Planning to Meet the Family + Bad Guy Reveal

Sparta and His Valkyries [Will be rewritten!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes

- Hey guys. Hope you guys are doing well. Sorry about the late update. I've been super busy lately with work and family.

- So I saw the voting poll, and I'm super surprised that votes for Jihyo are much higher than before. I take that as an indication to write a bit more about Spartace. And I also just started a new story focused purely on Spartace. 

- Also, I realized that I haven't really done a warm YeseulXJongKook scene in a while, which I'll include. I think I made her seem like a bit like a shrew in the past few chapters. 

Yeseul POV

Later that night at Yeseul's apartment, Jong Kook and Yeseul shared a warm dinner and began watching a drama, cuddling into each other. The drama had a married man and his close friend discuss the former's love life. He was arguing that he couldn't control how his heart operated, and that the problem was he was in love with two women; his wife and his other lover. Then he asks if it was a sin to love multiple people at once if his heart wanted it.

"Are you kidding me?" Jong Kook grunted into Yeseul's hair. Yeseul turned to her boyfriend, who seemed rather annoyed at the character's question. 

"Is everything okay, oppa?" Yeseul asked. 

"It's fine, Yeseul-ah." Jong Kook smiled at her. "Just what that guy said annoyed me." 

Yeseul glanced at the screen and back at Jong Kook. "What about it annoys you so much?"

"Just the way he chooses to love." Jong Kook grimaced and shifted the way he sat on the sofa. "He's trying to get everything. Like a greedy child."

"Some people would call that romantic though." Yeseul whispered, resting her head on. "And it's only natural to go after what you want."

"And hurt other people in the process? That's not just selfish. It's almost cruel." The singer sighed. "Yeah, maybe you won't be able to control your emotions. But you can always choose what to do with them."

"So what do you think that character should have done? Stayed with his wife?" 

"And at least finish the commitment that he made." Jong Kook added. "If he tries both...then he'll most likely lose his wife and kids. And that regret will stick with him for the rest of his life. Unless if he's heartless." From the way that he spoke, Yeseul got the feeling that he was speaking from personal experience. She lifted herself slightly from her boyfriend and looked into his eyes.

"Were you ever faced with such decision before?" Yeseul asked. 

"Not exactly. But a bit similar." Jong Kook sighed. "This was back in 2005."

"That long ago?" Yeseul gasped. "But then..."

"I'm 44, so back then I was 30, Yeseul-ah. I know I'm old" Jong Kook grumbled about his age, getting an apologetic giggle from his girlfriend. "Anyway there were two celebrities whom I knew really well. What was unique In fact, both of them were fans from my Turbo days. One of them I even knew ten years before that.*"

"Really?" Yeseul leaned on the sofa as she became more absorbed in his story. "What happened?"

"The three of us were on a variety show on called Love Letter, and it was centered around coupling, Unlike other celebrities on that show, though, those two were rather sincere in asking me out. In real life. They were very interested in me. Perhaps even idolized me. And they were perfectly wonderful women, bother of them." Jong Kook leaned back on rubbed his forehead. "But that was rather a confusing time. It was right before I was going to serve my military draft, so having a girlfriend wasn't a focus. Whatsmore, I didn't want to hurt one when choosing the other."

"So what did you do?" Yeseul frowned. 

"I turned down both of them." Jong Kook admitted, shrugging. "And disappointed both. There was no bad blood amongst us after. Maybe a bit awkward. But all of us got along with our lives."

"That's....wow." Yeseul blinked and took a deep breath. "Do you regret it? Not choosing one of them back then?" 

Jong Kook rubbed his cheek. "Mmmm,I honestly don't know. I sometimes wondered what would have happened if I did choose back then. Maybe a wife and a family. But...I honestly can't miss what I never had to begin with."

Yeseul nodded slowly.  "I get it." Not the answer that she was expecting, but it wasn't totally surprising. Then Yeseul started to wonder. If Jong Kook found out that one of his closest friends AND a much younger woman who idolized him were after his heart, would he refuse all three as well? To spare their pain? But what about the pain he would cause her?

"Would you leave me?" Yeseul asked softly. 

"What?" Jong Kook's eyes widened, looking at his girlfriend worriedly.

"Oppa, if another woman came to you, someone who has been in your life longer than I have, and asked you to marry her, would you leave me?" Yeseul asked, catching her boyfriend by surprise. She grabbed his hand tightly. "Tell me honestly." 

Jong Kook relaxed, seemingly understanding what she was getting at. "Yeseul-ah, back then, I wasn't dating either of them. I'm already dating you. Remember how I promised as your boyfriend to give you happiness? I intend to keep that as long as you're with me. I'm not leaving. You've to leave me first." He hugged her, and Yeseul literally sank into his embrace. She felt relieved at his answer, even if it was for the moment. She briefly thought about Jihyo and Naeun, but pushed them out of her thoughts.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Jong Kook let her go briefly. "My mother called earlier today. She organized a huge family gathering tomorrow so that you can meet the rest of my family. So, how about it, jagiya? Are you ready to face the rest of my crazy family?"

For the first time in the night, Yeseul beamed. "Of course! I'd love to meet your family, oppa!" She gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Meeting his family would definitely be a huge step forward in their relationship. She quickly got up. "I wonder what I should wear! Don't want to be too revealing. Maybe something simple? Or something dashing?"

"Though I have to warn you, many of my cousins will hound you with weird questions." Jong Kook smiled. "Especially two of them."

"Same here! I'm going to make sure to ask them for every embarassing story about your childhood!" Yeseul laughed, and Jong Kook froze. 

"If that's the case, then I'll tell them that you're too busy to come." Jong Kook quickly spoke and took out his phone.

"Oppa, don't you dare!" Yeseul jumped onto his lap and tried to take the phone from him. Jong Kook pulled his arm back, smiling as Yeseul reached out. Doing so made them touch each other completely, and Yeseul gave him a passionate kiss to catching Jong Kook offguard. As her boyfriend enjoyed the kiss, Yeseul quickly took his phone and threw it onto another sofa chair. "You're not ducking away that easily, oppa." Yeseul winked. "Don't worry. I won't be too curious."

"Oh fine, you win." Jong Kook chuckled, lying back. The two of them began exchanging a few stories with each other before falling asleep on the sofa. Yeseul definitely felt better now than before that afternoon. Her last-minute decision and her two rivals for love were far away from her mind; rather she was dreaming of a fantastic family meeting.

After Running Man Episode 438

After spinning the roulette wheel, Jihyo won the fully-paid vacation to LA. She lept with joy and everybody else on the cast clapped for her, especially Jong Kook. She approached Jong Kook if he would like to go with her, in front of everybody. She didn't care for the gasps from the cast and production, and much to her surprise, Jong Kook said yes. 

Her mind sped then to Incheon Airport, then to LA, where Jihyo and Jong Kook traveled in a private jet, fully paid for by SBS! During the comfortable flight, the two of them planned excitedly what to do in LA. Jong Kook nearly had everything planned because he went to LA so often.

Dodger Stadium: A casual Lunch with their friend baseball player Ryu Hyun Jin and his wife.

Then Santa Monica Beach: A comfortable walk by the beach in their summer clothes. Jihyo played around Jong Kook by kicking water at him, and he would retaliate by lifting her and taking her into the water with him. 

Then Korea Town: The two of them shared a lovely dinner. Jihyo had to admit that the Korean food in LA was really good. While eating, they started sharing food with each other so naturally that Jong Kook commented that he momentarily thought that she was his wife, much to her embarrassment. 

Then at a luxurious hotel where they were staying, Jong Kook and Jihyo finally get to rest after a long day. The two of them sat on a sofa in Jong Kook's room, relaxing temporarily.

"You were right, oppa. LA is a nice place to vacation to." Jihyo spoke. "I just might come here more often."

"If I knew you would like LA so much, then I would have invited you to come with me more often." Jong Kook replied.

"Why haven't you before? You should have." Jihyo raised an eyebrow.

"Really? You love staying at home and sleeping." The Sparta snorted back. 

"Well, that's true. Most of the time." Jihyo leaned back. "Thanks for taking me around LA, oppa."

"No problem," Jong Kook chuckled and suddenly got up. 

"Where are you going?" Jihyo asked, her eyes widening.

"Hmm, I'm going to catch a quick workout before turning in." Jong Kook stretched. As he was about to walk away, Jihyo grabbed his wrist. 

"Can you...stay with me? At least for tonight?" Jihyo spoke nervously, looking up shyly at Jong Kook. He slowly sat down next to her with a confused expression.

"What is it?" Jong Kook asked. "Is something wrong?"

"I just...want to tell you something," Jihyo whispered, leaning into his chest. Her heart was now beating so fast, contrary to Jong Kook's heart beat. She felt Jong Kook's arm wrap around her.

"Say it. You can be honest with me." Jong Kook spoke. Jihyo looked up at him.

"I....think I'm in love with you," Jihyo whispered. Jong Kook's face didn't change. He instead replied.

"I know..." Jong Kook spoke bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter