wife Sachiko is always at the hospital making sure that she and her staff are all hands on deck monitoring Chaeyoung. Mina's brother and sister, Kai and Yuki were also affected because their friends Ryujin and Yuna were really worried. While Mina on the other hand, had shut herself mostly in her room and doesn't talk much. Her friends have noticed the change in Mina’s life but when they learned about Chaeyoung’s condition, they understood why and respected it. Mainly for two reasons, one because they are friends and two because they also don't want her to release her alter ego Black Swan (who only comes out during a deep emotional situation…such as this one). The students at Keun Se High avoided eye contact with Mina because they were scared to feel her wrath; even the teachers have stayed away. Even if she has been missing some of her cheer leading and glee club practices, Principal Bae Joohyun and Miss Wendy understood. Mina was like on autopilot and her family and friends are really worried. Her mom kept telling her to get back on the things she loves doing to distract her from thinking about Chaeyoung. Even if Mina doesn't tell her mom about her feelings towards the girl, her mother already knows. Something like mother's instinct; Sachiko knows her daughter too well that she didn't need to be told.

Mina’s POV

September 30, 2019

I miss her. I miss her so much. I just want to see her smile again. I just want to be able to talk to her again. I've stopped attending my All Star practices even if I'm the head cheerleader, I was glad Coach Irene understood; but really I don't find the reason to cheer anymore. Cheering makes people happy but in my case I can't even cheer myself in this situation; because the one person I wanted to cheer for is fighting for her life. I really don't know what's going to happen but I really, really wish Chaeyoung wakes up.

I have been spending my time writing / talking to my diary. It's the only thing that lets me express how I feel because I am afraid that if I start to talk to an actual person, I will break down and cry. I am trying to think positive about the situation; that Chaeyoung will wake up soon, that we will be able to talk to her again. I have been ignoring everyone and I know it's scaring them out. I don't normally ignore people; heck I haven't even been in contact with my best friend Jeongyeon because I know she's busy enough to worry because the only person I wanted to talk to right now is Chaeyoung.

It's the middle of the week and I feel tired already even if I don't have extracurricular activities as of the moment. But when I saw my friends heading to the choir room, I thought: why not join them. I waited until they were all inside and Miss Wendy had already started saying something about the assignment this week, something about dealing with sadness, as usual Jihyo was the first to present a song so I thought why not have them taste a little of the Black Swan for a while. She was in the middle of her song when I opened the door and walked inside.

"Seriously Jihyo, aren't you tired of hearing yourself? I mean god, you're too loud and so annoying" I said as I entered the room and all of them were shocked to see me. Nobody spoke for a while so I went to my normal seat which is the one at the back.

It was Miss Wendy who broke the silence in the room. "It's nice to see you back Mina" and I just shrugged. With that everyone cheered and I just had to roll my eyes at them. Miss Wendy then continued discussing what she wanted for the lesson, got bored right away so I raised my hand and she called me.

"Is there anything you want to say Mina?" he asked.

I stood up and went in front of the glee club, "I just thought I'd grace y'all with my beautiful voice"

everytime I close my eyes
oh I always see those eyes
so I wanted to forget
all the pain since we first met
if this isn't real
someone wake me from this dream
please!!
is this destiny
are we really meant to be
fall, falling you

like destiny we just falling
you're calling out to me calling
I can't escape you love me no more
just hold me
the other half of my being
all the while I've been waiting
for you to take my heart
with you it's sinking

(stay with me)
and are you living in my heart within me
(stay with me)
with all the truth I hid so deep

everytime I close my eyes
oh I always see those eyes
so I wanted to forget
all the pain since we first met
if this isn't real
someone wake me from this dream
please!!
is this destiny
are we really meant to be
fall, falling you

falling you

my heart's beating it goes
when I look at you so close
i'm finding it hard to breathe

even when you're not around
oh you're all I think about
oh what have you done to me

everytime I close my eyes
oh I always see those eyes
so I wanted to forget
all the pain since we first met
if this isn't real
someone wake me from this dream
please!!
is this destiny
are we really meant to be
fall, falling you

When I finished the song they were all clapping their hands but I was crying and I don't understand why. The first one to hug me was Nayeon then after a while they all joined and engulfed me with a group hug (it's something that we do in glee club when one member is feeling sad). When everyone pulled away, I gathered my some strength for me to speak.

"I'm really sorry for ignoring everyone and treating y'all like crap during the past weeks. I… I just don't know what to do. I mean, you all know Chaeyoung’s condition right? It's just hard to accept for me that she's not getting any better." I said to them and they all looked at me as if wanting to say something. So I continued. "Fine, I guess I'll let you all know…I like Chaeyoung" and with that they smiled and we group hugged again.

Chaeyoung’s POV

I wanted to go back to my body and wake up from this deep slumber but every time I try to do so, it's just not working. I tried calling for my grandmother but she didn't respond. I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out what I should do. I mean, I really wanted to go back to the real world because it's getting really lonely here. Plus the fact that Mina  just confessed her feelings towards me, it that I can't do the same to her, well, not yet because I'm stuck in limbo. I have to find a way to go back or else I'll stay here forever. I hear Mina’s voice calling for me and as much as I wanted to answer her I can't. It gets really frustrating you know, but I guess I have to it up. Screaming to nothing doesn't really help coz no one's listening. I want to go back so bad; I just wish I knew how.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Song used: Stay With Me cover by Ysabelle Cuevas