Courting an Angel: The Beginning

Sparta and His Valkyries [Will be rewritten!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2019: First Date. Goryeo World Tower (Formerly known as Lotte World Tower). Bicena

Wearing a blazer, dark blue jeans, and white shirt, Kim Jong Kook was waiting for his date that his fellow Dragon Line Member set up for him. A week ago, Han Ye Seul declared on television that her current ideal man was "a man filled with vitality", like himself. Although the Turbo member initially took that as an innocent declaration like any other time, Cha Taehyun set up a date between them. Jong Kook was about to refuse if it were not for a family member of his, who convinced him. That family member even got him a reservation at Bicena, a Michelin-Star Restaurant.

"Oppa!" Jong Kook turned and saw a breathtaking figure. Han Ye Seul, wearing a very fitting mid-thigh mini dress with black leather jacket, blood-red lipstick, was walking towards him. "It's so good to see you."

Jong Kook shook himself out of daze quickly. "Same as well. So good to see you." He stood up and walked towards the actress shyly. He was about to hold her hand, but Yeseul ran and hugged him tightly. The singer froze as the actress's arms wrapped tightly around his torso like a koala. "Waah, oppa. You feel even fitter than you see!"

"Ah...yeah." Jong Kook blushed so much and awkwardly wrapped his arms around her as well. "You seem more beautiful than ever."

"Oh oppa~!" Yeseul let go on him and playfully hit his arm.

"How have you been?" JongKook relaxed as he went to the table and pulled out a chair for Yeseul. 

"Thank you, Oppa." Yeseul beamed as she said down on at her chair. "How did you manage to get a reservation here?"

"A family member helped me." Jong Kook sat down at his own chair. The Running Man member wiped his sweaty hand on his jeans. "Get anything you want. My treat."

"Oh oppa~! You're spoiling me!" Yeseul squealed and grabbed the menu. "Then next time, I'll treat you, how's that?"

Jong Kook nearly jumped at the mention of next time. He could barely keep calm at his date now; thinking about next time made him nearly flip out. "S-Sure. Sounds good, Yeseul-ah. So, how have you been?"

Yeseul put her menu down and started to talk about her current projects, and how she feels about them. The two of them quickly ordered their food and drinks and resumed their conversation.

"Are you dating anyone?" Jong Kook asked, and Yeseul winked at him.

"Oppa, if I was dating anyone, then I wouldn't be here. Speaking of which, how about you?" The actress wagged her eyebrows. "Are you dating anyone? There are so many rumors of you dating Song Jihyo and Hong Jin Young."

Jong Kook smiled ruefully. "All of them are false. Friends keep spreading rumors like this so they can pressure me into asking either of them out."

Yeseul leaned closer to Jong Kook, her eyes never leaving Jong Kooks. "Well? Are you interested in them?"

Sparta shook his head. "Jihyo, I consider like family since I worked with her for so long. Jinyoung...she's just teasing for fun." 

"Excellent," Yeseul giggled in English, and Jong Kook tilted his head in confusion. "Because I don't want to waste my time on a man who's interested in somebody else." Jong Kook blushed deeply at her comment. "Especially if that person is someone I'm interested in."

The singer looked at her in surprise. "You're interested in me?"

"Oppa, I've been interested in you for a long time." Yeseul chuckled. "Guess I haven't made them overtly obvious." 

Jong Kook chuckled. "Or perhaps I've heard that women are interested in me way too many times that I stopped believing in them."

Yeseul then reached out to grab Jong Kook's hand. "Then you don't have to worry, because I mean it." 

The rest of the night went very smoothly. Free from his initial nervousness, Jong Kook began talking very smoothly with his date. Talking just about life in general and what they both want while enjoying their food. Being the perfect gentleman was no chore for the singer. Slightly flirting here and there while not seeming totally engrossed, too. Because his being single, so many people assumed that Jong Kook couldn't date. But he could. If he wanted, he could very well. He was just too careful when it came to relationships themselves. Too calculating and cautious.

He had met Yeseul before, so she wasn't a complete stranger. But he never saw her as a romantic companion...or perhaps he never dared to. Come to think of it, he never dared to do that with any woman for a while. Because doing so was too risky.

This time, though, at the advice of his family member, threw such thing out of the window and enjoyed the moment for what it was. After finishing their meal and drink, both of them walked out to the restaurant and went to the city-sight bar. One of the things that Yeseul noticed was aside from the staff, they were the only ones here.

"Oppa, did you...reserve the entire restaurant and bar?" Yeseul asked, giggling. Jong Kook noticed this as well earlier and mentally sighed, thinking of his family member. Joka-yah, this is too much... 

"I wanted privacy between us. You know how it is with celebrities." Jong Kook nervously chuckled back, playing it cool.

"A man of such hidden depths..." Yeseul gasped in wonder. "You know, I knew you were a romantic, but not to this level!" She crossed her legs, showing off her long legs to her date, who blushed and began to focus on her face. After enjoying a cocktail or two, they went to the arcade section, which had all the games they could play. Yeseul took off her jacket and began to play all kinds of games. Yeseul even began to play a motorcycle game that showed off her legs so much that Jong Kook was happy that they were the only ones there.

Just as she was about to get off, Yeseul almost fell, if it were not for Jong Kook catching her. He caught her so that his hands weren't grabbing anything. Just like a gentleman like always. 

"Are you okay?" Jong Kook asked. 

"I'm fine oppa. Thank you." Yeseul felt Jong Kook's firm chest muscles and arms protectively holding her. They feel so much more comforting than that I thought! She blushed as those thoughts appeared. To her mild disappointment, he quickly let her down. 

Meanwhile, Jong Kook played shooting and strength games, earning a lot of prizes.

After all the games, a tour guide took them to another floor, where an orchestra was playing romantic music next to an open dance floor. Jong Kook froze as Yeseul squealed. "Oppa! This is so daebak!" 

Joka-yah...aigoo. Jong Kook smiled and played it cool like before. Deciding to take a gamble, the singer walked in front of her, bowed, and held his hand out. "May I have this dance?" He said in perfect English. Yeseul giggled and curtsied herself. "I would love to dance with you." She replied back in English and took Jong Kook's hand. They began to slowly waltz to the music, moving in circles slowly. Jong Kook inside thanked the heavens for when he had to learn how to waltz for a variety show. 

After the dance, Jong Kook drove Yeseul back to her apartment. 

"I had an amazing night, Oppa." Yeseul smiled. "Thank you."

"Glad you enjoyed it." Jong Kook chuckled. "I had the same."

"Now that I think about it, I never got your number. Can you give it to me?"

"Sure." Jong Kook told her his personal cell number, and Yeseul saved it. 

"Great. You can be sure that I'll text you later." The actress giggled, much to her date's delight.

He arrived right in front of her apartment building. "Here you are. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter