Chapter 8: It's now or never

Highschool Throwdown
Please log in to read the full chapter

It took half an hour for Jinsol to get to the Myoui Residence, When she's finally at their door she knocked, signalling Mina that she had arrived. After a few seconds, Mina opened the door looking sleepy with her pjs on that had a penguin design on it. 

 

Jinsol looked up and down at her before saying "You look cute there Myoui" Mina rolled her eyes "Shut up, just get in" 

 

She enters the house as Mina guides her upstairs, walking her to the guest room. "Why are you here by the way? Don't you often stay at your girlfriend's?" 

 

She heard a heavy sigh as they climbed up into the spiral staircase which is so hella long, Mina's house is no joke her parents are loaded. "We had a fight. I don't even know if it's a fight because I just walked out after hearing….." She paused contemplating whether to tell her or not. 

 

As she thinks about it she didn't realize Mina stopped moving and is now facing her with one of her eyebrows raised. She looked up at her and says "I heard my best friend's name moaned by my girlfriend while we were making out" 

 

Now Jinsol lowered her head down dejectedly, She doesn't know why she's telling her 'new' friend about this. It's not like they braid each other's hair and talk about feelings everyday, but somehow being around Mina makes her feel safe and kinda welcomed i guess. 

 

Mina is shocked when hearing the revelation. She knows that something happened between the bestfriend and the girlfriend but she kept it to herself. 

 

She wants to tell Jinsol what she saw that night but she thinks it's for the best that Jungeun should be the one who will tell her. She doesn't want to meddle in other people's lives

 

Although it would be more complicated if she didn't know about it. "That's………disturbing" She wanted to say something else but when she heard Jinsol chuckle a smile appeared on her face.

 

"You bet it is" She said while laughing, At least her mood changed. When they arrived at the guest room they said 'goodnight'' to each other and laid down on the bed. 

 

Jinsol looked at the ceiling with Jungeun and her best friend occupying her mind.

 

On the other side of the street, Jungeun is silently sobbing thinking of what will happen tomorrow. 

 

Tomorrow might be the last.










 

Mina and Jinsol are on their way to school. Borrowing clothes from Mina might not be the best idea since they have different sizes, So she opted to wear her hoodie and Sweatpants from yesterday.. The only thing she borrowed from Mina is a loose tank top which she topped over with her hoodie. 

 

"Why do you walk to school if you have a driver…..well to drive you?" Their school is not that far from here so they're already at the gate. Mina shrugged before answering "I don't want to let the people think of me as a rich brat" 

 

"That's fair" She shrugged. As they walked through the corridors while chatting they saw Jungeun, Sooyoung and Haseul at their lockers. When Jinsol made eye contact with Jungeun, she quickly averted her gaze. She clenched her jaw while looking straight at the hallway. 

 

Mina was about to say her goodbyes since Jinsol's group of friends were already there When Jinsol turned to her before saying "Hey i'll walk you to your class". 

 

She grabbed my arm and dragged me to the classroom. I can only utter 'okay' since we were walking fast.

 

Jungeun felt a little hurt by the scene, her own girlfriend ignored her, of course she will. She moaned her best friend's name. I mean who is in their right mind to do that?.

 

Their anniversary is tomorrow. If there's even an anniversary then she's lucky.

 

On the other side of the hallway, Jinsol and Mina finally arrive at the classroom. "You know Sol, Don't run away from your problems. Talk about it. Solve it. In fact maybe she just slipped. It happens in some scenarios. Don't you trust her?" 

 

While saying that Mina felt like a horrible liar, nonetheless she just wanted to help her friend. She heard a sigh coming from Jinsol with her shoulders slumped. 

 

"Yeah, Maybe i'll do that…..later. Anyways see you later" She gave her a hug and The smaller one can't help but blush. Sure they're friends but Mina feels some kind of attraction to her that makes her want to know her more. 

 

Jinsol made her way to her classroom with her head down. A lot of students greeted her but she just ignored them earning a lot of confused faces. It was rare for Jinsol to ignore them, she's always this bubbly and always socializing with people.

 

She finally entered the room placing her bag to the floor and propping her elbow to support her head. She is not in a mood for today resulting in her zoning out. 


 

She didn't notice that the teacher is already in the front. And she didn't notice Jungeun sitting beside her until she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

 

"What?" She says coldly , Jungeun doesn't know what to feel about her cold aura. This hasn't happened ever in their relationship, all these years they haven't got a serious fight. Maybe that's their flaw. 

 

She held Jinsol's face between her hands to face her. Luckily, Jinsol didn't get out of her grip. "I'm sorry okay, just let me explain." She pauses, silently asking Jinsol if she can continue or not. She felt a nod in her hands before continuing."I-i…" 

 

For the first time in her life she doesn't know what to say. This is not the right time to tell her about her unfaithful . So she decided to just lie about it. "Nothing happened between me and Sooyoung okay? It was just a slip up, something about Sooyoung said to me that day occupied my mind so i accidentally said her name" She whispered not wanting to catch attention from others especially the teacher. 

 

Lying to her girlfriend is the worst thing for her to di. But she got to do what she got to do to keep their relationship alive.

 

Silence invaded between the two, Jungeun just stared at her. Trying to figure out her reaction, she heard a sigh coming from Jinsol. Who has her eyes focused on the table. The brunette removed her hands from her girlfriend's face looking dejected.

 

But when she was about to turn around, a hand stopped her from moving. She sees Jinsol looking at her then says "I believe you. You're my best friend and the love of my life. And never in my life i have doubts in you" 

 

The taller girl pulled her face, Lips are latching on each other. The two are in their own worlds completely forgetting about that they're in a class until a cough is heard. They quickly pulled apart.

 

"Really? In my class? You should have done this in Ms. Jung's class." The professor handed them not one but two detention slips and go back to the front but not before whispering "God i hate being single"

 

The two are embarrassed for being caught hence the reddened face. The couple shared a look before chuckling to each other. 





 

Soccer Practice

 

After getting out of detention, Jinsol rushed to the gym trying to catch the afternoon training. When she got there the team was already packing up.

 

"I missed training?" Trying to catch her breath as she says that. Tzuyu approached her while chuckling "You bet your you did. Coach is looking for you. goodluck bud" She pats Jinsol's shoulder. 

 

The Coach looked at her when she'd arrived, with her arms crossed on her chest l

Please log in to read the full chapter