"The Rain of Luck"

A True Love's Kiss

Three days has passed and I’m still seething in anger.

 

    All the curses that I know came out of my stitched up mouth.

    I wonder what it would be like, if I’m not having this stupid smile stuck in my face. Would they even notice it?

    I have nothing else to do, I’m sick of looking at the boys doing stupid stuffs.

    I don’t have anyone beside me on this shelf. Thankfully, it was much cleaner than the one up in the opposite shelf.

   

    Then one night, I suddenly wondered what the outside world looks like now. I’ve been here for more than half a century, maybe I deserve something better.

    Besides, this toy shop is starting to become too small for me. Not that it was any good, it was worst than hell.

    I decided that I’ll leave this hell hole for good.

 

    It was easier said than done.

    I realize that it wasn’t that simple to leave this place.

    I thought of these two options: 1. someone needed to buy me or 2. I’ll be thrown out.

 

    Whether I like it or not, I needed to choose between the two. Even if the last option is worst than the first, I have to get out. Period.

 

 

 

    Evening came, and I dropped the ideas that I have. It was impossible.

    Firstly, no one will buy me. Even those spoiled rotten kids and the normal once will never choose me. Second, I have a body of a stuff toy. Full of cotton with arms and legs that you couldn’t even describe if they are one.

    It’s hopeless.

    I’ll be stuck like this for eternity.

 

 

 

    I was bored again that early morning, I decided to go down again.

    I flopped myself down and went towards the glass cabinets that Park use to display the imported snow globes that were exported from London. It was a collector’s item, that’s why he wanted it in a safe place.

    Rain poured for the first time that month. It was humid the past few days; maybe the rain can ease that up a bit. I made my way to look at some things; I haven’t been inside the stock room for quite a while now. I suddenly halted when I heard the sound of the bell in the entrance.

    I immediately froze and slumped myself on the floor.

    That’s odd… The boys are early or is it Park? I thought to myself, I slowly moved towards the corner.

    Once I was out of sight, I peeked at the small space between the counter and the shelf.

    It was Taemin.

    “What one earth is this kid doing here this early?” I murmured.

    He went towards the storage room. I couldn’t see what he was doing anymore, so I went up and climb the counter.

    I sat down on top of the gift wrappers, he was busy finding something. I can hear his voice, but I cannot decipher what he is saying.

    I accidentally kicked the eraser and I made a loud thump on the floor.

    Taemin immediately spun around, dropped dead on the spot. As I see him walking towards my direction with huge eyes.

   

    I can feel his stare burning through me. He was curious why I wasn’t in my place.

    He grabbed my arm, I was dangling right in front of him.

    “What are you dong here?” he said to me, as if I could reply. I would love too, but that’ll be a big mistake.

    I think his curiosity wears off because he puts me on the same spot were he saw me. As if on cue, Dongho barged in.

    If I’m not mistaken, Taemin got scared or he got scared and jumped. Or both. I’m not even sure how long his arms are because I saw myself flying.

    And everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    I felt damp.

    And no I don’t pee in my sleep, I can’t do that.

    But no, really I felt damp.

    When I opened my eyes, it was a blur. I tried adjusting, then everything became clear. I was outside.

    Wait what?

    I’m outside!

    How…?

    I was accidentally thrown out in the trash. Truth hurts, doesn’t it?

    “Taemin, I will kill you!” I screamed. I stood up, it was already dark. Where was I anyway? It looks like an alley, I can hear cars passing by. Also, it hasn’t stop raining.

    How was I’ve been knock out? I didn’t even know I could get knock out, I jumped that stupid shelf that is ten inches high and I’m fine. I just fell inside a trash can and I fainted?

    Classic.

    I can see a light emitting behind the empty boxes.

    As I was walking, I can feel my legs getting heavier.

    “Oh, shoot!”

    I’m soaking up the water! I have to hurry and find a place to get out of here. I tried running as fast as I can. But it was no use, I get heavier and heavier.

    I sat down on the middle of the pavement. And for the first time in my whole stuff toy life, I cried.

    My reflection is visible on the small depression beside me, I look pitiful. I dropped my head further down so I couldn’t get to see anything.

    I don’t want to look at it. I don’t want to look at anything.

    This is too much. What have I done to deserve this?

   

    Then a shadow was hovering over me, I felt the rain stopped.

    “What a poor little teddy you are?”

    It was an old woman’s voice; I couldn’t help but cry more. Her voice is very warm, it made me feel less miserable.

    I felt her scrawny hand touching my arm, she lifted me up.

    She was staring at me, she looks awfully familiar to me. But I can’t pin-point who it is.

    “You look very sad, would you like to come home with me?”

    I find it funny that she was talking to me as if I’m a person.

    She smiled. “You’re coming home with me, my granddaughter will like you very much.”

 

 

 

 

Again... It took me stone ages to update this... I'M SO SORRY!!! *bows*

So what do you think? A bit slow...? Don't worry the next chapter will be a different environment. ;)

Don't be shy and tell me what you think. I always welcome your comments and thoughts. ^^

 

@ minniebubble12 ~ Thanks! ^^ Kinda similar, right? But don't worry, it will be a far cry from it. ^^

Hope you like the update!
 

@ cathyG ~ Yes, you are! lol Hope enjoy the new chapter!!! :)

 

 

Hope you have a great Friday!!!

Lots of love and kisses,

PurpleSky